You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Natalie85" started this thread

Reg: May 11th 2018

Friday, May 11th 2018, 8:03am

Possible low egg reserve.. what’s next?

i everyone,

I am new to fertilityzone and think it’s lovely the support eachother offers. I have FSH result of 9.2 (consultant advice over ten is when start to think about indication of possible low egg reserves). That upset me a little. I have had the AMH blood test and got scan next week.

If I do have low egg reserve does anyone know what might be next for me in terms of procedures or tests.

My first appointment was a 5 minute whirlwind and didn't get chance to ask any questions.

Does anyone know what the best advice is for supplements or therapies to support good egg quality of I do have a low reserve.

I currently take the vitabiotics pre conception vitamin and omega and ordered Ubiquinol coq10, royal jelly, tribulus, Maca and super greens.

I have booked for some acupuncture and a friend does reflexology. I am trying my best to shift my diet from processed foods and sugar as much as possible (a big hit as I love chocolate)!

Any support and advice would be greatly appreciate. :) :)

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, May 14th 2018, 8:39pm

Hi Natalie,
Low egg reserve means you do not have as many eggs, not necessarily that they are poor quality. Women are born with a certain number of eggs, and when they ran out we can’t conceive any longer. As long as you have eggs though you can still conceive, so try not to worry. The amh test is more accurate than the fsh test. The fsh varies each month and is more an indication of how you will respond to the treatment and Gould be done in conjunction with other hormones. The amh stays the same every month, and it’s linked to the actual number of eggs.
The best thing to do is to keep an healthy diet. Acupuncture, reflexology etc will help with relaxation, nothing else.
Fingers crossed for you!

SuJas

Reg: May 19th 2018

Monday, May 21st 2018, 6:48pm

Natalie, I can understand what you are going through. Because I have been TTC for nearly 9 years. Serval failed attempts revealed that I have a low ovarian reserve. I am in the same boat as you. I have researched quite a lot. But there is no possible cure for my ovarian reserve. Because there is no way that the eggs can be created through the quality of the eggs can be counted. Moreover, I happened to be a poor responder to the IVF cycle. The eggs retrieved in the first cycle were 8 out of which only 2 were fertilized. Which later own I miscarried. This was the last thing I hoped that will give me results, But the miscarriages literally shattered me. Have you consulted with ER? There could be a way for your natural conception. As we must don't worry about quantity over quality. But the quality of my eggs failed me. But your case could be different as mine. Try seeing an ER. This way you can determine your next step according to your number of follicles and quality. In my case, doctors have suggested me to go for surrogacy with donor eggs. Because the eggs are low in quality as well as quality. I am on medications for quality improvement if it didn't improve then I may have to proceed my surrogacy process with donor eggs. I suggest you research your options and then decide what will work for you better. As IVF and other treatments cost a lot and the disappointment makes you ore miserable. So once and for all, I have surrogacy as my liberation journey from infertility. I wish you lots of baby dust.

Claire44

Reg: May 14th 2018

Wednesday, May 23rd 2018, 5:12am

Hey there! HOpe you are doing fine. I am so sorry to hear about you. It is an alarming situation. Woman with low egg reserves, sometimes cannot conceive naturally. I know that to conceive naturally is a wish of every lady. But sometimes we have to do a compromise with fate. I tried TTC for 9 years. But all in vain. I was too fed up. At the age of 40, I decided to go for the surrogacy. I got a surrogate son. So do not worry. You can also think about the surrogacy. God bless you

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE