You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kski

Ace

• "kski" started this thread

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Friday, June 8th 2007, 10:47am

How many Twin Mums have reached 38 Weeks ?

just a thought - Wondered what the view was on here from the extensive experience -

DW seems to have done very well to get to 36 weeks

k
DAD to twins

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Friday, June 8th 2007, 10:53am

I was induced at 38 weeks but even then they didn't want to come out!!! Was induced again the next day and in the end had a c section. I really thought they were going to come much before then, we had a few hospital admissions from 34 weeks with various symptoms. I was massive in lots of pain and discomfort, but they liked being where they were. Good luck xxx

angel

Reg: May 10th 2007

Children: twin boys born 92 at 40wks+3 days,7lb2 and 8lb2

Friday, June 8th 2007, 5:10pm

i got to 40 weeks 8o

then was induced so by the time they were born it was 40 weeks +3 days

kski

Ace

Friday, June 8th 2007, 5:23pm

heavens above - it is possible then !
DAD to twins

angel

Reg: May 10th 2007

Children: twin boys born 92 at 40wks+3 days,7lb2 and 8lb2

Friday, June 8th 2007, 5:59pm

lol oh yes its possible

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Friday, June 8th 2007, 9:53pm

I wasn't allowed to go over 38 weeks due to the risk of placenta prevaria (sp), but went into natural labour at 37 and 3 anyway!!! xx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 7:58pm

I did! 38 weeks 4 days, the actual day they were due (in twin terms not 40wks singleton) everything was going so perfect, heads down for 7 weeks, but had emerg c-section as induced 3 times & Molly's heart rate went down alot. but all worth it! everyone I speak to is amazed I made it that far, as not many twin mummies do! your dw is doing very well, can she still walk!!!
xxx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

kski

Ace

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 8:22pm

yes had to threaten to tie her to a chair - She is tidying up and fussing around -

as we have finished deocratong and just putting away/ cucking all the junk we have !

k
DAD to twins

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kski" (Jun 9th 2007, 8:23pm)

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Sunday, June 10th 2007, 4:01pm

Ooh tidying up!!! thats a sign, she's nesting could be soon!!!!

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Sunday, June 10th 2007, 8:13pm

I do feel for her the last few weeks are a killer! can't see your feet, can't get out of bath! & this massive hugest belly ever!! & it feels mine hasn't gone down yet!!!

x
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Jun 10th 2007, 8:14pm)

Reg: Dec 23rd 2005

Thursday, June 21st 2007, 11:15pm

we were booked in for C-Section at 38+2, the consultant didn't want us to go past 38 due to potential complications. So, no labour pains at all for Mads...our babies were surgically implanted and surgically removed...the wonders of modern medicine!!

In hindsight, Mads wouldn't have had it any other way...I say book the c section and if you dont get there, fine...at least if you do, you know you will definitely have your bubbas out by 38+1
Male Factor - Bilateral Absence of Vas Deferens

Reg: Nov 14th 2006

Children: Twins boy and girl

Friday, June 22nd 2007, 4:13pm

I am amazed that quite a few of you delivered naturally. I saw my consultant for the first time yesterday and he has said to have a c section which will be between 36 and 38 weeks. He asked me what i wanted and tbh i hav'nt really thought about it yet (i am only 14 wks) I then said that i may like to give a natural birth ago and his response was " Why??" really abruptly and then he went on to say i should have a c section. Bit confused now as to know what to do for the best.

He then went on to say that if i could not make up my mind then my name will go into a computer data base and that will decide for me. Has anyone else heard of that???

As you can imagine my first impressions of him are not that great.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Friday, June 22nd 2007, 4:54pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Lizzypops
I am amazed that quite a few of you delivered naturally. I saw my consultant for the first time yesterday and he has said to have a c section which will be between 36 and 38 weeks. He asked me what i wanted and tbh i hav'nt really thought about it yet (i am only 14 wks) I then said that i may like to give a natural birth ago and his response was " Why??" really abruptly and then he went on to say i should have a c section. Bit confused now as to know what to do for the best.

He then went on to say that if i could not make up my mind then my name will go into a computer data base and that will decide for me. Has anyone else heard of that???

As you can imagine my first impressions of him are not that great.

My hospital is the complete opposite ... I haven't been asked at all, and when I tentatively said I was leaning towards a section, my doc said that if there were no medical reason they would be relutant to perform a section.

Have no idea what all that is about re: the database thing ... what a ridiculous thing to do ...

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE