You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saz

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 8:16am

Thinking of you.

xx

Reg: May 7th 2011

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 8:32am

hi sharon hope everything is ok hun thinking off you xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "emmaxx" (Mar 3rd 2007, 8:32am)

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 8:43am

Sharon

Hoping eveything is oK -

K
DAD to twins

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 9:02am

sharon, hope you are ok hun xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 9:47am

Oh thanx guys

feel really guilty now, getting you all worried, sorry

Thank goodness, there was no need to go to hospital in the end,

I drank the cold water like bells said, but nothing happened,

dh put his ear to my tummy, and said he could hear baby swishing about,
but i wasnt convinced,
I was set for going to hospital this morning, but luckily through the night i got up for a wee, and when i returned to bed, i felt baby move, Big sigh of relief

Baby has moved a little this morning, but not much

been quite sick this morning too, maybe that is babys way of telling me he/she is ok

sorry again to worry you all

the worrying never stops
love sharon :xxx3:
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 9:49am

perhaps he/she is having a rest before growing !!!!

or waitng for the footie !

GLad to hear all ok -

K
DAD to twins

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 10:10am

Glad to hear you have felt babe move. Another thing i was told to do was have some choccy!!! Or a cool shower. Might help for in the future. xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Reg: Feb 13th 2006

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 12:19pm

yes sweetheart...eating something high in sugar is really good...gives them a sugar rush and they start bouncing everywhere.....count moves in morn and eve and if you havent felt for a bit have somethig sugary and bubs will hopefully oblige...glad everything is ok...............never worry about getting us all worried....just keep us informed...we will always help as much as we can

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tinkerbell" (Mar 3rd 2007, 12:21pm)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 12:32pm

SOOOOO relieved Sharon!!!! Give that baby a poke from the FZ Aunties :D

Saz

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 12:34pm

Glad all is well Sharon

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 1:47pm

Hi sharon- glad things are ok now, but i would still keep an eye on it. If the movements really are showing any change in their normal patterns then i would encorage you to go straight to the labour ward- don;t wait until monday. The chances are everhting is abolutely fine, but please don;t wait if you are worried chick, no-one is gonna think you're waisting their time, trust me.
x

Reg: May 7th 2011

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 3:04pm

glad everything is ok hun

Missy

Superstar

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 7:09pm

Sharon, if your babys movements have changed pattern and you have been sick hun, please please get yourself to the labour ward and get checked out. They see these things all the time, and would rather hook you up to a monitor for a while for peace of mind than miss something that could be important. I do not mean to worry you hun, and I am in no way implying that there is something wrong, but really your babys health (and our sanity!) are priority no.1!!

How much is bubs moving about now? And how are you feeling in yourself now sweetheart?

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 8:07pm

i think it is best to go to the hospital to have a 20 min trace of the baby heartbeat.

i had that problem when i was pregnant,didnt felt the baby move for a day, went to the labour ward and they did a trace of the baby heartbeat and she was perfectly fine, it was just me not feeling her movement as she had moved to my back.

• "Flowertot" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 8:44pm

I didn't feel Ella move every single day.
Jen

Ella Louise Born Tuesday 12 September at 11.48pm weighing 6lb 14oz

Mum to a 2 year old little princess born after 2 rounds of IUI.

(Previously ZooKeeper/Twinkle Fairy/Fairy Girl/)

Missy

Superstar

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 8:58pm

It is usually 10 movements in 24 hours hun :))

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

• "Flowertot" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 9:00pm

I never had that many
Jen

Ella Louise Born Tuesday 12 September at 11.48pm weighing 6lb 14oz

Mum to a 2 year old little princess born after 2 rounds of IUI.

(Previously ZooKeeper/Twinkle Fairy/Fairy Girl/)

Missy

Superstar

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 9:04pm

There is more than often a very good reason for not feeling baby move though, for instance when baby has shifted position to a place where there aren't many nerve endings (ie facing your back) an anterior placenta (where the placenta cushions the movements) or simply a lazy baby.. :rolleyes: ;)

really, I am not trying to scare anybody, but in any instance where a mum has noticed a distinct slowing down/ loss of movements, I would advise getting a trace done.

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Saturday, March 3rd 2007, 9:27pm

A baby should be felt 10 times in 24 hours. If not you need to be seen. If it is happening regularly then i'm sure the midwives would advice something BUT, if baby has decreased movements than normal you defo need to go to mat ward. xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Sunday, March 4th 2007, 10:23am

AWWW

What would i do without you lot,

It is so reasuring to have you all looking after me,

Baby seems back to its normal self, wiggling and giving good punches, I think maybe it was playing hide and seek in my back, as i had terrible back ache all weekend

Thank you all, you have given me some really good advice

love sharon :xxx3:
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Sunday, March 4th 2007, 11:13am

hmmm - when I was at your stage and I was worried I used to take a really ice-cold can of coca-cola to drink just to wake up the baby! :rolleyes:

Missy

Superstar

Sunday, March 4th 2007, 12:58pm

Thank goodness for that hun!! But if it happens again please get along to the labour ward.. :))

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Sunday, March 4th 2007, 1:20pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don;t ignore any reduction or change in babies movements. 99% of the time baby has either been facing the other way, asleep, or you've just not noticed the movements, BUT fetal movements are one of the best signs of fetal wellbeing so PLEASE monitor carefully and get checked out as soon as you are worried.

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Sunday, March 4th 2007, 9:22pm

Glad all is ok hun. I had this a few times too and still panic now if I dont feel him as much. The midwiges are great though and would much prefer you go and get checked than you worry about it. Remember if you are stressed then baby is stressed so just get yourself checked if you feel worried again!! xxxxxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 5:13pm

Waiting for baby to kick - should I be worried ??

Hi

I'm 19 + 1 today and I'm still waiting to feel my little one kick. Should I be worried ?

I've been getting what I can only describe as a 'pulse' feeling in my tummy for 2 weeks now, although I don't think I've had that today.

I'm starting to fret and wondered if everything was ok.

HELP !!!!

C

xxxxx

cookie

Superstar

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 5:26pm

hun, if it is your first child it could be a few weeks yet before you feel baby move.
i felt spud move at about 20 weeks, and i have a friend who is pg with her 2nd child and is 23 weeks and is yet to feel this baby move yet....alot of it can be to do with where the placenta is...there are no nerve endings in the placenta so if bubs is kicking that and not you then you wont feel it just yet....it doesnt mean baby isnt kicking tho...

have you been to see your m/w???

i remember hearing spud kick on the doppler when she listened to his heart beat... it was like a wooshing noise...maybe that would put your mind at ease??

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 5:29pm

Hi, CSam
I have a friend who rushed off to the doctor's at 26 weeks as she still had not felt her baby move. He did a scan and while he was busy he asked her if she could feel "that". She had no idea what he was talking about as she was still feeling nothing so he told her to look at her belly. It was heaving from side to side and she couldn't feel a thing. Up to the day she delivered she only felt her son's movement if she had her hand on her belly. The point of telling you this is that some women just don't feel their babies move.
At 19 weeks I felt C, but it was a very gentle tap and I only felt it once every few days so I don't think that your exerience is unusual. Baby's movements will get stronger and you, too, will one day have such vigorous activity that you will be able to see your little one moving...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Rufus

Star

Children: One son, aged 8, daughter 1

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 5:35pm

I think I was around 20 weeks before I felt movement with ds, and then it never stopped!!!! If you are concerned, sontact midwife. DO you have 20 week scan soon? Lesa x
Keep smiling :happy:

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 5:38pm

Thanks Willow and Rene

I thought I might phone the midwife tomorrow but TBH they've always been so unhelpful in the past. I think they just think " first time mum stresssing". Where as if they just took 5 minutes out to reassure me it would save days of worrying.

I have a scan next week but was hoping I could go to the scan feeling reassured that all was ok as I would be feeling baby by then. (which of course I might be by then). I think if I phone the midwife I'll come off the phone in tears. However this much stressing is also as upsetting. :headache

Is so hard isn't it ?

C

xxxxx

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 5:39pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rufus
I think I was around 20 weeks before I felt movement with ds, and then it never stopped!!!! If you are concerned, sontact midwife. DO you have 20 week scan soon? Lesa x

Hi Lesa

Scan is next Wednesday. I hear so many stories about people feeling baby early that I've started to really worry.

xxxx

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 5:48pm

big :hugs: csam, it is stressful isn't it?

my mw told me you may not feel regular movements until 22-24 weeks, especially it seems with the first.

I won't tell you not to worry, cos as we know we are both worriers by nature, and being told to stop worrying doesnt help does it?!!!!!!

<

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 5:51pm

Hi Laura

Hope you are ok. I just know the midwife will say "don't worry" and I'll be like :scream: if it were that easy I wouldn't be stressing in the first place !!!

xxxxx

cookie

Superstar

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 5:54pm

could you just phone and make an appointment with her and not chat on the phone??

this is my second time and i am more nervous this time than when i was having spud so i never go indepth on the phone i always book an appointment and see my m/w face to face....that way she should see how stressed you are and reassure you....

love k xxx

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 6:01pm

Csam, when you say that you haven't felt the baby 'kick' do you mean that you haven't felt any movements at all or that you haven't felt any actual 'kicks'? That sounds ridiculous given the title of this thread but bear with me.

We so often hear people talking about 'kicks' and many women don't realise that they're already feeling their baby because they expect defined movements. The first movements feel very much like wind. Think of those mornings when you've had a big meal the night before and you wake up with a gurgly windy tummy thing going on. That feels almost identical to the first movements of a baby.

It can be much much later when you feel definate and palpable 'kicks' so the next time you're in the bath or lying quietly on your bed, see if you can feel the faintest of bubbles low down in your tummy. It may only last a split second and you may just feel like you need to pass wind but these very small undefined feelings are often your baby.

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 6:11pm

Hi Bells

I first started getting a pulse like feeling 2 weeks ago. This will sound odd but you know when you get a tick in your eye sometimes when it just spasm's (sp) on it's own, a bit like that but in my tummy. Some days it feels stronger than others but I'm not sure I've had anything today.......

I don't think I've ever had trapped wind before ?( so I can only describe this feeling as unique and was hoping it was baby. However after 2 weeks I thought it would get more prominant IYKWIM

Does that make sense ?

xxxxxxxxxx

cookie

Superstar

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 6:13pm

sounds like when spud used to have hiccups :D

is it like a rhythmic tapping???

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 6:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by willow
sounds like when spud used to have hiccups :D

is it like a rhythmic tapping???

Hmm, no not really. More like somthing small popping IYKWIM

I will phone the midwife tomorrow, I have nothing to lose except my sanity :D

I think I said my scan was next wednesday but i meant a week on Wednesday, that's too long to keep stressing.

xxxxx

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 6:19pm

It does sound like hiccups :D Do the pulses last for a short while like the hiccups you have?

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 6:22pm

C ... I would say the 'tic' feeling is baby. That's how I would describe the early movements I had with T and these 2 ...

Sometimes they feel like that even now ... maybe these are kicks through the placenta?

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 6:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Bells
It does sound like hiccups :D Do the pulses last for a short while like the hiccups you have?

Yes, a really short time. Sometimes maybe only 3 little pulses every now and then - say no more than 3 times a day. One day it happened twice. I wouldn't say it took my breath away as such but I really felt something.

Have been laying down lots today as it's the first day I've not felt anything. Would it be better to drink something fizzy or something else ?

xxxxx

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 6:25pm

Yup sounds like hiccups to me CSam. I've just had my third baby and I only felt her move around 19 - 20 weeks and that was only a hiccupy sensation for a while. The other two I felt a lot earlier - everyone is different, so don't worry hun x
LR
Me 32, hypothyroid,
I have 2 beautiful boys 8 & 6, and one beautiful girl
1st ICSI - 15 eggs - Oct 05 - BFN
2nd ICSI - 22 eggs - egg sharer -Feb 2006 - BFN
I'm a single parent.

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 6:26pm

Quoted

Originally posted by KIRSTY G
C ... I would say the 'tic' feeling is baby. That's how I would describe the early movements I had with T and these 2 ...

Sometimes they feel like that even now ... maybe these are kicks through the placenta?

Hope so Kirsty ! Was it long after you got that feeling that you could really say it was a kick ? I know everyone is different and I should really stop comparing but I just hoped the kicks would come soon.

xxxxx

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 6:27pm

It certainly sounds to me like you're feeling your baby moving in there. Try a very cold drink, a brisk walk and then lie down and see if you can feel something. Some bebies react to the noise a fizzy drink produces so that's perhaps worth a try.

I think these 'pulses' are your baby moving about. Don't forget that s/he's surrounded by fluid which absorb his/her movements so you only feel it when s/he makes contact with your womb.

I'm confident that these feelings you're experiencing are your baby moving.

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 6:31pm

Quoted

Originally posted by csam

Quoted

Originally posted by KIRSTY G

Hope so Kirsty ! Was it long after you got that feeling that you could really say it was a kick ? I know everyone is different and I should really stop comparing but I just hoped the kicks would come soon.

xxxxx

Absolutely ages ... The true 'kicking' only really started about 23/24 weeks maybe ... up untill then it's the 'tic' feeling you describe or bubbles popping but it get's a little stronger over the weeks until it feels like a kick.

I've never really found the cold drink thing works for me, so don't panic if it doesn't, I usually have to have a bit of a prod at my belly for them to start moving ...

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 6:51pm

Gosh that long !!! Well I will try my hardest to relax (yeah right) but it's useful to know you had a long wait before you felt proper kicks.

I want to feel them now though ! humph

xxxxxxxxxxx

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 7:00pm

I agree that those little pulses are most likely your little baby moving around or hiccoughing.
I first fell real defined movement from C at about 21 or 22 weeks

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 7:06pm

Thanks Rene

I can't seem to feel the pulses today though ?(

I'm sitting on my bum doing nothing all evening so hopefully baby will wake up for me and give me a lovely 'pulse', it's such a lovely feeling that experiencing the first proper kick must take your breath away.

I will be 21 weeks after my scan so hopefully I'll know that everything is ok and then have kicks to look forward to ( although secretly hoping I feel them sooner) !

xxxx

Binky

Star

Reg: Aug 27th 2006

Children: 1 beautiful Little Girl with help from clomid.

Monday, June 4th 2007, 12:15am

Like the others have said, I also agree that it is your LO moving, it could be down to the position of your placenta as to why you feel the tic sometimes and not others.

I did have 'movement' early 15wks and I am a big girl, big girls normally feel these movements later, I mention this as I don't know if your large or not. What I am trying to say everyone is different as every pregnancy is different. I could feel L moving then it would stop for days in the early weeks then it gradually got more distinctive.

The funny thing is, is I know now what people meant by it feels like wind moving as sometimes I would swear I was PG but its just wind, they do feel alike.

I wish there was a proceedure for women like ourselves to have an extra point of contact when PG as we do worry more in my opinion. But in my case my worry never left me I worried from me testing positive all the way through and now my worry has changed to worry about L iykwim.

Try to relax as best you can.

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Monday, June 4th 2007, 9:04am

Hi sweetie,
Looks like the prayers aren't working then! I'm in the same boat, if i lie on my side and roll over a bit -to squash the poor little mites, I'm occasionally rewarded with a tiny tap - but not always. I would love to feel something more substantial too. Our scans next week will reasure us I know but I completely understand your worry & frustration!

xxx
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Monday, June 4th 2007, 9:17am

Hi Hunni

Def your LO kicking hunni - mine was a gentle tapping, then bubbly and weeks later I had a full on kick - it gets more violent and now baby has taken to moving about more, rather than kicking.
My friend is 23 weeks and her 6th baby and hasn't felt anything - turns out the baby is facing inwards so all kicking is so far inside she can't feel it.

Go see the midwife chicks, she'll listen to the heartbeat to reassure you, but in a few weeks you'll be wondering why you were worried.

Caz xxx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE