You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "babypink" started this thread

Reg: Oct 28th 2006

Friday, April 20th 2007, 2:52pm

Maternity bra or nursing bra???

Was just wondering ladies if you could help me out please. I don't know the 1st thing about maternity and nursing bras but I think I am in need for a much more comfortable bra now and was wondering what the difference between the two are. I mean, I know the basic difference but was wondering, could a nursing bra be used as a maternity and a nursing bra?? Whereas a maternity bra is just a maternity bra... so if I intend on breast feeding, am I better off just getting some nursing bras instead and start wearing them now... or should I buy both? Thanks.

xxx

My beautiful baby son was born asleep at 19 weeks
7th October 2006 at 2.50 am
Love you!
xxx

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Friday, April 20th 2007, 2:59pm

well I bought a few maternity bras and they are a *bit* more comfortable than nursng bras, but not that much different

for the price of them I would buy nursing bras. only buy 3 now (one to wear, one in the wash, and yesterday's) as it is likely you will grow again (both in diameter around rib cage and in cup size) in your final trimester

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, April 20th 2007, 3:09pm

Mmm yes, I'm inclined to agree. There's not much difference, only a comfort factor but it's very likely you won't be in the same saze bras after birth as you are now.

Your bra size will continue to increase during pregnancy and then after pregnancy your rib size will probably go down whereas your cup size will go up. After a few months of feeding your bra size may return to what it is now but it's an awfully big IF.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other really. Nursing bras may come in handy afterwards if the size is right but maternity bras may come in handy in the future as sleep bras, sports bras when breastfeeding or just as comfy bras.

Great news about the scan btw thumbup

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, April 20th 2007, 4:09pm

I had a couple of sports bra's left over after my op, they offer more support and are more comfortable, they were only a couple of quid from primark :))

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

• "babypink" started this thread

Reg: Oct 28th 2006

Saturday, April 21st 2007, 1:51pm

Hmmmm... think I might try the sport bra thing and I might change the maternity bra I bought for a nursing bra... thanx for your help!

xxx

My beautiful baby son was born asleep at 19 weeks
7th October 2006 at 2.50 am
Love you!
xxx

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, April 21st 2007, 2:21pm

No problem :D

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Reg: Feb 13th 2006

Saturday, April 21st 2007, 5:55pm

all my nursing bras are too big now...I lost alot of the weight post pg quite quickly....I used M+S sports tops whilst pg...they were great..........I wait until post birth for feeding bras...buy one in the last few weeks to keep you going but be aware you can change size quite quickly