You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 6:58pm

Hey there

I started to feel little ticks and pulses around 16 weeks and could actually see movements at about 24 weeks. To begin with the pulses happened so fast that I couldn't work out if I'd actually felt them or not which is probably what your thinking right now!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

landi

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 7:01pm

I felt mine kick at 19 weeks. But they say anywhere between 16 - 21 weeks, so don;t worry coz you've got plenty of time yet.
I would describe them as more of a twitch in your tummy ratrher that a flutter or bubble feeling.
It'll happen hun it just takes time.
xx

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 7:19pm

If you look at the bottom of the page, there are a couple of threads where ladies are waiting to feel their babies.

This one is written by Mrs Jasper and I can safely say that this particular baby is now a fit, healthy little girl

Click

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 7:54pm

What you think are movements and then thinking 'probably not' could well be your babies wiggling around! The term 'kicking' is very misleading when you first feel them. Its more of a flicker, a pulse or a little ripple than a 'hello Mum' kick your ribs effort! And that's very easy to dismiss as wind or nothing at all!

Wait a few weeks and you'll be feeling them, and seeing your tummy move as an arm or elbow or foot pokes out!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 7:42pm

I was on the bus yesterday and felt a distinctive flick from the inside from Twinnie 2's side, which I am sure is from the baby as it was right in the middle - nowhere near my stomach or my guts. It made me feel really warm and fuzzy inside!!! Since then, I've felt a couple more similar flicks, but nothing from Twinnie 1's side. That's surprising as Twinnie 1 is usually the more active one from scans, but maybe he/she's in a different position so it's not so obvious. That was at 16 weeks exactly....
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

2mums

Star

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Friday, February 26th 2010, 10:23am

I'm interested to know this too, I'm longing to feel some movement but will be a while yet for me as I'm only 15+3. Don't worry, it sounds as though it's different for everyone. I've read that you feel it later if it's your first baby - perhaps because if you've already had a child you recognise it earlier and know what to look for? My friend didn't feel movement until about 24 weeks with her first baby. Sure it won't be too long before you're being poked, prodded and kicked :happy:

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

Indiechick

Superstar

Friday, February 26th 2010, 10:57am

It can also depend on the position of the baby and the position of the placenta. One of mine had an anterior placenta, he was also breech and facing my back and so I rarely felt him. The other was transverse across the others head, and with a posterior placenta and I felt him constantly!!! :happy:

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Otis and Ava, July 2010 following successful FERC

Tuesday, March 9th 2010, 6:43pm

Well I had my scan yesterday and got all the answers I needed. Both of the placentas are anterior (ie at the front) so they are kicking the placenta as opposed to me. The twins are laid exactly the same as IndieChick one is head down but facing into me and the other is lying across so I think the funny tingley feelings are likely to me being kicked. The consultant said not to work about it because of the position of the placenta. Additionally having watched the scan yesterday I'm not feeling much kicking from Twin 2 becuase they seem to be kicking their brother/sister in the face, oh what a little charmer.

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

Indiechick

Superstar

Tuesday, March 9th 2010, 6:47pm

Glad to hear all is well, aww bless kicking each other already . . . . so kind! Didi you find out the sexes? x

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Tuesday, March 9th 2010, 8:22pm

Aww pushoz - kicking each other already!! Good that everything's going well and you're protected from the kicking by the placenta!!

I finally felt Twinnie 1 (on my right) kicking me today - I think s/he is the one with an anterior placenta, so I hadn't had anything from him/her up til now. It was going a bit nuts booting me in the side - probably reacting to the chocolate croissant I'd just eaten, but not sure if s/he liked it or disliked it. :P
Twinnie 2 is closer to the surface and a bit further up so I've felt him/her a few times up to now. The biggest reaction I had was when s/he booted me in the stomach and I got that feeling when you go over a hill at speed. I looked up from my desk at work and my colleague asked me why I looked so shocked!! :snigger:

Can't wait to see them again - week and a half to go....
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

Reg: Dec 21st 2008

Tuesday, March 30th 2010, 11:25am

So glad everything is fine and you have had your mind put at rest. Can't believe they are kicking each other :snigger: I only felt my first 'kick' a week ago at 22 weeks and was also getting a bit worried - getting constant kicks now though! :)

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Wednesday, March 31st 2010, 1:04pm

I had been feeling movements for about 2 weeks - but that stopped about 5 days ago. Only the very odd movement now. Tried drinking ice cold water etc but it makes no difference.

I think everything is okay - just suspect that Bubba is in a different position now so I only feel weaker and less frequent movement.

Going to the GP this evening as I rang this morning to ask and she wants to put some sort of "machine" on me. I assume it is just a fetal dobbler to check the heart beat is there.
Apr '09 - Lap & Dye (I blocked tube - adhesions removed from other)
July '09 :BFP:
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Oct '09 :BFP:
Bubba is a little girl!

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Otis and Ava, July 2010 following successful FERC

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 2:29pm

Wishdust hope evrything went well at the doctors yesterday and the LO is just un a difficult position.

Pushoz
Pushoz
1st ICSI July 09- BFN

FET Oct/Nov - BFP

It's Twins!!!!!

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 2:53pm

Hi, yep, everything was grand - strong heartbeat there and the GP reckons its just tired at the moment and facing a different direction. A lot more active today though - maybe because its the weekend coming up!

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Sunday, July 18th 2010, 9:26pm

How soon can you feel the baby move?

Hi,

I was just wondering if you could share your experiences of your first feelings of movement with baby.

I'm almost 14 weeks pregnant and for the past few days on and off, I've had strange feelings at the top of my uterus/lower belly. At the start, I though it was just .... well, I didn't know what it was as I'd never felt anything like it before. The best way I could describe it was like a little spider walking inside my belly....

Is it too early to be Deelet? Or is she just an early kicker??

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Children: Lemmy - 2008 and Diddy - 2010

Sunday, July 18th 2010, 9:35pm

Hiya Deedee. I felt my DS at around 14 weeks pg but mostly when I had been sitting down all day - as if he was saying - 'oi - give me some room!' lol

This time I didn't really feel any definate movements until about 15 1/2 weeks but had some 'butterflies' at around 13 weeks. I think I was expecting to feel baby move earlier this time so was tense constantly. If you feel when you are relaxing etc then I would say it possibly is bubba having a wriggle.:happy:

RosB

Ace

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: Twin boys conceived on 3rd ICSI attempt

Monday, July 19th 2010, 4:10pm

Hey Deedee - I felt my LOs move for the first time around the same time as you (14 weeks). It felt a bit like butterflies in your stomach or air bubbles popping. I have felt them loads ever since!

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Monday, July 19th 2010, 4:46pm

Thanks Ros and MSH,

It must have been deelet, how exciting. I felt it every so often for about 2 days and now nothing for the last 3 days. Is this normal? I mentioned to a friend and she said that she had the same - flutterings at 14 weeks then nothing until about 18 weeks. She thought that the feeling was dependant on whwre the baby was positioned - that if her legs/arms were close to the front then you'd feel it. Hope thats right, otherwise something else to worry about.....

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Children: Lemmy - 2008 and Diddy - 2010

Tuesday, July 20th 2010, 11:10am

Defo nothing to worry about - it is to do with the position of the baby AND the position of the placenta. If the baby kicks out at the placenta it's likely you wont feel it. If in doubt - a quick pop into your local midwife drop in centre and they'll happily let you hear baby with their doppler thingymajig!! (very technical i know! lol)

Some days I feel loads, then the next nothing - it also depends on how tense you are - if you are constanly waiting to feel you most likely wont.

Hope thats some reassurance XxXx

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, July 20th 2010, 11:29am

Hiya,

I didn't feel anything, not a thing till 20 weeks! Then I had massive kicks till 29 weeks and then nothing!!

They sure like to cause us worry these babies!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 3:18pm

16 weeks - feeling movement?

So I'm 16 weeks along today and I've started feeling movements - I had a scan this morning and mentioned it to the sonographer but she seemed surprised at this (as it is my first and it's still early days). She suggested it was wind but I really don't think it is because its right at the front - pelvic area rather than anywhere near gut. I usually feel it when I get into bed and am lying flat on my back - we've even seen one side of my abdomen rise as I've felt this movement so we're convinced that it's baby and not wind! It's a strange feeling and almost as if a wave is moving from the middle of my abdomen to the other side. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? Also today the baby was facing downwards so wonder if this is anything to do with it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "KayJay" (Nov 27th 2010, 3:19pm)

FC79

Ace

Reg: May 19th 2009

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 6:48pm

Hi Kayjay, glad to hear things are going well for you. I am 15 weeks and convinced I have been feeling movements for the past couple of weeks. The last few days has been much stronger. Its exactly as you say, when I lie in bed on my back and feels like a little fish flicking its tail or a buzzy fluttery movement. Last night it happened when I was drinking hot chocolate, think it liked it! Thursday really made me smile as it felt like a little poke on my right hand side, so I poked back and it poked again in the same place!

I know its the baby as I have never felt these feelings before, I think we know our bodies better than anyone so if you know its the baby then it must be, why would we have suddenly become so windy at bedtime?!!

Hope you are feeling well and everything else is going good too.

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 7:01pm

Thanks hun - your message was reassuring...I almost felt like telling the sonographer I know exactly what wind feels like since I've had so much of it since getting pg so know the difference but thought it was best not to!

Really pleased all is going well with you too hun x

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 7:12pm

I'm sure it is your baby having a wiggle, I remember feeling my son at 16 weeks, I was only 19/20 weeks and my DH could feel little kicks on my tum, it depends where the baby lies I think. I know other people that hardly ever felt movement because the way the baby lies. It's such a lovely feeling! Enjoy it, it is one of my most treasured memories xx

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 8:08pm

I felt tiny flutterings at 16 weeks but that is early. It was only at about 18 weeks that I was then sure what I had felt at 16 weeks was the baby.

There is no way you can see the baby at this stage, it is too low down in your body and far too small.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 8:59pm

I felt both of mine by this stage :)

It's perfectly normal to feel baby at 16 weeks and a little earlier and if you're on the slim side you could, I suppose, feel the odd tap through the skin on your tummy when you lie flat and are very still. I think that a visibly raised abdomen is unlikely to be your baby at this stage BUT that's not to say that you're not feeling your baby. However, if you're going to say that you're 4ft 11" and you weigh 7 stone then maybe you did see baby moving.

The difficulty with a first pregnancy is that you're just not sure. When people are pregnant with their second they can believe with much more ease that it's baby and not wind :D

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Monday, November 29th 2010, 11:11am

KayJay, I agree you're right that the feelings you've had are your baby! I was feeling flutterings at about 14/15 weeks and at first couldn't quite bring myself to believe they were the baby, as all the books say you don't feel your first LO until much further into pregnancy. But after a few days I just knew that's what it was - tiny little bubbly feelings which somehow felt very far away. Now I'm 23 weeks and the feelings have developed into full-on kicks which my DH can feel with his hand on my tummy. I know for sure now that those early feelings were baby, as the progression from flutters to kicks so clearly went with baby's gradual growth. So I say don't worry about the sonographer - just enjoy the little bubbles and twitches as a way of saying hello to your LO!

Bee x
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Monday, November 29th 2010, 11:55am

Hi and thanks all for your replies. I think I need to go with my gut instinct and like you say Bee enjoy the movement. I know for some it's difficult to believe that you can see the baby move at this stage but I can't think of any other explanation and the feeling of movement was so strong at the time that I really believe it was our LO. I'm not skinny but I am fairly slim so perhaps that's why I'm feeling more and saw the movement - it was in my pelvic area and it's happened a few times now (although not for a couple of days now). At first it goes quite firm and then feels like something is moving from one side to the other! When I had my 16 week scan the other day the sonographer said baby was facing down so I reckon that's a position where I feel more movement. Can't wait for the feelings to get stronger and more frequent smile2

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "KayJay" (Nov 29th 2010, 11:56am)

Reg: May 12th 2007

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 4:24pm

Hi Kayjay

I definately felt my babies that early too. I likened it to flutterings of a fish swimming about. Like you my belly also came out too. I'm having twins so all baby and not much else so I new it was them. The sensations do get really stronger and now my whole belly moves and you can see it moving with lumps sticking out everywhere seen as I have two in there. Enjoy it, those first signs of movement are the most precious!!!! xxxx

IUI-Mar07 / IVF-Jul07 / FET-Jan08 / IVF-May09 - ALL BFN
IVF-Jun10 - :BFP:

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 5:19pm

It completely sounds like you felt your baby. I first felt mine move at 15 weeks - I was lying on my tummy and I don't think she liked it!! I thought it was too early but when I spoke to my Mum about this she felt me move at 14 weeks so I can happen :)
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 9:32am

Movement

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether, at around 19 weeks, you feel allot of movement?

A week or 2 ago I was feeling lots going on in there but the last couple of days i've had hardly anything, am slightly worried and was just wondering what experiences others have had. I would have thought i'd have been feeling more movement now that LO is growing bigger (or am I wrong?).

I used my doppler this morning, just to have a check, and I heard movement and the hb but just think its a bit weird that I'm getting hardly anything during the day.

Let me know your thoughts people xxx I have my 20wk scan next Wed so I suppose I'll know for definite whats going on then x

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 9:37am

When I had little one I felt movements on and off till about 23/24 weeks and then felt them everyday.

If the babies h/b is strong then thats good news but talk through any worries with the mw- thats what they there for.x

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 11:52am

Thanks Gemma, I'm really emotional today, dont know whats wrong with me! Already had a couple of little cry's today!

We have community MW's that are only available at our GP's on a certain day of the week. Apart from that, I've got the number of the ones at the hospital but I dont know if I should call them for things like this or whether it should be the local one?!?!

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 12:03pm

if you worried hun call them- they will understand and give you some advice.

But if you can hear baby on doppler I would say everything is fine- just baby not facing right way to feel movement.x

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 12:05pm

I didn't feel my LO at all until 20 weeks. At this stage you won't be feeling too much simply because they are still small.

I didn't feel my LO during the day either.

Later on a they grow more you'll be able to feel more.

I wouldn't be worried at this stage. Some people don't feel anything until after 22 weeks.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 4:04pm

Hi Shelley,

Even now that I'm getting strong kicks and can see LO moving from the outside I still get the odd quiet day. I would say def speak to your midwife for reassurance if you can but try not to worry too much as it could be down to the position of your placenta, position of baby or perhaps baby is having a quiet lazy day. I understand the worry and was like you myself on the first quiet day but within 48 hours our LO let me know he/she was still there with the strongest kicks I'd ever felt.

Big hugs and hoping your midwife and/or LO reassure you soon xx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 5:00pm

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your advice/reassurance - LO has been moving about more this afternoon so i've felt a little better but will keep and eye on it and speak to the mw if I feel I need to.

Your all so lovely, thank you xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Wednesday, January 19th 2011, 6:01pm

Hope you don't mind me butting in but if you really are worried about lack of movement you should contact your midwife who should be able to put your mind at rest. I am sure everything is fine though.

A word of warning with the doppler - a few of the midwives I met said that once movement is felt then the doppler shouldn't really be used anymore. They told me that it is more important to monitor movements at this stage. They warned me against using the doppler to make sure baby is okay as they normally go much more on movement or lack of (hope that makes sense).

At just 21 weeks with Jessica I was feeling movements but not all the time and certainly not regularly, just every now and again. She was fine (apart from the obvious) so I really wouldn't be worrying too much but as I say, best to check with your midwife if you are concerned - they shouldn't mind at all!

Hope that helps.
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 20th 2011, 3:46pm

Hi Hayley - How are you? Sorry if this is a stupid/inappropriate question xx

I was thinking along the same lines as you with the doppler. I'm not depending on it and if I dont feel movement for a period of time again i'll definitely ring the mw - at the mo, all seems fine (although a little quiet). I will just use it now to listen in every now and again, want to try to record it soon if I can.

Thanks Hayley, wishing you all the best xxxxx :hugs:

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Thursday, January 20th 2011, 5:29pm

Hi Shelley, thought I'd add my two pence worth as well...the midwife I spoke to last week (as I had the same concern as you) said that at this stage (I was 19 weeks) it can be a bit hit and miss i.e. movements can be irregular.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 11:14am

No feelings/flutters or bubbles @ 19weeks and 3 days....

Hi all.
I'm 19 weeks and 3 days today but so far i've had no feelings that i could put down to been my baby moving. I'm getting a little worried because most people at this stage have felt something and i've felt absoloutely nothing yet. should i be worried? i tried to ring my MW today but she isn't contactable and i dont really want to bug the MW's at the hosp..... or should i??

i have my 20 week scan next thurs but it seems like a life time to wait and i just want to feel something from my baby to out my mind at rest. i have no idea where my placenta is so maybe it could be at the front. also i'm slim (well i was before i got pregnant) so i thought i'd feel something by now. i also heard her heartbeat 10 days ago by a MW so i know she was ok then and they didn't seem worried. but they did say to me i should start feeling her soon but i haven't.....

am i been silly and worrying unnecassarily?

thanks huns xxxx

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Reg: Jul 19th 2009

Children: Our daughter Lola

Tuesday, March 29th 2011, 1:08pm

Hi,

I have been feeling little taps and movements since about 16 weeks and they are starting to get a bit stronger. I feel them in my lower abdomen though, is this about right as to where the baby is positioned right now?

Thanks

blowkiss
Me: 26
DH: 43

1st ICSI - November 2010 :BFP: :happy:
Our beautiful baby girl born 24/08/2011, 8lbs.

Hazy

Ace

Reg: Sep 16th 2009

Children: One beautiful boy!

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 11:20am

Same here - since about 17 weeks and quite low down sometimes.
Mine seems to dislike waistbands - I get a lot more movement when there is pressure!
TTC for two years before referral
Lap 1: Sept 09 Found 6cm endometrioma and Stage IV endometriosis
Lap 2: Nov 09 Removed endo, adhesions, cysts and appendix (stuck to cyst!)
ICSI Dec 2010....BFP xfingers (hospitalised with sepsis at 6 weeks)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE