You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• "Chilli" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, January 3rd 2006, 10:48pm

SECOND TRI - Movements and kicks

When do you feel it the most?

I was sat in bed earlier and the baby didn't stop kicking, it is the first time I can honestly say he/she was properly kicking me, before I have thought maybe but tonight was amazing, DH could feel it to which was wonderful because I think it really hit home and he was grinning from ear to ear, I also think he was pretty scared of me jumping on him again so the grin could of been out of fear to be honest!

Anyway I had just eaten and I had a full bladder would that make he/she more lively? As when I have felt movement before it is usually after food or needing a wee! Anyone else?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Chilli" (Jan 3rd 2006, 10:49pm)

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Tuesday, January 3rd 2006, 10:50pm

I felt him more at night, and DP did the same thing when he first felt him!

I feel him most the time now!

Jessica x x

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 3rd 2006, 11:15pm

When I was about 30 weeks with my second......At about 11.15pm every night I would lie in bed and my stomach would do its own thing. It jumped, stretched, ballooned, went triangular, vibrated and shook. It actually hurt and left my ribs sore for a few minutes sometimes. It was like an earthquake in my tummy and was really really amazing, even having been pregnant before it was totally different from my first. She did it every night until she was born.

I actually looked at febrile convulsions as I was worried that baby was having a fit 8o

It was very comical, quite alarming and a little bit scary :D

She's two years old in a few weeks and she's still comical, alarming and a bit scary :rolleyes: :D

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 4th 2006, 9:25am

Aw Bells she sounds like my niece!

My baby seems to be more active at night and the kicking last night was just weird I couldn't believe DH could feel it well actually no i do believe it as it was quite hard!

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, January 4th 2006, 11:24am

She has a wriggle when I wake up in the morning, but her movements are strongest at night time after tea, I think they get an energy boost from the food!! Last night it was quite wierd, it seemed like she was waving as there was a lump protuding through my skin moving backwards and forwards!! I've never actually been able to tell what body part is sticking out though as she rolls over that often!!

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

pirhanachomp

Unregistered

Wednesday, January 4th 2006, 11:30am

Alex has been proper sticking his foot out all morning!! to the point where my bellys hurting that much when he does it!!

perhaps he's getting frustrated too?!?! ;)

mind you having this bad rash and everything feels ten times worse! ;(

Jessica x x

Saz

Wednesday, January 4th 2006, 2:41pm

Mainly at night when I am relaxed on the sofa. Have felt quite a bit of movement today tho!!

Wednesday, January 4th 2006, 4:03pm

Nothing for me yet. Think I felt a little flutter about 2-3 days ago but not really sure as have nothing to gauge it by. Cant wait though x

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Wednesday, January 4th 2006, 8:15pm

Def. more aware of movements at night when relaxing or in bed - although do still feel some movements during the day - I think we are all just more aware of movements at night because we are not doing anything else whereas during the day we are usually busy doing something.

Love it.

Elaine
x
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 11th 2006, 4:48pm

Had I scare which I know I totally over reacted to... I hadn't really felt my baby since yesterday morning and as he/she is usually and active little thing I started to worry, so my MW said it was perfectly normal at this stage but go to the maternity unit at the hospital and get checked out, about 10 minutes before my appointment I get "WHACK,WHACK,WHACK" in the lower part of my stomach right to the left I can only assume it's a boy like his father leave things till the last minute!!!!

I was obviously relieved but I felt such a fool, the MW there was lovely and said that whenever I feel fretful to just go in I told her I would rent a room as I am always fretful. She check the HB and straight away there it was loud and proud 120-130 bpm again a boy if you believe all you read, and she said it was a wonderful strong baby. I know she probably said that to make me feel better but I believe her anyway. :D

Wednesday, January 11th 2006, 4:52pm

that's a happy outcome :D

I will be a Mum!
TTC a few years.
12 months Clomid - BFN! Getting acupuncture/reflexology. Hypothyroid.
First IVF - put on hold Jan. 2006 due to thyroid problem
Young at heart 40 year old! [zx078]

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Wednesday, January 11th 2006, 4:55pm

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be reassured. I told you before I was crapping myself end of last week since everyone else on FZ at around the same stage as me had felt something but i didn't really think I was.

I'm still not getting a lot of movement but the scan yesterday explained all that as she's curled up in a tight little ball so I don't get any prods. Difficult not to worry but trying so hard not to!

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, January 11th 2006, 5:49pm

LOL, Chilli, I get the impression you think you're having a boy!! :D

I too was convinced that too, and the test that I did via old wives tales, said I was more likely to have a boy too-so be warned!!

Don't fret about going and getting checked out, thats why they have these clinics, but its better to be safe than sorry :D Glad all is ok, he was obviously just reserving his energy.. you wait til he's born!! He sounds like he's going to be a right handful!!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Saturday, January 14th 2006, 10:01pm

I really have convinced myself that I am having a boy Samd I don't know why I just do, but as I have said previously I am crap at guessing so I will be completely wrong no doubt!

Had loads of kicking today it is a little stronger now so it feels more reassuring.

Rivka

Sunday, January 15th 2006, 8:55am

Chilli, have you had your 20 week scan and chosen no tto find out or couldn't they see? or have you not had your scan yet?

Told our doula that i was worried the baby wasn't moving much and she said ten movements a day was good but that even if i feel it less thats fine cos it will do a lot while i'm asleep or moving around so won't notice it. was very reaasured by this!

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Sunday, January 15th 2006, 9:44am

They could see but I chose not to find out, now I am killing myself trying to guess! I think they like to know the baby has moved 10 times by the time you are 28wks.

Rivka

Sunday, January 15th 2006, 10:45am

Thats good to know, my midwife never told me anything like that, thank goodness for my doula! Are you glad you decided not to find out?

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Sunday, January 15th 2006, 10:57am

Yeah I am glad really it's nice to have a guess!

Rivka

Sunday, January 15th 2006, 1:33pm

It will be a nice surprise for you on the big day. We just really wanted to know :]

Sunday, January 15th 2006, 1:52pm

I am a bit scared at the moment as I am not sure if I have felt baby move or not. I have my 20 week scan next week and I am so scared to get bad news. I know I probably wont get bad news.

Did any of you feel this nervous. I think I felt a couple of small probs early morning over the last 2 days, but cant compare it to anything. Not really felt any fluttering as they say you do!!!!!

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Sunday, January 15th 2006, 2:05pm

Vicki 20 weeks is quite early to feel movment for a first one.

I've felt more definite ones in the last couple of weeks but it's not unusual not to feel anything until about 24 weeks. It IS a long wait from 12 weeks to 20 weeks but I'm sure things will be fine!

I still ahve no idea of what I'm having - more inclined to think it's a girl at the moment. having nightmares trying to decorate the nursery in a neutral colour though as most stuff is either to bright or completely bland :rolleyes:

Missy

Superstar

Sunday, January 15th 2006, 2:09pm

It feels different for every baby, the way this baby's movement feel completely different to how Giorgia's movements felt, in sensation and pattern. There is no 'text book' pregnancy, and how one woman feels it might be the exact same way that you are feeling it, yet she describes it differently. I'd say the only time you should really worry is if you don't feel something when your baby has seemed to settled into a routine, ie, when you go to bed or after you've eaten... and even then I've learnt from experience that when you go and get it checked they are just likely to be having a lazy day!!

Vicki, if you get really worried, just start keeping a mental note of what time you felt the baby move, and you should start noticing a pattern. When you are lying down, the baby is pressed upwards so you will be more aware as s/he is nearer your tummy muscles and will be able to touch the nerves there, your baby may be moving 24/7 yet you won't be aware of anything unless they touch your nerve endings.

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Missy

Superstar

Sunday, January 15th 2006, 2:14pm

Chilli, I was convinced when you and Saz found out actuallly that you were having opposite sexes, so you could well be having a boy!! Bagpuss, I'm still not sure about you!! Haven't had any 'vibes' as yet!!

With you there on the nursery theme!! I swore I wouldn't have Winnie the pooh as everyone I knew had it- so I've ended up with.. Winnie the Pooh!! I had the sleepyhead one, I really like it now its all done though!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Sunday, January 15th 2006, 4:26pm

Vicki - I was about 21wks when my baby started to move what I knew was movement and def kicks. But my baby had a lazy 24 hours last week and all was well I could hear the HB before the MW even put the doppler right on my skin. At the time I really regretted not buying one as I spent at least 12hours worrying!

Sam- everything is relating to me having a boy at the mo but still you do never know do you?!

Saz

Monday, January 16th 2006, 6:45pm

I think you are having a boy too Chilli, but then I thought I was! :D I think I just quite like the idea of you having a boy now I know I'm having a girl, seen as we are going thru this together!!

I was right with Bookworm tho!!

Missy

Superstar

Monday, January 16th 2006, 7:40pm

Its like me and Sunshine are having opposites!! They're going to get married.. (although Sun doesn't know about this yet!!) Sun, you better make sure that son of yours is brought up respectably!! :D

xxxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Monday, January 16th 2006, 7:56pm

Oh yeah! Oh I really want a boy now!

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 3:10pm

Over the last two days bubba's movements have increased so much - I'm actually quite uncomfortable as i'm having the s**t kicked out of me - it's lovely to feel baby move but at the moment is constant - don't think bubba is getting any sleep at all at the moment. Has anyone else noticed their movements increasing dramatically?

Elaine
x
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 4:07pm

I have today, I was trying to count but got to about 3,0000,0000 and gave up! But yesterday not much at all.

Missy

Superstar

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 4:10pm

Babys probably just having an energy spurt, if s/he's anything like mine, you will get a few days of frantic thrashing about then a couple of days (which scare the hell out of you) because they are so quiet. This one started geting really active around 26 weeks I think. You wait till s/he's full size and kicking you!! ;) :D

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 4:13pm

I keep on thinking that, the baby woke me up last night jigging and kicking about what will it be like when the baby is full size!! I can't wait obviously but ohhh I am scared!

Missy

Superstar

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 4:20pm

Its not so bad in the last few weeks when they haven't got the room to kick you full force, then you feel it moving under your skin (which is a bit wierd at first) but say early 30 weeks or so it can come quite keen! Also, something I've been getting alot is she keeps sliding her foot over my rib and under the skin which is painful and takes my breath away, but as long as she's moving I'm happy!!

Oh, and another thing, if I lie on my side and she doesn't like it, she actually sticks her feet in the side of my belly into the mattress and turns me over! :D

xxxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 4:23pm

Ahh wow! Well last night I was on my side and needing a wee and that when mybaby kick ten bells of c**p out of me, it was almost as if to say "I don't want to be squashed anymore get up!!"

I do get pins and needles in my hips when i sleep on my side so it is becoming harder and harder to sleep properly. Does it get worse Sam?

Missy

Superstar

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 4:32pm

Sorry, but yes when you get bigger it does, have you tried a pillow under your bump and btween your knees, with your knees slightly curled in towards your chest? Miriam Stoppard recommended it in her book, at first I was like yeah whatever! I fidget for England, but found it so comfy I actually stayed like that the majority of the night.

Also, you need to get on yur ball and do some rotational exercises with your hips, nothing major, but it will relieve some of the pressure there. Pins and needles are because of poor circulation and if your muscles are too taught the blood won't flow there. Are you starting aquanatal or anything like that? I really wish I had now as I don't think I would have had half the problems I have if I'd have started them.

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 4:35pm

I would of but they shut down leisure centre down to do it up it won't be open till May! It's really annoying as I can walk to it, I have been doing the Mirrian Stoppard excerises and DH still hasn't got the ball down from the loft!

I still haven't tried my pilates dvd either I am so lazy I will do it right now! well in abit............

Missy

Superstar

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 4:36pm

LOL!! You're like me! My mum said I should have been spanish as everything is Manana, manana!!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 4:45pm

Yep I am pretty laid back!

Missy

Superstar

Tuesday, January 17th 2006, 4:47pm

Ive put us a nice pic of The dyer on the Dreams thread!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

kel

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 12:16pm

QUESTION:

Is it ok to press your belly to make the baby move - sometimes i do this when i get scared that i havent felt the baby move - my dp keeps
really having a go at me saying i shouldnt do it?

what do you girls think.

kel
xxxx

TTC - 3YRS

3 TRIES OF IUI - ALL FAILED

BFP AUG 05

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 12:31pm

I think it's ok my MW has never had a prob with prodding my belly or the sonographer! I lay on my back for a few minutes that normally does gets a few kicks.

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 12:31pm

Yes aslong as you don't go digging your hand right in!! I flatten my hand where I think she is the give it a good wiggle!! Baby has got all those muscles and water around her so she is well protected. (sorry I say her- force of habit!) try an ice cubes on your tummy or fizzy drinks!

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

kel

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 12:32pm

Thank you Chili xxxxx

kel
xxxx

TTC - 3YRS

BFP AUG 05

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 12:35pm

Fizzy drinks is a good one! I keep getting a stitch is that my muscles stretching even more? Just down the sides of my belly.

Dh thinks I won't get much bigger, I love him dearly but he is a fool, sometimes. I am 5 months pregnant I think possibly I will get bigger over the next 4 months, he is in for a shock I think :D

kel

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 12:37pm

sorry and thank you sam too - xxxx

kel
xxxx

TTC - 3YRS

BFP AUG 05

kel

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 12:39pm

Girls just changing the subject briefly - how do you remove your ticker on one message only - its just that i put a msg for Oll and deleted my ticker - but then when i added it back on for future use- it applied it to the message i left Oll earlier - and i dont want it on that message??

kel
xxxx

TTC - 3YRS

BFP AUG 05

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 12:45pm

Quoted

Originally posted by kel
Girls just changing the subject briefly - how do you remove your ticker on one message only - its just that i put a msg for Oll and deleted my ticker - but then when i added it back on for future use- it applied it to the message i left Oll earlier - and i dont want it on that message??

Go back into Oll's thread and edit your post, then underneath the box that you type in there should be a button saying 'options', click that and untick 'add signature'.

You don't have to physically remove your ticker/sig from your profile.

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 12:46pm

Go to the message and click on edit then click on options and untick "add signature", save message and it will only remove it from that message.

Next time just click on reply at the bottom of the last post and go to options and untick "add signature". xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Chilli" (Jan 18th 2006, 12:48pm)

kel

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 1:01pm

Thanks will try this xxxxx

kel
xxxx

TTC - 3YRS

BFP AUG 05

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 3:13pm

LOL!!! he is a fool Chilli if he thinks that!!! Bless him!! I think he's possibly in a male way trying to reassure you :D

xxx

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Chilli

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 18th 2006, 3:30pm

No he doesn't think like that he honesty thinks because I have quite a big bump now that will be it! Mind you he is like a galloping hair pin so compared to him I am HUGE!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE