You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sparkle10" started this thread

Reg: May 18th 2015

Monday, March 19th 2018, 7:01pm

Down reg & Prostap

Girls im wondering if anyone can help me.
I had my prostap injection on 9th march.
my period was due yesterday and it arrived bang on time, am i supposed to have this bleed?
Im just worrying and tried ringing clinic today but i think they were closed.
Any help would be appreciated x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2
:dust:

Reg: Jul 11th 2017

Monday, March 19th 2018, 7:58pm

Hi sparkle,

I’m not too sure of your protocol but in my previous ivf attrpmts where I down regulated for 2 weeks approx my period always arrived before stims. I would imagine that you do need to have period at this point. You are probably 2-3 weeks away from egg collection if you haven’t started stimming yet so you need to bleed before that starts, as part of stimming is not only to increase follicle size but also to increase lining thickness to prepare for potential pregnancy. Although since I’m not too sure of your protocol, I’d recommend giving them a call in the morning. Xo

Monday, March 19th 2018, 8:40pm

thanks mewsbabes, did you ever down reg with prostap?

yes ill be down regulated on friday coming for 2 weeks. it says on front of my notes "agonist diary" i dont know if thats the protocol name.
my period is perfectly on time, tho i thought it would be light or just spotting.
yes ill ring them tomorrow.
xx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Reg: Mar 6th 2018

Monday, March 19th 2018, 10:52pm

Hi sparkle its normal to bleed on prostrap.i did both times.the agonist diary is your protocol (treatment plan).try relax its good they want you to bleed before your stims.

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 7:30am

thank you babydream, did you have treatment with GCRM?
yes i know i need to relax and just let the docs and drugs do their thing. i had my reflexology yesterday and she said she was noticing i was anxious/uptight. xx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 7:55am

This is my first time using prostap, with NHS it was spray and with Origin it was via self injection every night. All protocols and treatment plans are different so they are difficult to compare. I’ve had 2 stun injections so far and I already feel my ovaries responding, quite how well they are responding however.....

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 9:37am

Yes sparkle i had treatment with gcrm .my mind was raceing all i could think about was injections and tablets(vits)am i doing it right what time is the next one and i had to get over my needel foibiea.any thing for a baby!.i done reflexology i enjoyed it i as lso tryed medation which is free and once you let your self go with its relaxing.good luck chick.enjoy your journey.whats infront of you is not going to pass you

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 8:30pm

thanks girls :thanx:
mewsbabes good luck for the rest of your stimming.. hope everything is growing in there nicely.

babydream thank you. yes im having reflexology and i really enjoy it. what stage are you at babydream if you dont mind me asking? xx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 2:33pm

Sparkle ive had a fresh cycle with gcrm and a fet only just got my prriod back to day 2 days late but thank goodness i got it.so now im waiting on my nhs go should be around may time i hope.fed up waiting

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 10:27pm

aw babydream im sure you are.. i think my nhs go will be around august time.
i rang the clinic today and they said yes its normal to have my period so all is good x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Thursday, March 22nd 2018, 10:17pm

Sparkle at lest that we phone call gives you peace of mind and its always good to know you have a back up plan the good old nhs .but lets hope your lucky and get s we baby firstgo.ive still one frostie with gcrm if my nhs dosent work out for me.hope im 3rd time lucky.

Thursday, March 22nd 2018, 10:45pm

i hope so too babydream. thansk for your replies. it can be a lonely place during ivf, i havnt told my friends etc that im doing this so i dont talk about it to many people and its such a big part of my life x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Saturday, March 24th 2018, 12:48pm

It is lonley journey and you do feel alone because i dont think people understand if they havent been there themselfs.im lucky enough to konw a few people who has been there so i can chat to them.i did tell my sister as we are very close and i know i can trust her.she got very excited about the idea of getting a neice or nephew.and realy got involved .she even came in with me for my first embyro transfer because my man was away working.so if you have a sis tell her she loves you.

Fifs

Ace

Reg: Nov 19th 2017

Saturday, March 24th 2018, 1:41pm

Well said babydream and sparkle, this forum is keeping me sane. So nice to have people who understand, and who you can rant to and who don't judge.
I told my sis and a few close friends when we went on the list, but haven't told anyone since we started treatment. Couldn't handle the pressure!

Saturday, March 24th 2018, 6:24pm

thanks baby dream and fifs.
i am dying to tell people around me but i just dont want to have to explain myself when they ask incase im not in the mood. i just feel it would be so hard to even explain..im just glad i have you girls on here to talk so and ask wee questions too, it really does help xxxxx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

CQCQ

Ace

Reg: Jul 7th 2017

Saturday, March 24th 2018, 9:31pm

I’m the same girls my sister knows absolutely everything, but we dnt talk about it to much unless I’m the 1 that brings it up, she definitely keeps me positive!! My bff knows that we went on the list but dsnt know that it is happening now and she has only asked about twice if there was any progress and at the time there wasn’t!! Sometimes I think even hubby hasn’t a clue what’s going on haha
Keep the chin up sparkle Monday isn’t far away!! X

Sunday, March 25th 2018, 7:25pm

thanks CQCQ .. im a it paranoid that something is gonna be wrong, i keep thinking im having pains but i dont know if im just imagining it.. my fiance is just like dont be silly you are just overthinking everything. hes prob right lol but i just cant help it x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Sunday, March 25th 2018, 10:19pm

Girls at least we have each other in here.isent it crazy that we can chat to peopel we have never met and we understand each other

Monday, March 26th 2018, 5:18pm

quick update girls on my down reg.

so i had my bloods done friday past and they said my LH was a wee bit too high to start stimming ( it was at 7 they would like it below 2.5)
so they had me back this morning for bloods again they are now at 4.4. so i now have to go back on thursday morning again. nurse is happy enough she said we are going in the right direction and not to worry some people take longer to down reg than others so fingers crossed all is good on thursday and i can start injections soon.

just thought id post this up incase it helps anyone. i didnt know it could take some people longer and i was worrying for no reason.
roll on thursday x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Monday, March 26th 2018, 6:25pm

A sparkle good to here you gertting so close.yea it is amazing how our bodies all react diffrent to the drugs.some faster some a bit slower but as long as the do react its good news.you will not find till your stims now injection time it took me 10 days of injections then a day off b4 my trigger which was 36 hours b4 my egg collection its so exciting and worrieing all in one go.your nearly their

Monday, March 26th 2018, 6:43pm

thank you babydream, yes nearly there . ill be glad to get started stimming.
hopefully my LH level is dropping as im typing this xx : D
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Tuesday, March 27th 2018, 5:41pm

A it will have droped by thursday .wait till you see youl be injecting yourself thursday evening.are you using menopur for stims?

Tuesday, March 27th 2018, 9:12pm

yes babydream im starting on 300 menopur. i have a low amh.
did you stim with menopur? x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Tuesday, March 27th 2018, 9:14pm

CQCQ how you getting on? xxx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

CQCQ

Ace

Tuesday, March 27th 2018, 9:30pm

Hi sparkle, I am good I have just taken my last tablet for down reg, so it’s onto the 7 day break starting from tomorrow and wait for a period!! How are you feeling? X

Tuesday, March 27th 2018, 9:43pm

hi CQCQ im feeling ok, def have hot flushes and a bit moody. but nothing i cant handle. im pretty tired too.. bed early every night.
have you had any down reg symptoms?
im back on thursday morning to see if im down regulated enough yet.. ive had bloods done twice already this week but they just arent right yet so fingers crossed for thursday then ill be starting stimms.
i had my period a while back and ive been bleeding on and off since but nurse said its ok its just as my levels are dropping ill be experiencing blood, its not much anyway, not like a period.
still having my reflexology and my therapist recommended some meditation videos that are ok a site circle and bloom. ive only tried the free sample and it has me out like a light on the sofa the other day so im considering buying the ivf one. anyone ever heard of these or used them? they are basically for relaxation x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

CQCQ

Ace

Tuesday, March 27th 2018, 10:02pm

Sounds great lol I just had those symptoms at the beginning and that’s kinda been it, the odd little twinge here and there but nothing work talking about really!! I’m having kinesiology tomorrow so looking forward to that to release some stress of nothing else!! I’ve got a feeling that my period will come pritty quickly this week!! Think the time change has left everyone tired this week too lol x :o)

Tuesday, March 27th 2018, 10:22pm

aw yea the time change is good tho, the brighter evenings are class. glad you have been feeling good. we are getting through this down reg rightly.
whats kinesiology? ive never heard of that? xx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

CQCQ

Ace

Wednesday, March 28th 2018, 8:15am

It’s like a holistic therapy, they can see if you have an intolerance to any foods and things !! Today is my first appointment so il know more later!! I know we are doing well, I think the injections will be even faster!! Yeah the bright evenings are lovely, just need it to warm up a little now lol x

Wednesday, March 28th 2018, 7:42pm

how was today CQCQ? XX
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Thursday, March 29th 2018, 11:35pm

Yes sparkle i used 225 menopur.they did consider me taken one more dose of it at the end but i had none left and would have to buy one more dose.we went ahead with out the extra dose.i think my amh is 3.5 or 4 cant even rember now but it is quite low to.we wete only expecting to get a coupel of eggs suitable to fertalize but i was lucky and got 9 .8 of them fertalized and all made it to day 5 and transferd 2.the keeped the rest till day 6 for freezing and 3 were froze.all we need is one the right one hopefully.

Friday, March 30th 2018, 8:47am

Have you been given the go ahead to start with stims yet sparkle?

Friday, March 30th 2018, 10:15pm

thats good to hear babydream, my amh is 9.8 and they are starting me on 300 so hopefully it works well. thats amazing you got so many fertilised and able to freeze some, you have to tell me your secret to get those eggs to grow lol xxx

mewsbabes... NO!! lol my bloods were down again from 4.4 to 3.3 they want them below 2.5.
im back again on monday morning, the nurse said its nothing to worry about at all everyone is different and she said she notices women with lower body fat take longer to down regulate. she said its a quite recent thing they are very particular about as patients like me had other troubles late on in treatment because they were not down regulated properly so im just glad they are being so thorough i suppose. she said there are more top up drugs they give women if they need the to help get down so ill just have to see what happens.
easter monday might be my day fingers crossed x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

CQCQ

Ace

Friday, March 30th 2018, 11:16pm

So I am waiting very impatiently on AF since Wednesday.... if it dsnt come over night I have to ring in the morning to see what the next step is!! Has anyone experienced this before and if so what happens?? X

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Saturday, March 31st 2018, 10:55am

Hi cqcq mines was 4 days late as long as it comes before injections start your grand.

CQCQ

Ace

Saturday, March 31st 2018, 12:33pm

Hi Martha thanks for your reply!! It actually came in the early hours this morning nd is pritty painful I normally dnt get much pain with my regular AF so this definitely feels different but I won’t complain because I’m just glad it’s here now!! Hope your keeping well yourself!! X :S

Saturday, March 31st 2018, 7:51pm

happy days cqcq at least its here .. even tho its painful at least its moving you in the right direction . hope your able to take it easy tonight xx
im waiting patiently for monday to get here again x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Martha1

Saturday, March 31st 2018, 8:32pm

Hi CQCQ

I’m doing good , still contemplating our next move but glad to hear everyone is progressing well and I hope there’s a lot of bfps to come ::P

Reg: Jun 6th 2017

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 6:25pm

Hi girls just wondering can any one help me- we have pre treatment consultation on Thursday 5th april and day 21 of my cycle will be next Sunday does this mean I can start with our meds on Sunday? As in do you get your treatment plan at the RFC on Thursday or do they post it out to you?

CQCQ

Ace

Sunday, April 1st 2018, 8:12pm

Yes hopefulgirl sounds like you should be able to start that day as long as they can facilitate your appointments with their own clinic!! They will give it to you that day!!

Yeah it’s a big decision Martha just take your time and do as much research as you can!! Good luck whatever you choose!! X

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 11:14am

hi hopeful girl, im not 100% sure but if your day 21 is after your appointment im sure they will start you then instead of waiting a full cycle, as long as cqcq said they can get you fitted in etc xx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Reg: Jun 6th 2017

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 12:06pm

Thanks girls for the reply really hoping they let me start Sunday as yous well know it's the waiting that's the killer lol how did you get on with your bloods today sparkle? Cqcq what stage are you at? I follow this forum regularly but had to keep up with what stage everyone is at lol

Anniemc

Reg: Mar 13th 2018

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 12:56pm

Sorry for random message, going a bit mad with waiting, closer it’s gets more obsessed I am. wonder if any of you can give a rough guide , when you accepted your letter, how many weeks away were appointment times for bloods and pre-consult appointment. Thanks x

Martha1

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 1:21pm

Annie the bloods were 2 weeks from accepting and the ptc when you get your meds was 2 weeks wait again. So all in all give yourself a month to 6 weeks from accepting your letter to you start goodluck .

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 1:54pm

yes hopeful girl its hard to try and keep up with where everyone is, im the same .
i got the call about an hour ago to say im good to go.. i start stimming tomorrow with 300 menopur. im a bit nervous about first injection but im dure ill be fine.

annie have you received your letter yet or are u waiting patiently ? xx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Anniemc

Reg: Mar 13th 2018

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 2:26pm

Thanks sparkle and Martha yes I received my letter, nearly there. I have found out my husband might be away when my pre consult will be on but will just wait until. I receive appointment as might not be a problem.

Good luck with your journey xxxx sorry again for taking over this post xx

Fifs

Ace

Reg: Nov 19th 2017

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 2:29pm

Annie, I definitely got more obsessed the closer I got too.
My journey:
1st apt at Grove June 16
Apt where I was put on rfc ivf list 14 March 17
I got my letter and accepted 18th Jan
Bloods 2nd Feb
Scheduling 13th Feb
Started synarel nasal spray 14th Feb (2 days early as period came earlier than expected)
Started bemfola injections 7th March
Scans on 14th and 18th March
Ovitrelle trigger 18th March
Egg collection 20th March
Embryo transfer 23rd March

And now more waiting... Due to test on fri 6th April

Monday, April 2nd 2018, 3:09pm

dont be silly annie the more the merrier, i enjoy talking to everyone on here and try to help as much as i can because everyone helps me with all the questions etc i alwas have lol x

fifs not long to wait now.. although it will seem like forever to you.. good luck hope you get your bfp xx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 7:57am

What about your bloods from yesterday sparkle? Is your LH low enough?
I’m waiting for the call about my day 5 transfer right now, absolutely dreading finding out what grade the blastocysts are or even if any have made it to blastocyst!

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 9:27am

hey mewsbabes my bloods were good to go :thumbsup:
so i did my first stimms injection of menopur this morning at 8.15, im so excited lol, it was totally fine, burned a tiny bit at the end but not sore going in or anything.

when are they calling you mewsbabes? that stage must be so nerve wrecking, i think as it goes along each stage becomes more and more nerve wrecking lol because you know how far you have came x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE