You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Spring18

• "Spring18" started this thread

Reg: May 5th 2018

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 6:58pm

Pre-treatment consultation

Hey Ladies,

I’m just looking to ask a few questions about what happens after the pre-treatment consultation. I’ll be having this appointment on 7th June and all being well I should be on cycle day 7 and could possibly have just finished my period I have an idea that I’ll be sent home with medication am I right in thinking this medicine then starts on cycle day 21? I’m just wondering do I have another period again before egg collection? or should everything happen all within that cycle?

Thanks xx

CQCQ

Ace

Reg: Jul 7th 2017

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 10:12pm

Hi spring18 it will all depend on what protocol they will put you on, in the middle of all my medication I had a 7 day gap where I had a period but this was scheduled in my plan etc but yes it sounds like you sld start on day21 of that cycle!! X

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 11:28pm

Yeah you will get all your medication along with a schedule if when to take what and you'll start on cycle day 21. I'm not sure about other protocols but I started norethisterone tablets on CD 21 for 18 days then stopped for a week and had a period. Then o started menopur injections and after a couple of days another injection of cetrotide as well as the menopur. Then you go in for a few scans to see how things are going. You will have a date for a planned egg collection on your schedule but it's not set in stone (mine is actually going to be about a week after the planned date). At the consultation the nurse will talk you through everything and show you how to administer the meds. There's a few different protocols so yours may not be exactly like mine but I think they all start on cycle day 21 x

Spring18

Friday, May 18th 2018, 6:56am

I see, I’m just over thinking things and trying to work everything out myself but I just have to sit back and enjoy the journey ^^
Thanks for all the information :) xx

Reg: May 18th 2018

Friday, May 18th 2018, 10:47am

Hi Spring18. I’m so glad to see your message. We have our blood tests coming up on 31 May and then next appointment on 14th June. Like you, I wish I knew what all is going to happen and what dates etc. It’s exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time.

Friday, May 18th 2018, 10:58am

Can I just ask..... is the blood screening just straight forward - ie blood tests? Or is there any other examinations? Thanks all xx

Friday, May 18th 2018, 1:14pm

Yeah, just bloods and they take your photos and check your ID etc x

Friday, May 18th 2018, 1:32pm

Thanks Janelle132. Appreciate any advice provided! Just wish I was started on treatment. Thanks again

Friday, May 18th 2018, 2:52pm

I remember the feeling, keepsmiling. The waiting is the worst! You'll be started before you know it x

Mc2018

Reg: May 20th 2018

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 9:50pm

Hi all I am in the same boat. Appointments on May 29th and second June 12th. What my concern is that on June 12th I will be approx cycle day 23 so if we start on cycle day 21 that would leave scans, egg collection around the July holidays. My husband said he doesn't think the clinic would be closed but something makes me remember about the holiday time last year we were told the waiting lists extended due to the labs been closed during this time. Does anyone know anything the holiday period? We have got this far I really don't want to wait to August. We have a self funded cycle which was a disaster so time is not on my hands.

Reg: Mar 6th 2018

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 10:45pm

O my goodness im going to fall into that holiday time ive my bloods on 25th.il be starting treatment on day 18 of my cycle as ive only a short 26 day cycle.

Monday, May 21st 2018, 3:31pm

Mc2018 - I fall into the same boat.... and hate the thought of having to wait even longer but at least we have got this far! Fingers crossed that we not delayed by the holidays!

Monday, May 21st 2018, 11:40pm

O well we just have to look at as the best things in life are wort waiting for.it is what it is.

Spring18

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 6:44pm

Hey ladies

We had our nurse appointment today for bloods :) I asked about the next appointment and she give me a quick run down of what will happen and saying I’ll start medication on cycle day 21 for about 4-6 weeks depending on how I react to the medication I also asked about the 12th July holidays and she said not to worry as I’ll still be in the lead up to it all.

Hope this should helps some people depending on your cycles :)

xx

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 9:28pm

Thanks Spring18 - that’s good to know! I get my bloods done next week.... seems like it’s never coming! Waiting is so difficult! Thanks xx

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 10:07pm

Thanks spring im for bloods on friday

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 10:14pm

It’s good to know / realise that others going through this at the same time.... helps a little xx

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 11:09pm

We will have each othefor a wee chat.im new to rfc but unfortunaly not ivf/icis this is my 3rd attempt so im hopen 3rd time lucky.

CQCQ

Ace

Reg: Jul 7th 2017

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 5:20am

Babydream have you ever been through an FET? If so what is the process for it? Like how many weeks does it last etc? X

I’m afraid the waiting doesn’t get any easier girls and it’s all we seem to be able to do!! But the actual treatment part flys past!! Good luck to everyone!! X

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 8:06am

Yes cqcq i down regulated on 11 jan had a scan and started progynova tabletson 22 jan had two more scans 30 jan and 2nd feb.started cyclogest on 3rd feb and had my fet on 8th feb so 4 weeks in total for me.it may very from person to person depending on the lenght of your cycle.

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 2:00pm

Thanks all! The waiting is sooooo difficult! I just wish I could get started! My cycles vary each month and I’m worried that will impact how long treatment is etc. I also have an under active thyroid which doesn’t help matters! As the date for bloods gets closer though, I’m getting really nervous. xx

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 3:11pm

Keepsmiling every thing is worked out to suit your body.most people start on day 21 its kind of the adverage.try not to worrie about the tyroid the will give you meds to suit your body.

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 7:14pm

Thanks Babydream. Appreciate all the support on here. This is our first attempt and it’s really scary - probably because of the unknown..... going into this blind. No matter how much we read etc..... each person dealt with differently and guess just worrying time. I have never wanted something so much xx

Thursday, May 24th 2018, 9:30pm

I know the feeling chick.ive done this before amd im still worrieing about bloods in the morn.i know its going to be fine but i just cant help worrieing.The staff in rfc are going to do their best for us all.you wait and wait for this thinking it will never come then it comes to bloods and it just feels like more waiting for the next steps then you cant beleive its transfer day.

Friday, May 25th 2018, 4:25pm

Got me bloods and bmi done this morn nurses were lovely .just the paper work and collect mend on 11june and im ready to go thank goodness.

Friday, May 25th 2018, 7:26pm

That’s good Babydream - 1 step closer. Roll on next Thursday (bloods) and then 14th June for us - just a few days after you xx

Friday, May 25th 2018, 10:16pm

The way things are worken out for me il prob not start my doun reg till 26 june.ill jist be on day 5 for my next appointment.you might get started before me.depends on where your cycle is when you go for the paper work and meds.

Friday, May 25th 2018, 10:52pm

I honestly don’t know much about treatment / procedures just yet ( only what I’ve been reading on here) I will be day 26 on 14 June so if I’m right in my thinking, it’ll be day 21 of next cycle for me..... into July.
I’m sorry - not familiar with abbreviations etc
Unfortunately my cycle varies each month..... rarely the same length which makes it a nightmare to track x

Friday, May 25th 2018, 11:11pm

Im lucky mines always the same.ive just a we short 26 day cycle.it must be a nightmare tryen to keep track when its diffrent lenghts like when your out and about and it arrives.we could end up starten treatment round the same week.cant wait to get started.

Friday, May 25th 2018, 11:16pm

Yes it’s a nightmare - holidays etc..... never know if it’s coming or not!
I know Babydream. I’m not very patient and just wish I could start now.... the waiting is so difficult! That’s said, we are getting there .... I never thought this time would come.... it’s been a long 3 years waiting for this! It be good to chat throughout - to see how one another is getting on and for much needed support xx

Saturday, May 26th 2018, 7:50am

I think were all the same hate waiting

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 2:14pm

Hi all, we have our blood screening on Thursday! Can’t wait to get started and then next appointment on 14th June. My understanding is that we get our meds on that day and plan.... (from what I’m reading on here) - does this plan include dates etc of when we attend appointments etc.... eg scans, egg collection etc. I know it can’t be set in stone but do they give a rough indication. I’m so excited and nervous at same time. Hard not to think about it all the time. Also are there a lot of different ways to do this eg like do we all start on tablets before injections etc. Sorry my questions so vague but I guess I just don’t know what to ask and kinda wanna know what’s going to be happening. I do appreciate, howver, that everyone is different and they adjust to suit individuals. Thanks in advance xx ps we are for ICSI x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Keepsmiling123" (May 29th 2018, 2:19pm)

Gracie16

Reg: Mar 13th 2018

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 4:59pm

It’s an exciting time! I was ICSI too so your second appt on 14 June will be your two hour appt with the nurse and you’ll get your drugs and treatment schedule including dates of scans etc. If you are before day 21 if your cycle you’ll go home with your schedule and drugs otherwise they’ll post your schedule out to you.

Generally start on nose sprays on day 21, it used to be 4 sprays a day, it’s now 2 and after 3-4 weeks of that you’ll start injections combined with the spray. You’ll be scanned twice I think to make sure you’re responding and that your dose is correct, then they’ll tell you around day 10-12 to take your trigger shot and then 36 hours after that it’s retrieval. It flies in and you’ll be in your two week wait before you know it! Good luck!

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 6:19pm

There are a few different protocols. You may be on a spray like Gracie says but I was on tablets starting on day 21 then a break of 7 days then started injections (1 a day for a few days then upping to 2 a day, no tablets or spray).
As gracie says though if you have had a period and are before day 21 they will print out your schedule otherwise you'll have to phone when your period arrives and they will post your schedule to you. The schedule will have what drug to take on each day with the dose plus scan dates and times. The nurse wrote a planned egg collection on my schedule but it can change depending on how you react to the drugs (I was a full week past my planned ec).
At the consultation the nurse will talk you through all the drugs you've to take and show you how to administer them.
I was ICSI too, don't think that changes anything about the protocol they use, it's just how they fertilise the eggs once they are collected.
It really does fly in! The tww however drags lol. I'm only 5dp3dt and I don't know how I'm going to wait until test date lol.
Good luck xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Janelle132" (May 29th 2018, 6:20pm)

Reg: Mar 23rd 2018

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 6:54pm

Hi ladies, I am due to start nasal spray tomorrow. I was just looking for a bit of advice as to what I should and shouldn’t be doing at this stage with regards to food, water and exercise. Thanks!

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 8:14pm

Thank you so much Gracie and Janelle - I really appreciate all the info. My period is due the week after 14th June so they’ll probably be sending me out my schedule via post. It’s nerve wrecking. I really hope it flys in like you said. Janelle - you’re doing so well - everything crossed for you! I’m excited for you too lol! I really can’t wait to be at that stage!!
Bonniebell - good question - I’m interested in this too.... my fears are that I love a good cup of tea..... well quite a few and I’m thinking that I should be quitting it. It’s just my weakness and perhaps my comfort/hug in a mug during my lowest times. Also worried about exercise - is it bad to have heart rate high during ICSI..... thanks girls xx

Mc2018

Reg: May 20th 2018

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 3:13pm

Hi all I rang today and they are only closed 12th and 13th, at least it is not 2 weeks thank goodness.

Spring18. Oh I didn't realise we would be on the nasal spa day for that long? I thought it would be only for 7 days from cycle day 21 so we could actually be on spray for 4-6 weeks?

My first ivf was short protocol so I just started injections on cycle day 2.

Spring18

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 6:08pm

Hey Mc2018
Oh sorry I meant all medication including injections, I took it that it’d be 4-6 weeks from cycle day 21 until egg collection (depending on how we react to the medication)
Unless I’ve picked that up wrong

Gracie16

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 6:11pm

They keep you on the spray so your ovaries don’t release any eggs while you’re building up your uterine lining
For implantation. It’s a fine science but it works! Don’t get caught up on dos and donts, my 2ww both times we had lazy mornings, coffee dates, lunch dates, walks through the park, just nice family time and tried to not think about it!! It drags in but it will be test day before you know it. I was under terrible stress both times and was convinced it had ruined my chances, DD is 2 and she was our fresh transfer of ICSI and second attempt which is frozen is cooking away at 31 weeks. Keep the faith, it works!

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 7:42pm

Gracie - it’s so good to hear happy outcomes - gives me hope!
Thank you. Just don’t want to do anything that will ruin our chances.

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 10:18pm

Gracie thanks for the info and fantastic news for you!
Keep smiling same here, so worried about doing something wrong!

Gracie16

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 10:20pm

You won’t so don’t worry, easier said than done!! I stalked every forum for signs and symptoms to see if it had been successful. Drove my husband crazy. With my first go I had zero symptoms and could hardly believe it worked. Second time I cramped, had backache and pinky discharge from the crinone, I was so convinced this time had failed I did the test, threw it on the windowsill and refused to look at it. Only my husband retrieved it and made me look at it. Stay positive and away from forums if you can, you have a great chance and it’s so exciting to get started. I did a wee bit of reflexology for this transfer and I don’t know if it helped but it let me relax and destress, I only told a handful of close friends and just filled my days with nice activities to take my mind off it. Rooting for you all to get your much wished for baby x

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 10:41pm

Gracie - Thank you! Your words of encouragement mean so much. x
Bonniebell - how was your first day of nasal spray? x

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 10:51pm

Thanks Gracie! I’ve been doing reflexology find it so relaxing.
All good with the spray, was worried about doing it wrong lol but it’s fine. What stage are you at keepsmiling? Xx

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 8:23am

Bonniebell - we go for our blood screening today and then back on 14 June to meet with nurse and complete all forms / discuss treatment. Feels like it’s taking forever but I know I’m getting there! Sorry for being so impatient - it’s so difficult all this waiting! Glad spray going good! Be good to stay in touch and help one another once we get started.... good to know what others are thinking / going through! Thanks xx

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 6:57pm

It will actually fly in, feels like no time since our pic. Yes that would be great....I’m sure I’ll have a million questions, good to have others to chat to. Xx

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 9:15am

Hi all, how is everyone getting on - I know we all at different stages. x

Monday, June 4th 2018, 6:34am

Hi ive stayed off here for a while to distract my self.still waiting for my appointment to fill paper work and collect meds next monday .i know you shoulden wish your life away but i cant help it roll on next week.they days are draging a littel for me.i should be used to waiting by now.

Monday, June 4th 2018, 8:43am

Babydream - I totally understand how you feel. I hate to moan on here but i can’t wait until Thursday 14 June when we go to our 2 hour meeting to fill in papers / discuss plans. It feels like forever away and I just want to start now! I’m also a bit down because my period is due just after this appointment so that means I have to wait another 21 days until I actually get started. I’m sorry for complaining / moaning folks - it’s so difficult to wait and I know we will get there but it’s so hard waiting for this. So Babydream - I’m glad u said this because I feel exactly the same xx

Spring18

Monday, June 4th 2018, 8:24pm

I also have tried to stay off here but it is good reading some posts to get more information and then you have to catch up lol

I also had a voicemail from the hospital today to say they needed to change our pre-treatment appointment and to ring them back after lunch so I was all annoyed cause I didn’t want the appointment to be set back until after this cycle day 21 and then I’d have to wait to have another period but thankfully the appointment is now Wednesday
it was meant to be Thursday :)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE