You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 3:48pm

Have the same problem with my Sam, he is like a twig!! :D

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 6:50pm

Chilli

I get that pins and needles thing on hips and down side of thigh when I lay on my side. It happens either side. Its happening when i sit too now that I am back at work.

What sort of movement should I feel from baby now at almost 20 weeks???

Chilli

Megastar

• "Chilli" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 7:20pm

I know the pins and needles thing is really annoying I did go for a long walk today which has helped.

As for movement I didn't get anything poss till bout 21wks but I did have the odd twinge, hard to discribe just a little nudge, like popping or someone flicking you from inside?!?

have you not felt anything yet then Vicki or are you unsure?

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 8:40pm

Vicki, you will still only get flutterings, sometimes mistakable for wind.. one day soon I promise you will get one so hard it takes your breath away!! Have you seen your mw lately hun? Has she let you have a listen to the hb yet?? How are you doing?? 8)

xxxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Saz

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 8:03am

Well, this one didn't move yesterday. I wasn't worried cause I know it can happen, but still had a bath etc to see if that would get her moving. DH was working until late last night so he didn't get in until 9.30pm. Within 10 minutes of him getting home, she was kicking like a good 'un!!!!!!!! I think she know his voice!! DH even felt a couple of them!!

Missy

Superstar

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 9:35am

Saz, mine does it too when Sam gets home!! I think I'm having a daddy's girl, I'm not going to get a look in am I??!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 9:44am

Apparently Saz at this stage they can hear deeper voices easier so they will know daddies from very early on.

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 10:34am

Jason has started reading Meg & Mog stories to her and we've been getting some definite reactions. We read that if they regularly hear the same story before birth, later in life it will make them relax if they hear it again! I'll let you know in three years or so lol!

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 10:38am

I talk in a deep voice to my baby so they can hear me! I will look forward to that Bec in 3 years!

Missy

Superstar

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 10:40am

I tracked down a book that I had as a child, and it was the only book to get me to sleep. Its the going to bed book by Sandra ? (I just forgot her name!!) Its a rhyming book about animals on a boat getting ready for bed!! I didn't buy it though as I didn't want to tempt fate, but this Christmas under the tree there was a parcel 'for bump', my mum had bought it for her!! So I read this to her at night time, the only thing is she gets excited when I read it, rather than chilling and going to sleep!! :D

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Rivka

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 10:40am

I've also been dancing a lot to the radio which she seems to like, I'm trying to teach her an appreciation of Soul and Motown ha ha.

Saz

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 10:45am

I think I will get a Daddy'd girl too!!! She will probably be able to warp DH round her little finger within weeks!! He reckons not!! mmmm....... we will see! :D

Rivka

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 10:49am

Gawd jason is going to be such a soft dad even though he reckons not. I can twist him round my finger so I'm betting a cute little girl will have even more power! Am I going to have to be tough mummy?

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 12:15pm

We have had the "who's gong to be good cop bad cop" conversation! I reckon I will be bad cop and DH good cop he is a push over with both our neices my nephew is too young to try any pushing yet but I am betting because he is a boy and DH will beable to play boys stuff he will soon have DH wrapped round his finger!

Rivka

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 12:18pm

i'd bet that 9 times out of 10 mum is the bad cop to some extent. boo! funny to think our bumps are going to be actual people with opinions and everything, imagine that!

Saz

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 2:37pm

I think it will depend with us. DH will probably be able to firmer than me in some things and vice versa!! I think we will deal with as and when we need to!!! :D

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 6:06pm

Hi girls

I think I have felt it. I am pretty sure I have, its more recently felt like bubbles popping inside, not tiny ones, or like you say, someone flicking from inside. Mainly around 7.00am, although I felt it again about 7pm yesterday evening. I just dont know for sure if it is it, I cant compare it as not been preggers before, but I hvae never felt that feeling before so assume it is the baby.

I heard the heartbeat a few weeks ago at my last antenatal appt. Got another appt on 2nd Feb but got my anomoly scan tomorrow so hope to god to see that all is ok then.

I am getting bigger so assume all is well, will just wait for more prominent movement as the next couple of weeks pass. Its just reassurance when you feel it isnt it.

Missy

Superstar

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 6:10pm

Hope all is good for tomorrow hun, are you finding out the sex??

What you've described certainly sounds like movement...as I said in another post women might all have exactly the same feeling, but describe it differently.. how do we know how anything feels? we only have another persons description to go on!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 6:19pm

Vicki - def sounds like baby - and as you say you've nothing to compare it to but within the next few weeks you'll know that was def. what you felt. It will then start to feel like someone is flicking their finger on your arm - but obviously your belly!!!!! and then !!!!!!!!

Good luck for tomorrow - what time is it? I'm def still guessing girl - although given that I was sure take no notice of me - must be a boy!!!

Will log on at work to catch your post

ELaine
x
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 7:25pm

I am sure it's the baby you have felt Vicki everything is a worry is't it? This stage is much better though because the movement is reassuring, at the early stages you have no idea unless you hear the HB, I am suprised i am not quivering in the corner the amount of stress I have out myself through!

Thursday, January 19th 2006, 10:22pm

Thanks girls. Yes we do hope to find out the sex of him/her, fingers crossed.

Scan is 11.45am so will be on in the afternoon to let you know.

Saz

Friday, January 20th 2006, 7:48am

I also think its the baby moving Vicki!!!!!!

Good luck for the scan hun!!

Rivka

Friday, January 20th 2006, 8:26am

Definitely sounds like your baby fidgetting and the times you feel it are similar to the ones I first had. Its so reassuring. Good luck with the scan, can't wait to hear if its a boy or a girl, unless it turns shy of course and won't show!

Friday, January 20th 2006, 3:02pm

Baby was moving lots this morning before and during the scan, the nurse even felt it kick through the thing she was using for the scan, luckily as she was moving lots we got a few good opportunities in the end to find out the sex.

I cant wait now till she is born. I am looking forward to more prominent movement now that I know all is well.

Saz

Friday, January 20th 2006, 6:11pm

Fantastic Vicki!!!! We can swap girlie tips for them!!!!!

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 24th 2006, 7:59pm

I have had loads of movement in my rib cage today. I was at the hair dressers and had to walk about because I couldn't sit down i felt like I was leaning on the babys head! At one stage I could swear the baby was playing with my ribs or kicking them really weird feeling.

Tuesday, January 24th 2006, 9:11pm

I am getting lots more movement now, I dont know if its cos I saw the scan and could see and feel baby moving or what. But its brilliant. I love it and look forward to proper kicks.

Hope everyone is well x x x

Saz

Wednesday, January 25th 2006, 7:57am

This one has been really active the last couple of days. I was laid last night with my hand on my belly and felt was an arm or a leg move really low down!!!! That was such a weird feeling, but fantastic!!!!!!!

Wednesday, January 25th 2006, 8:36am

Saz

Where has time gone?

I found it really wierd when the baby decides to do a full turn from one side to the other. It's almost like when you drive over a hump-back-bridge and your belly goes all funny, LOL

I'm really excited for you xx
LR
Me 32, hypothyroid,
I have 2 beautiful boys 8 & 6, and one beautiful girl
1st ICSI - 15 eggs - Oct 05 - BFN
2nd ICSI - 22 eggs - egg sharer -Feb 2006 - BFN
I'm a single parent.

Rivka

Wednesday, January 25th 2006, 8:40am

This one never seems ot stop of late which is just lovely, if a little freaky. I can't believe how the time flies by - they will all be here in no time at all!

Saz, when do you start maternity leave? we should get together for a spot of baby shopping or something!

Saz

Wednesday, January 25th 2006, 11:11am

Thanks Lis!!!

I am really rooting for you for this cycle hun!! You go girl!!!!

Shopping sounds goodBec. I'm not actually going on leave until end of April, but we could even meet up with our little ones after they arrive!!

Rivka

Wednesday, January 25th 2006, 12:13pm

Def! I'm on leave from 13th April so after that am good to go. we can sort it out closer the time! Anybody else who wants to come along is welcome of course :]

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rivka" (Jan 25th 2006, 12:14pm)

Saz

Wednesday, January 25th 2006, 12:55pm

Easy for me too as I drive and have my own car, so even if I am the size of a house, or little one has arrived, its not too difficult!!! Also, trains for me are not too bad!! Depends were we end up

Rivka

Wednesday, January 25th 2006, 1:01pm

I don't drive so will be on the train with bump or babe. Whats your due date?

Saz

Wednesday, January 25th 2006, 3:53pm

May 15th. Yours will be 24th then?? We will definately arrange something tho!!!!

Rivka

Wednesday, January 25th 2006, 5:04pm

Cool.

Rivka

Thursday, January 26th 2006, 1:27pm

I've got a dreadful cold and it seems to be affecting my breathing. The baby hasn't moved much at all today, is it possible these things are connected? its so hard not to worry.

Thursday, January 26th 2006, 2:06pm

Bec
my baby moves loads and I worry it is moving too much, what about the cord I think - it must be getting wrapped around it by now. Then I usually have a couple of days when it doesn't seem to do much at all - then I worry like mad about that! The general advice appears to be look for 10 movements by 6pm - although I was told not to worry until 28 weeks, not sure if others have been told this too? up until then I used to have loads of quiet periods - over the last couple of weeks or so this baby seems to be quite active so I haven't had too many anxious hours. When I was really ill with shingles the baby didn't seem bothered at all! it was jumping about like a mad thing completely oblivious to how miserable I was feeling! they are so well cocooned in there, thank goodness!

Rivka

Thursday, January 26th 2006, 2:16pm

thanks for the reassurance. She usually gets quite jiggy at specific times of the day but over the last few days her movements have felt weak and far between and today there has been hardly anything. My bump seems to have changed shape too, not sticking out so much - maybe she's found a more comfortable position?

Saz

Thursday, January 26th 2006, 2:29pm

She may have moved back, which means you won't feel movements as much. Mine does the same every couple of days, then she will come forward again and give a good thwack to let me know she is still around.

Rivka

Thursday, January 26th 2006, 2:32pm

its frightening isn't it :(

Saz

Thursday, January 26th 2006, 2:54pm

It is, but also normal. Try now to fret too much hun, it will only make things worse. She will be fine. They sometimes go through quieter periods because they are tired.

Rivka

Thursday, January 26th 2006, 3:04pm

I suppose its busy work. must try not to be a fretting mother otherwise there is no hope for me once she arrives.

My friend just wheeled her new born boy in to show him off round the office. I nearly wet myself with excitement. I am really looking forward to meeting my girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saz

Thursday, January 26th 2006, 3:21pm

I know the feeling!!!! Its like when we are looking at little clothes for her, one or the other of us will always say, ''we will have a little girl to wear clothes like that soon!!''

Rivka

Thursday, January 26th 2006, 3:31pm

Its a lovely feeling, actually that doesn't do it justice but you know what i mean! we are really looking forward to going out for a walk as a family, its just the simple things isn't it... going down the park and so. '

watching coronation street last night was funny cos of the rosie webster story (i don't know if you watch it). jason was "it must be hard having a daughter, but you've just got to trust them to stay safe" bless him he's starting to think like a parent. lets see if he's still so reasonable when our girl is 15 and a boy magnet lol!

Saz

Thursday, January 26th 2006, 3:42pm

I know!!! DH has already said he is going to vet all her boyfriends!!!!! Like you tho, we are looking forwardb to doing the simple little family things. We are both massive Rhino's fans and so looking forward to taking her to her first game!!!

Monday, January 30th 2006, 6:03pm

My God, I have loads of movement today, its feeling really strange like lots of big bubbles popping inside.

Sorry DH is away so I cant talk to him till later, I been home all day no one to chat to so just telling you lot.

Saz

Monday, January 30th 2006, 6:13pm

You enjoy it hun!!!! You will obviously start to feel it more now she is growing!!!!! I still love feeling her kick, even if it does get a bit uncomfortable at times, it is worth it!!!!!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Tuesday, June 13th 2006, 1:30pm

Getting Worried

I'm now 22 weeks pregnant and I'm still not feeling much in the way of baby movements. I get little flutters which I'm not convinced aren't just wind, but they disappear before I'm sure I've really felt them. At what point do I need to get on to the midwife about it?

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Tuesday, June 13th 2006, 1:33pm

I get flutters as well as big kicks. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes though.

You could always give her a call anyway for some advice.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE