You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rivka

• "Rivka" started this thread

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 4:24pm

When do periods return?

How infrequently in a day do you need to be bfing for your periods to return? I'm sure its different person to person but a rough idea would be useful.

Saz

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 4:30pm

Errr..... Mine were back straight away 8o I bled for 5 and 1/2 weeks after birth, had 10 days with nothing, then af's returned!!

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 4:35pm

I bled for about 6 weeks after birth, then it didnt stop completely. Having my first proper AF now which is 16 weeks after birth of bubbs x

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 6:37pm

I've cut out two big feeds and not a sign of af yet (DD 7 months). Friends of mine didn't get theirs until they stopped bf completely.

IRISH

• "IRISH" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 15th 2006

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 7:39pm

yep mine came after 4 weeks...during b/f

Rivka

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 9:03pm

Plum is nearly five months and ther is no sign of AF. After a normal delivery I had to have the placenta manually removed, which involved surgery. I'm now expereincing some pain and still no AF. Should I be concerned?

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 9:15pm

Me too! I get pains like OV but then nothing. M is still only exclus BF so i am sure once you start to wean thye will come back!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 9:19pm

Mine was months and months too. It's different for every person so your pains could be your body getting ready to ovulate and menstruate. It's worth mentioning it to your doc if it's worrying you or extremely painfull.

IRISH

• "IRISH" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 15th 2006

Sunday, October 8th 2006, 9:20pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rivka
Plum is nearly five months and ther is no sign of AF. After a normal delivery I had to have the placenta manually removed, which involved surgery. I'm now expereincing some pain and still no AF. Should I be concerned?

also had this done too....ouch ouch ouch ;(

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Monday, October 9th 2006, 4:30am

I had heavy post-partum bleeding for about two weeks, and then spatterings for another 4 weeks.

I bf DS exclusively until 5.5 months and then I introduced solids but still breastfeeding. My period came though when DS was 5 months old.

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Friday, October 20th 2006, 1:57pm

Rivka I wouldn't worry about the time yet. However, if you're worried about the pain and the complications you had, then go to your doctor. Plenty of people have to stop all bf before they come back.

Me, mine haven't yet, and didn't ever after DS1 (or for 10 years before DS1 arrived come to that). That's why I had IVF, so I can't tell you how long mine took.
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Rivka

Friday, October 20th 2006, 7:44pm

Thanks all its reassuring to know this!

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Sunday, October 22nd 2006, 7:39pm

It really does vary. I expressed for 8 weeks, 6 times a day, and had my first af at 6 weeks. However many people do not start until bf is completely finished.
sorry can't be more helpful but it really does vary.
xx

Rivka

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 1:44pm

Af has finally arrived! But ouuuccchhh! Really heavy and really painful and I've tried but can't use tampons as they are so painful to put in and remove and uncomfortable in between.

TMI warning - I'm a little concerned as AF arrived on Sunday about two hours after DH and I slept "ahem" together for the first time in pretty much 17 months. Is this actually AF or something bad? Is it normal for Af to be triggered in this way or should I hot foot it to the docs?

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 6:30pm

i still have no AF, went to the GP today about it as if it is PCO again we will most certainly TTC again straight away - I am having my bloods taken next week to eleminate everything else.

• "Flowertot" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 6:54pm

my af returned end of November - so far been regular for the first time without any meds!
Jen

Ella Louise Born Tuesday 12 September at 11.48pm weighing 6lb 14oz

Mum to a 2 year old little princess born after 2 rounds of IUI.

(Previously ZooKeeper/Twinkle Fairy/Fairy Girl/)

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 8:21pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rivka
Af has finally arrived! But ouuuccchhh! Really heavy and really painful and I've tried but can't use tampons as they are so painful to put in and remove and uncomfortable in between.

TMI warning - I'm a little concerned as AF arrived on Sunday about two hours after DH and I slept "ahem" together for the first time in pretty much 17 months. Is this actually AF or something bad? Is it normal for Af to be triggered in this way or should I hot foot it to the docs?

Rivka, I had that problem with tampons too. My AF arrived about 10 days ago when I was still expressing. Also had 'relations' with DH and that was painful too, I TOLD him it would close up if we didn't have sex during pregnancy, its his fault I needed a C section!

As to your question, do you have any discharge, did you before AF arrived? Any problems with your waterworks? Any itching? Any smell? If yes, could be an infection in which case you need to get in touch with the doctor to arrange a swab and maybe start antibiotics or thrush treatment. If it lasts as long as a period then thats probably what it is, if it only lasts a few hours, maybe up to 24 of them, than its more likely that its and infection and your hubby has knocked some tissue that was already inflammed. What were your periods like before? If its more heavy/painful than before and not an infection thenI would guess that its caused by the hormonal changes of pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding and should resolve itself. In the meantime paracetamol or ibuprofen (or both if its really bad) should help.

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 9:52pm

Ooh Rivka, ouch.

MrsJ sounds very wise - I hope it's AF proper, not something else. Let us know how you are tomorrow. 8)
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)

Reg: Nov 14th 2005

Wednesday, January 17th 2007, 10:36pm

i havent breast feed in about 5 weeks now - still no sign of a period for me - before i was a regular as clock work. now i am starting to worry because i fell pg while i was down regging - maybe something isnt quite right.

Rivka

Friday, January 19th 2007, 10:10am

update - i think it was just plain old AF but a lot heavier and lasting longer than before baby. thanks for the advice x

Saturday, January 20th 2007, 2:33pm

Glad to hear your system is in good working order! ;) Maybe it's just this once that will be heavier and longer lasting?

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE