You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "cazzmo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Monday, May 28th 2007, 9:24pm

heartburn

Hi all
Blinkin' heartburn's taken over my life. X(
I'm swigging gaviscon every 5 minutes at the moment. Does anyone use anything else or is this the best remedy about?
I've tried Boots own make but it's so think it make me gag. You literally have to suck it out of the bottle. 8o

That old wives tale re heartburn being caused by a hairy baby is scary, there's not many men hairier than my Dh :(

thanks in advance
Caz xxx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Monday, May 28th 2007, 9:42pm

Caz - I suffered terribly with heartburn and my babies weren't particularly hairly -- they did have a good head of hair but not hairy bodies :D - Malox worked for me - I used to get it from the Docs and had a bottle at work, at home, at my mum's ... everywhere ... Hope you find something to help ease it soon ;)
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Saz

Monday, May 28th 2007, 9:56pm

I suffered and R wasn't hairy!! I didn't use Gaviscon cos it makes me sick, so used chewable rennies! I practically lived on 'em!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, May 28th 2007, 10:11pm

Heartburn was the absolute bane of all of my pregnancies. Gaviscon is revolting stuff but a massive bottle is free on prescroption and it did literally put the fire out in my chest. I didn't bother with a small spoon, I used a desert spoon/tablespoon or drank it from the bottle :O

For me, the worst time was during the night. I learnt to sleep perfectly still because as soon as I moved it sloshed up into my throat and was agony. I trained myself to wake up when I wanted to move in bed so that I could do it millimetre at a time. I also learnt that if I didn't drink anything for an hour before I went to bed my heartburn wasn't quite so bad.

Yeuch! You have my sympathy!!!!

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 8:27am

Ohhh I shudder at the memories!! I had awful heartburn right through my pregnancy and it got worse and worse at the weeks went on Im afraid. Get yoru gaviscon on presciption hun - I was going through a 500mil bottle every 4 days (doc was sick of writing prescriptions lol) - the good news is from the secon I had Max I have never had it again. Take some in your hospital bag though as you will probably have it in labour. Like you I was expecting a mega hairy baby due to having a wearwolf hubby and the heartburn but Max had a lovely finve covering of hair nothing mad - although he has got hairy ears!!!

Cant believe how far on you are - I think you are having a boy!! xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 8:45am

Forgot to say ice cold milk can help a little and stay away from any spicy or citrus type foods!!! You have probably found that out yourself by now though you poor thing xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 9:03am

OOHH i shudder at the thought. I had heartburn constantly, didn't have any room for food!!!! My babies weren't particuarly hairy. Gaviscon made me gag, so I got the chewable fruit rennies and they seemed to help. xx

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 9:39am

I always found the aniseed gaviscon worked the best. still suffer with heart burn now. bread and pastry make it worse for me. hope it gets better soon x

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 9:41am

Thanks ladies
I'll try the rennies and aniseed gaviscon, and try to get my doc to prescribe it.
Not very attractive swigging from a bottle wherever I go lol!!

Caz xx

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 9:45am

lol you will get used to it... ahhhh the memories. i would panic if i forgot to take the bottle out so always had some of the tablets handy too. You should just be able to call drs reception and order it from them. make sure you ask for the big bottle!!

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 10:22am

Will do hun

;)

Caz xxx

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 10:24am

If going to gp get him to prescribe gaviscon advanced it is the best and only available on prescription, still tastes vile though but chew rennies inbetween doses xx

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 3:31pm

i used to get 2 x 500mil bottles a week!!

5 x ICSI b.f.n

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 3:45pm

Girls
Does heartburn get up and under your ribs?
I've got a horrible heartburn feeling down one side and wondering if it's baby or blinkin' heartburn. It's really uncomfortable.

Caz xxx

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 3:51pm

Heartburn for me was from the back of my mouth right down to my solar plexus. Does that sound similar?

Missy

Superstar

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 4:00pm

I suffered too, I slept semi upright as like Bells said the second I got lay down comfy in bed the acid would come rushing up :(

I found on the move it helped to keep a pack (or 2 ;)) of wrigleys peppermint chewing gum in my bag. Peppermint is a natural neutraliser and keeps the acid at bay. My mum drank peppermint cordial but I never fancied it!!

Oh, and heartburn is caused by the muscles at the top of your gut relaxing and letting acid travel back up your system not hairy babys!! ;)

Glitzy, Lolly had the werewolf ears too, don't worry it will rub off soon!! :D

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 4:01pm

Yep - feels like you are choking and you get a bit sicky at the back
of your throat whoops3, think the rib pain must be the LO

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Thursday, May 31st 2007, 11:59am

Hi Cazz

i can really sympathise, with you, I had heatburn all the way through pregnancy,

Gaviscon was crap on its own for me,
Drink a glass of cold milk first then take a dessert spoon of gaviscon, I found Gaviscon Advance better than the origional one

Renees worked quite well hun, sugar free ones were better

Really just stick to a bland diet, nothing too spicey or hot, and drink as much milk as possible, have a warm milk before bedtime, or make milky coffees(with decafe coffee) and milk shakes

and prop yourself up in bed with loads of pillows, the flatter you lie the acid will just build up, so you need to be propped up

hope this helps a little sweetie

on the plus side, it dissapears as soon as you give birth

sharon
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE