You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Missy

Superstar

• "Missy" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, January 7th 2006, 4:51pm

Nesting

When does this kick in?? Its just sonce I've been off I've had no desire whatsoever to do ANY housework (including the pots!!) Today has seen me scrubbing the bathroom, fixing the toilet (it made a slight noise when you flushed it) washing everything in sight (today I've done 6 loads of washing, including our duvet) hoovering, scrubbing the kitchen including cupboards and fridge and being on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor, polishing and generally dettoxing anything in sight!!

Is this normal this early?? I'm sat here eying up the cat for a bath now!!

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 7th 2006, 5:01pm

If he is anything like my cat who is usually lovin and gorgeous get him near water and he will scratch your eyes out!

I don't know when it is meant to start but do you fancy coming round my house to do some cleaning because i can not be arsed!!

Missy

Superstar

Saturday, January 7th 2006, 5:16pm

LOL!! She is nasty and vicious so maybe I will put her in to see if she changes temperament to be like your cat!! She is water obsessed, and sits on the side of the bath and sleeps in the sink. When she was little though she fell in the toilet and wasn't too impressed when I dunked her in the bath to get the germs off!

I would pop round hun, but you are some way away!! :D

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 7th 2006, 5:31pm

Yes sam it's normal :D

My hubby got up one morning to find me scrubbing the bathroom door (note not just the handle but the entire door) with bleach. :D

I'm generally not a tidy person but if it wasn't breathing I cleaned it.

It was even worse with the second as I knew that I would have midwives in my house, possibly for a long time and that they would be moving furniture and getting into funny positions. I knew that if I didn't clean round the back of my loo I was bound to be one of those people who delivers in the bathroom and my plumbing would be under close scrutiny :D.... in both senses!!!! :D

My best friend at the time was an extendible vacuum hose with a crevice nozzle 8o 8o :D

Missy

Superstar

Saturday, January 7th 2006, 5:48pm

:D I'm glad I'm going into hospital then!! :D

I still don't feel 'tidy'!!

How long after this kicked in did you go into labour?? Does it last long? (i'm shattered!!)

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 7th 2006, 6:10pm

Well I actually started cleaning at 36+6 and I stopped when I went into labour at 40+6 :rolleyes: sooooooo..........4 weeks!!! :D

Missy

Superstar

Saturday, January 7th 2006, 7:02pm

Noooo.. I'll be too tired to do labour!!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 7th 2006, 7:07pm

yeah but think how tidy your house will be :D

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Sunday, January 8th 2006, 2:46am

:D funny you mention this sam - I'm doing "nesting by management"

I know I shouldnt take the piss and I am trying not to, but for the last 8 months DH has only been vaguely interested in helping me out.

the scare yesterday, and now he cant do enough! so for m, it's a case of "darling, would you do ......"
"darling, would you throw out....."
"darling, ......."

saying that, I am defrosting the fridge/freezer - which is a terrible mess - thank god the maid comes in tomorrow!

;) :D

Sunday, January 8th 2006, 2:56am

god, I sound spoilt, don't I?!

:D :D :D

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, January 8th 2006, 7:51am

a maid??! WOW SUNSHINE! you lucky girl!......................i want one! :D

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 8th 2006, 9:49am

My Dh is my maid at the moment! He hoovered and washed all the floors yesterday and did all the washing, I am not counting my chickens though as he also has a habit of acting like a 12 year old when it comes to putting clothes away!

Sunday, January 8th 2006, 9:55am

cookie - one of the few joys of living so far from home. Home help is very cheap out here, so everyone can afford a maid to do the cleaning / washing / ironing ! phew :D

Missy

Superstar

Sunday, January 8th 2006, 1:51pm

Yeah, I have been like that since I got pregnant, but suddenly theres this overwhelming feeling that if its not done NOW, then its gonna be all hands on deck!! :D

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

cookie

Superstar

Sunday, January 8th 2006, 8:22pm

i cried my eyes out cos dh wouldnt let me clean the skirting board behind the wardrobes, the fact that they weighed about 5 stone each, and he couldnt move them was his reason! but quite francly it wasnt good enough! so i cried for about 2 hrs!
seemed a completly reasonable request at the time! poor dh! :D

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 8th 2006, 8:28pm

I have been crying my eyes out all day because of H (he doesn't deserve the D!) he forgot to take our scan picture to his dads house this morning...... how dare he, I know I am being completely unreasonable but he then forgot to order me some rice from the indian but remebered all of his order!!!! Divorce courts i think.......... I have been snotting and slobbering all day!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 8th 2006, 8:34pm

Lol chilli :D It's perfectly reasonable to put his stuff into a bin bag and leave it on the lawn. It wouldn't have been so bad if he's forgotten part of his OWN order but OH NO!!!! he has to forget yours ;( ;( ;( ....and how are you supposed to eat an indian without rice? He's just RUINED your whole day and you'll probably even starve to death now too X( X( ;(

:D ..... does that feel better? :D

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 8th 2006, 8:36pm

Yes thank you Bells I knew I was right to be angry ;)

cookie

Superstar

Sunday, January 8th 2006, 10:49pm

too true! a pg lady should get everything her heart desires!
rice is a perfectly good reason to cry if you ask me! naughty h!!!- no d ;)

Monday, January 9th 2006, 3:51am

roflmfao @ you lot!

I was in a snot with DH this morning but I couldnt remember why so when he asked me why I was being snotty at him I just said "because I can...." and he burst out laughing! :rolleyes:

cookie

Superstar

Monday, January 9th 2006, 8:02am

lol sunshine!!!! its a pg womans parogative!!! (sp?) :D

Missy

Superstar

Monday, January 9th 2006, 11:06am

PMSL!!! I was in a mood last night too, but couldn't remember why!! :rolleyes:

Chilli, I keep reminding DP that it is apparently legal to kill someone whilst in labour!!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, January 9th 2006, 11:57am

LOL Samd I am going to use that one on H!

secrets

Tuesday, January 10th 2006, 10:23pm

Not long to go now sam, all the best for the 23rd
xx
icsi - m/c 05
icsi bfp 2009 twins born nov 2009

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Tuesday, January 10th 2006, 10:47pm

I never really had my nesting instinct hun, I just kind of went on a mad spree the day after I got back!!

So glad i spent half an hour tidying the house up before i tried all those myths!! one of them must've worked!!

Not long to go now Sam and Sunshine! i will be thinking of you both!

Just think when you're in the bath afterwards and you can hear all the women on the ward giving birth, smile to yourself and think 'thank goodness I'm on this side now!!' :D

Jessica x x

Wednesday, January 11th 2006, 1:23am

sam - the 23rd?! goodness, that's not long for you.

I'll almost certainly be later than you then by a couple of weeks!!! but I'm not complaining as I want my littlun to stay up to (but not longer than ;) ) 40 weeks, if possible!

Wednesday, January 11th 2006, 9:49am

hmmmmm

does this count?

we got the day off work today as a public holiday

so..... doing what every sane woman does...!?!

I got up at 8:30am, checked my email, found a great one from a headhunter agency! :D

then dragged DH out of bed around 11am to go to the shops

then used fresh 9 carrots, 12 oranges, and 1 pineapple and a juicer machine to make:
* carrot & orange juice
* pineapple & orange juice

then used some ripe bananas that had spent too long in the sun (ie throw out or cook with stage) to make banana & chocolate fudge ripple ice-cream (from fresh ingredients).

THEN (!) spent the afternoon baking and made 18 (minus the three that have already been eaten ;) ) chocolate cherry muffins from a Nigella Lawson recipe book - v v v v yummy

This is NOT normal behaviour for me I hasten to add. On a good weekend I might possibly do one of the above activities.

Question: am I nesting?! :rolleyes: :D

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 11th 2006, 9:54am

Dunno about nesting but you're welcome to post me some of those choccy cherry cakey things :D

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, January 11th 2006, 10:32am

My mouth is literally watering at the thought of that icecream!! I do envy you though Mrs Beaton!! I'm more of a readymade girl myself!! :D

I would definately say that it sounds like its kicking in!! I spent yesterday restoring a swinging crib!!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Wednesday, January 11th 2006, 11:56am

sam - I'm a bit of a weirdo when it comes to readymade.

I know I have a maid to cook for me on occasions, and she also cleans the chaos that is the kitchen afterwards, so life is easier in that way.

but..... I do like knowing what goes into my food - ever since we've been ttc I've tried to make sure that we minimise the amount of additives etc that we eat.

I will eat baked beans and sausages and pasta and things, as these are really hard to make from fresh.

it's just for curries and main meals and desserts I like to make from fresh, as (a) you know what goes in (b) you dont waste because it is a bit of an effort to make the food (c) it just tastes so much nicer (d) it's generally not that difficult to do once you get the hang of it.

the trick is a well stocked larder, lots of gadgets, and someone (or something - eg dishwasher machine) else to do the washing up! ;) :D

Wednesday, January 11th 2006, 12:26pm

My aunty had a maid in Hong Kong - it was great :D

ps - yes Sun, I think the nesting might have started - I have some cupboards that need cleaning if you'd like to fly over, lol
LR
Me 32, hypothyroid,
I have 2 beautiful boys 8 & 6, and one beautiful girl
1st ICSI - 15 eggs - Oct 05 - BFN
2nd ICSI - 22 eggs - egg sharer -Feb 2006 - BFN
I'm a single parent.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Giggles" (Jan 11th 2006, 12:30pm)

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Wednesday, January 11th 2006, 12:44pm

Counting the days Sun!

All the home made sounds yummy, when I finish work I'll be on making from scratch too :D

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 3:36pm

I think I am nesting already and I am scared! it's too soon surely..................

I started by sorting my drawers out, then went on to pulling out the whole bedroom and cleaning EVERYTHING, i then started on the airing cupboard and threw out loads of stuff, WASHED and dried all the stuff I wanted to keep IRONED..... YES IRONED 8o ?( it all and put it back!

Just done the bathroom cupboards (I am a sucker for Boots and superdrug!) and now I feel like I have done 10 rounds with Mike tyson. I have already planned my cleaning day for tomorrow if I can move!

Or it may not be nesting it could possibly be that my mum is arriving on friday and if you think that woman off of how clean is your house is a dragon you've never met my mum ..............(only when it comes to cleaning though :D) she'll still manage to find something

Saz

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 3:57pm

I am seriously nesting!!! We decided we needed new internal doors, so I made sure it was done asap ( today!!). I have washed and ironed all the baby's things. Started cleaning the house from top to bottom. Built furniture, nagging the people we are getting the bits we haven't got yet trying to get it delivered!!!

Saz

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 3:58pm

Oh, and I have packed and repacked my hspital bag more times than I care to remember!!!!!!!!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 4:31pm

I haven't started on the baby bits yet, I have sorted them out and put them away written a list of what we have and what else we need to buy, I am going to wash them in a few weeks or let my mum do it this weekend!

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 4:39pm

I feel so disorganised compared to you guys --- hospital bag!!! i've not even thought about that yet. We have painted the nursery (at the weekend) and that's it. DH is off to France to work next week and possibly the week after so there is not going to be much done re. cot building etc for the next couple of weeks - you guys start to scare me when you seem so organised --- please stop it!!!

Elaine
x
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 4:54pm

Sorry Elaine!

Bagpuss

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 5:18pm

Most things are done here, haven't done the hospital bag either (you're not on your own Elaine!) or started my birth plan 8o

I have most of my clothes ready but they need to be washed, my brother has the cot but we need a mattress for it but as we're probably using the carrycot from the travel system or a travel cot in our room for the first few weeks I'm not panicking yet (our room is in the loft & Bee's room is on the 1st floor so not entirely practical to ahve him/her in the nursery to begin with :()

There's an NCT sale near us on Saturday so I'm going to pop along & see what we can pick up there before making our final purchases. Nursery needs a few bits & bobs but the main decor is done so don't need to worry about that either!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 5:23pm

Whats the NCT sale Gill and where abouts is it?

Bagpuss

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 5:30pm

it's a nearly new sale, baby/toddler/childrens clothes, toys, cots, maternity clothes, nursery equipment etc. Some of the stuff will ahve hardly been used, a friend of mine went when her first was a few months old & she kitted her out for about 6 months on about £30!

Some of the nursery equipment may also be hardly used, sterilisers etc & maybe breast pumps (I would want to buy new bottles though), baby monitors - all sorts of stuff!

If you visit the NCT website there is a link for activities in your area, give me a mo & I'll see if I can find it for you :D

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 5:30pm

Elaine - if it helps I only ordered our cot mattress yesterday! :D

Bagpuss

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 5:32pm

here you go Lauren

They hold them all over the place, it's worth a visit

http://www.nctpregnancyandbabycare.com/events.asp

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 5:38pm

Thanks Gill they have one in Folkestone and Maidstone I live 20 mins from each xx

Bagpuss

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 6:19pm

Chilli - you need to get there early as they're very popular!

Think Harrods with a 75% off sale! 8o :D

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 6:28pm

Really, I was planning a baby shopping day with my mum on saturday so will go then ohh really excited now!

Saz

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 7:48am

Sorry for scaring people with organisation, but we have a history of early labours in our family, particularly with Girls. We have also been told that is looks and sounds like Rhiannon has her head in my pelvis now, but won't find out for sure until next week.

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 8:40am

And the BH Saz how have they been? Oh Saz I hope she stays put for a bit longer hun x

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 8:46am

Keep thoses legs crossed Saz!!

I was organising and re-organising everything from quite an early stage too, but it was only when I got on my hands and knees to scrub the kitchen floor and hoovered the ceiling did I realise!!

Bagpuss and Chilli, those NCT sales are highly recommended! I've only just found our local one, but I will be popping along on the off chance that there is something left that I need!! :D You cannot move in my house for Laurens stuff!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Saz

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 8:54am

I have had loads of Bh's in the last few days. Painful too!! I was getting them all day Sunday, every 20 mins or so. They have eased a bit now, but still getting them every hour or so. Apparently, the midwife I spoke to last night said I should have gone in on Sunday!!