You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Janelle132" started this thread

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Monday, March 12th 2018, 2:33pm

Blood screening appointment done. Excited to be started!

Hey ladies, Had my first appointment today for blood screening. Very quick and (relatively) painless. Unfortunately it fell on hubbys birthday so not great for him but we went for lunch after to make up for it. Pre treatment consultation appointment next Tuesday! How's everyone else getting on? X
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
1st ICSI Cycle :BFN: ;(
Sept/Oct 2018
2nd ICSI Cycle :?: :?:

babydust

Reg: Oct 12th 2017

Monday, March 12th 2018, 4:36pm

Hi Janelle, we were the same in and out although the camera wasn't working when we were in so we have to get this done at PTA now on Wednesday. Very excited to get started, my day 21 is the 22nd March so hopefully that will be me on the ball x

Monday, March 12th 2018, 4:39pm

That's exciting, Wannabeee. You'll be starting so soon. Will this be your first IVF/ICSI cycle? Unfortunately my day 21 was on Saturday there so probably going to have to wait until next time which should be around 8/9th April i think. Happy to be getting somewhere though! X
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Tuesday, March 13th 2018, 8:15am

Hi ladies, can I jump in, even though I’m not Northern Ireland...? Had my screening bloods last week and hoping AF arrives next weds/thurs :) Then should start injections 16th April :thumbsup: can’t wait to get going xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Tuesday, March 13th 2018, 9:34am

I guess I am lucky that is just how my cycle fell, my P was 6days later than norm I must have ovulated later so actually thought I would have been starting this Thursday. The nurse got me to do a pregnancy test when I was in for my bloods lol could you imagine if it had of been positive lol. I have been so excited trying to keep positive and keep the nerves at bay. This is my first cycle of IVF we have been trying naturally for 3 years now. Is this your first IVF Janelle? Exciting times Dusky you have a few positive stories to tell...you could give us some tips xx

Tuesday, March 13th 2018, 2:48pm

Of course, Dusky! Everyone is welcome, were all in the same boat. We could he starting around the same time! My period is due around 18th/19th. Im quite irregular so it's hard to tell but I've been doing opks so I have an idea wheb it'll come. Excited/nervous about my appointment next week!
We are the same, Wannabeee. First ICSI cycle for us and trying for just over 3 years, thiugh we've known for over a year that there's really no chance naturally for us as hubby has a blockage and no sperm are getting through. We always gave it a go each month though just in case.
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

Tuesday, March 13th 2018, 4:15pm

I wish you all the best on this journey, we will get there. I can't believe how fast time is going I have wished these 3years away waiting for this treatment so I am looking forward to enjoying every minute of being pregnant and stop wishing time away. x

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, March 13th 2018, 10:26pm

We are ICSI due to blockage, DH had a TESE (I think?) where they aspirated the sperm, we still have some vials frozen. We were so amazingly lucky, I couldn’t believe it! I am now 9 years older :| my age worries me but am so excited to get going and am trying so hard to have PMA xx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Wednesday, March 14th 2018, 7:15am

That's the same with us, Dusky, however we didn't get any sperm to freeze from hubbys first biopsy so he'll have to have another on the day of my egg collection.
Will this be your 2nd full cycle then? It's great that you were successful first time, had 3 frosties and a successful fet. It's good to see success stories. Just out of curiosity, and if you don't mind me asking, were you able to do all of this through the NHS where you are or is some of it private? X
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, March 14th 2018, 8:39pm

We have had to be private all the way. We were so lucky to have 12 embryos to freeze and E was the last 2 of those :) xx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 11:58am

Pre treatment consultation this afternoon. Excited to see exactly what will be happening and when! How's everyone else doing? X
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 4:47pm

Great Janelle, I start sprays now on thursday so looking forward to getting started. Our PTC lasted overall 2.5hours first section lasted an hour then went to main hospital to collect Meds and back for all the run through of them. The nurse was amazing x

Reg: May 18th 2015

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 8:34pm

hi janelle
its good to read you are so excited, im in middle of down reg at the min, i cant believe im actually excited about starting to inject myself lol.
i have my meds in the fridge calling my name everytime i open the door xx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2
:dust:

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 9:11pm

My treatment seems to be different from most people on here. I start norethisterone tablets on 6th April, 3 times a day unil 24th, then no drugs for 7 days then menopur injections 150iu on 2nd may and cetrotide injections on 5th may. Egg collection planned for 14th may all being well with trigger injection 36 hours before that.
Our ptc lasted just about 2 hours and the nurse was so lovely. She made us both feel at ease. It was a lot of info to take in all at once but I think I have it all in my head now. I've put reminders in my phone for everything so I don't forget lol.
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 10:17pm

Hey ladies, I came on on Sunday so started the pill yesterday, clinic phoned today, have refresher injection demo on 12th April, start Buserelin 17th, scans 2nd, 8th and 11th May, EC hopefully 14th May :thumbsup:

It’s all getting exciting in here :) xx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

CQCQ

Ace

Reg: Jul 7th 2017

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 10:29pm

Janelle again.... mine sounds pritty much the same as you have just described!!lol x

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 10:47pm

dusky and janelle so exciting.. wishing you all the luck for your cycles xxx
cqcq how you feeling ? xxx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Dusky7 (21.03.2018)

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 1:31pm

CQCQ - lol we are just the same for everything! Where are you in your treatment now? How are you feeling?
Dusky - we will be very close together then, my planned egg collection is 14th may too!
Sparkle10 - thanks! Are you in the middle of treatment? I can't remember, It's hard to keep track of everyone on here lol
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

CQCQ

Ace

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 6:29pm

I know lol I’m still on Norethisterone stage!! It is actually going in pritty fast!! Definitely had a few hormonal tantrums at the beginning but they have settled now!!

Sparkle I’m fine these days, how are you? X

Reg: Jun 6th 2017

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 7:02pm

Hi girls I haven't been on here in a while we had another delay due to my bloods being very high in iron... but we are finally getting somewhere, after signing to get on the list on 28th march 17 nearly one year later we have our 1st appointment for bloods tomorrow! I'm so excited and nervous all in one!! We are also picking our donor sperm tomorrow makes me even more nervous but just glad to be getting somewhere. Can Any one tell me what tomorrow entails? Hope u are all keeping well xxxx

Wednesday, March 21st 2018, 10:32pm

hi janelle ive been down regulating now for almost 2 weeks, i go on friday to get bloods done to see if im ready to start stimming .. so excited ,cant wait to get onto the next stage xx
cqcq im fine too, my period is away, i found out i was supposed to get it so phew... bit warm and sweaty every now and again but all is good. time is flying past x
hi hopefulgirl.. good luck for tomorrow. xxx
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

CQCQ

Ace

Thursday, March 22nd 2018, 2:33am

Oh that’s good sparkle!! How soon do u think u will start to stim if all is good on Friday? X

Thursday, March 22nd 2018, 2:19pm

i really dont know cqcq
have you got a date for you stimming? think with gcrm they dont give you dates incase they change about a bit depending on how you react to treatment x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

CQCQ

Ace

Thursday, March 22nd 2018, 11:19pm

Yeah I’m scheduled for my first injection on 4th April!! Good luck for your appt tomorrow, keep us posted on how it goes!! X

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 7:01am

Hope bloods are good Sparkle and you are ready for stimming.

That will be lovely to go through it at the same time as you Janelle :) what drugs will you be on?

How did your bloods go Hopefulgirl?

Xx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 9:05am

hey cqcq i really dont know . i was in and out in 5 mins this morn they are ringing me at lunch to see when to start. so ill keep you posted x

thank you dusky thats them done, just waiting now. wish lunch time would hurry x hopefully all is good they said sometimes people need a top up of the down reg drug and some done so just see how it goes x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 5:38pm

CQCQ, have you had many side effects with the norethisterone then, apart from the few hormonal mood swings? I'm just desperate to get started now. Hate all the waiting, though I'm sure it'll go in quickly.

Hopefulgirl, hope everything went well with your bloods appointment and choosing your donor sperm. I've no experience with that side of things, I didn't realise you got to chose. That's good. There was a point where we weren't sure we would get sperm from my hubby and thought we might have to use donor sperm, I was worried about how they would match us up to a donor. Do you have any idea when you'll be getting started?

Sparkle, have you heard from the clinic yet? Fingers crossed you're ready to start soon. This might sound a bit stupid but is the down the the tablets/spray you take first and stimming the injections? I don't know all the terminology.

Dusky, I am on norethisterone tablets to begin with for 18 days, then stop for a week then menopur injections then after 3 days i add in cetrotide injections. Then ovitrell trigger 36 hours before EC. I think it was called antagonist protocol or something like that. What drugs are you on? I find it strange how there can be so many different treatment plans, After reading on here i expected to be on a nasal spray as that seems to be the most common.
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Janelle132" (Mar 23rd 2018, 5:42pm)

CQCQ

Ace

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 5:53pm

Hi Janelle, no other symptoms at all, I dnt even feel as if I am started yet lol because I am just going about my business as normal so far!! Might be different when the injections start!! I will be on Norethisterone for 20 days In Total (Tuesday is day 20) then that’s me on the 7 day break so I’m kinda dreading the period then because I have a feeling it’s going to be heavy for some weird reason!! And yes your first 18days is your down reg and your injections is stims !! I had to ask aswel lol x

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 6:15pm

That's good that you haven't really had any symptoms, hopefully I'll be the same! Yeah I'm sure it'll feel more real once you start injections. Are you nervous about the injections? I'm dreading them. Can't even ask my hubby to help as he's scared of needles!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know all the terminology. The nurse never mentioned those words so I just wasn't 100% sure.
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 6:53pm

hi janelle yes down reg is what you do forst most people seem to use the spray for this, i had an injection of prostap for mine.

yes they rang me back and said im just not ready yet :mood: , they have me coming back on monday morning for bloods again to see where im at then. think they said my LH is still slightly high.not sure what that means, ill have to get onto google here, bit disappointed as i just want to start but its all for a good reason. xx :xxx:
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 7:58pm

Awww that's a shame, sparkle! I know LH is the hormone that spikes just before you ovulate but you do always have some in your system. Not sure what it would mean in this instance though. Be careful with Google though, you can freak yourself out with it! Is it normal to have blood tests before starting injections? On my schedule i just start injections after the tablets and a 7 day break. The next time I go into the clinic is for the first scan to see how you've follicles are doing x
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

CQCQ

Ace

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 7:58pm

Ugh I’m not that concerned about needles but it will probably take a few attempts to stab myself lol yeah hubby works really early so he will be long gone before it’s time to do them so il havta put my big girl pants on and get on with it lol

Ahh sparkle not what u wanted to hear I know but at least they arnt rushing into it!! X

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 9:08pm

janelle its just what they do at gcrm. they dont give me any set dates or times as i suppose everyone responds differently ..like i have today. they want to make sure bloods are at a certain level before stimming, every clinic and person has such a different protocol i think. they didnt seem too concerned just to leave it until monday x

CQCQ i knowwwwwwwww i was so excited to see when to start injctions and now have to wait till monday again. but yes i know they are doing it for all the right reasons so ill just have to get used to it. there will prob be alot more hurdles and things happen that we wont expect on this journey. how are you feeling, whats ur date for starting injections x
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

CQCQ

Ace

Friday, March 23rd 2018, 10:20pm

Yeah I’m good!! My date is 4th April, the only thing is if I don’t have a bleed next week that might change things but to be honest I dnt see that happening!! X

Saturday, March 24th 2018, 6:27pm

im feeling kind of emotional today.. emotional and tired. glad its the weekend girls so i can just chill out.
keep reminding myself when im having a moment what its all about and how worth it it will be : D
sparkle
Ready for ivf round 2

Friday, April 6th 2018, 10:37am

Start my tablets today! Have already taken the first one this morning. Excited!
How's everyone else getting on?
Sparkle and CQCQ are you both on your injections now? How's that going?
Wannabee, where are you in your treatment now?
Dusky and hopefulgirl, have you started yet? Xxx
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

Friday, April 6th 2018, 10:43am

Hey Janelle how are you? That's exiting! :) how long are you take tablets for and do you go into injections then? We collected our meds yesterday and are starting nasal spray on Sunday. Excited to get started now. Hope everyone keeping well. I'd be lost without this for must check it at least 3-4 times a day lol

Friday, April 6th 2018, 11:40am

Hey Janelle, I am on day 16 of sprays and start injections (225) today for 13days (all being well) eekkk 6pm is my 1st one.
Had bloods Thursday as period was so late but thankfully bloods came back that I was good to go and P arrived later in day phewww
The first 10/11 days of spray the only side affects I had was a tickly throat and thought I had gotten away with mood swings etc but o no my poor parnter seen the devil in me over easter lol, only lasted for a few days and back to feeling good again.
How many days are you on tablets before injections?xx

Friday, April 6th 2018, 11:59am

18 days of tablets, then a 7 day break when I'll get a period then start injections for 11 days all being well.
Hopefulgirl, thsts exciting to get started on Sunday! I'm the same with the forum, I check it all the time. Like seeing how everyone is getting on.
Wanabeee, I'm glad you weren't delayed with your period being late. I'm sure your nervous/excited about getting started in injections, It'll feel more real with injections than jusr the spray or tablets. At least the mood swings didn't last long, our poor hubbys/partners though! Mind you we go through a lot more than them lol
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

CQCQ

Ace

Friday, April 6th 2018, 12:19pm

Hopefulgirl I’m the same sometimes I feel like I’m a stalker as I log on to see if anyone has wrote anything!!!!lol
Jannelle day 3 of injections for me and I have a sore head.... nothing to major like I’m not gonna take painkillers or anything I’m just struggling on haha
Very excited 1 minute then the next thing I’m worried sick thinking about the worst outcome!! X

Friday, April 6th 2018, 12:46pm

Exciting times ahead for us all, my test date is scheduled for the 6th May a month today. How crazy is that.
We just have to keep each other positive and sane and hopefully all will be ok...
period was 4days late it seems normal enough. The nurse had my other half well warned to expect it thankfully lol xx

Friday, April 6th 2018, 2:36pm

Wanbeee I'm sure your nervous and excited to start injections ul have to let us know how u get on. I'm looking forward to getting started on injections I think it'll all feel so real then. Crazy to think your test date is 1 month from today. CQCQ how are you finding injections? I'm the same exited 1 minute I'm excited then terrified the next but atleast we have eachother...Cqcq and janelle when is your test date? Girls have yous changed your diet much in the last few weeks? I know god love our partners lol the nurse yesterday told my partner to be ready for it aswell so at least their well prepared

Friday, April 6th 2018, 3:04pm

Think my planned test day will be 31st May, egg collection is planned for 14th may. I haven't been eating great over the last week or so with it being Easter and being off work all week, but I normally follow slimming world and will be getting back into that properly after the weekend x
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

Friday, April 6th 2018, 3:14pm

Just under 2 months Janelle,exciting!! My planned test date is a few days before u I think..we will be a bag full of nerves by that stage!lol I'm the same with the eating starting good again come monday...the closer it gets the worse I'm being lol are you doing acupuncture are reflexology?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hopefulgirl" (Apr 6th 2018, 3:15pm)

Friday, April 6th 2018, 3:43pm

Hopefulgirl I am soooo excited like really gitty today lol but really sore tummy from P so its mixed on and off all day.
I started healthy eating (Slimming world) in the new year and have lost a stone but a week before P there i have eaten all in sight and just about got it under control today.
I read online different individual stories and advice for helping follicle growth, the Main things seem to be protein (Eggs, Milk etc) Heat so will use hot water bottle and plenty of water.
I have reflexology every week have done for last month but its mainly for relaxation and keeping me positive I have always been into regular natural therapy.
Have acupuncture next week a week before EC and then will book for after transfer.
Havent been doing any exercise which is so strange as I used to go 3/4 times a week...I have just been taking advice of the girls on this forum and hope for the best xx

Friday, April 6th 2018, 4:07pm

That's brilliant wanaabeee..go you!!! I'm on the opposite scale of things and quite small so I've actually put on a stone in the last 6 months. It was a tough year last year due to a death in the family and just couldnt keep any weight on think it was just down to stress.. i was a bit of the small side my bmi was 18.5 it's now 19.7 so I'm happy with that compared to what it was... Ino they won't treat you if your bmi is too high and think its the same if your bmi is too low so thought I need to get my shit together!!
Im also am doing acupuncture once a week...i read its good to get it done before and after egg transfer- have you heard this? Also doing reflexology and just trying to relax as much as possible as I do tend to stress a bit lol are you going to fertility reflexology or just regular?
Thanks for the tips about on helping follicle growth I will be sure to follow this and read up on it.

Friday, April 6th 2018, 4:21pm

Good for you that is great that you were able to put a bit on, I am sure it is as hard as trying to lose it. Hopefully this is a happier year for you.
I did read that its good before EC and after ET not sure it does much in between must read up on it again. For my mental health the reflexology has been amazing, the lady I go to specialises in fertility so when I was on sprays down regulating she was do the same with the reflexology winding my body down rather and now next week when I got she will be stimulating me again along with the injections. She follows Barbara Scotts method don't ask who she is lol but that's the technique she follows.
If you have any tips def let us know also xx

Friday, April 6th 2018, 4:57pm

Thanks wannabee hoping its a happy year for us all we just have to stay positive!!
That's great, she sounds like she knows what she's doing. If know idea who Barbara Scott's is but definitely gona research her later... think the main thing is to keep the stress levels down and relax as much as possible..i was doing reflexology but the girl I went to doesn't specialise in fertility...there is no one in my hometown that specialises in it (Well not that I know off) so I will think about going further afield.
I read Brazil nuts are good for implation so will be stocking up on them too. I will try anything so if anyone has any suggestions please let us know xxx

Friday, April 6th 2018, 5:16pm

I'm not doing any reflexology or acupuncture. I used to do yoga and I might start again as it's good for relaxing and de stressing me.
When do you use the got water bottle, wanabeee? It that whilst your stimming to help the follicles grow? I might give that a go. I'm not a fan of Brazil nuts but I've heard pineapple (particularly the core) is good for implantation too so i might give that a go after ET x
My ICSI Journey

April/May 2018
Sept/Oct 2018

babydust

CQCQ

Ace

Friday, April 6th 2018, 5:43pm

I also heard that about Brazil nuts and pineapples... but here’s a stupid question coming... how the hell do u eat the core of a pineapple sure it’s hard?? ?o(
My test date is 3rd may all being well!! I’m finding doing the injections ok hubby won’t even try to do them he stands and watches me doing it though lol iv only had 5 in total so far and I’m telling use there is something happening on my left side already!!

I always was able to tell when I was ovulating naturally on my left side so I’m not surprised I can feel it there, roll on Monday to I get a scan to see what’s going in there!! X

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE