You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Joys

Ace

Reg: Mar 29th 2017

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 6:01pm

I planned to only take half a day for the ptc, two days for EC and one day for my et (booked as holidays) which was actually sufficient until the 2ww stress hit and I've been in meltdown... that & I've had horrendous pain from the progesterone gel plus a chesty cough. I managed to go to work today but by half 3 I was feeling awful and had to go home. It's very individual and you might find one part easy than another, however, I know if I have to go this again, I'll be booking the 2ww off as holiday! I was lucky that while I was moody on the spray, and a wee bit swollen on the injections, I was able to work.

I ended up telling my boss as it just made it a lot easier. I'm finding the whole process really tough.., I started the spray two months ago tomorrow and still my cycle isn't finished and I'm desperate to know now. Praying for a miracle.

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 6:12pm

Hi Ashastar

I have told my employer I’m having a surgical procedure as that is what my dr recommended. He said the less people knew the less pressure on me. My symptoms on the spray have been grand a few cramps here and there but I’m glad I’ve taken the time out to do this. You mentioned you have had a previous successful treatment can I ask if it was ICSI ? and if you have any tips on what to do from EC onwards I’m sure the rest of the girls would love to hear your story too .

Martha1

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 6:15pm

Hi Joys

Sorry to hear you have been unwell . I hope the rest of the two week wait gets better ( if that’s even possible)

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 6:49pm

Hope you feel better soon joys. It's a long road, definitely not for the faint at heart! Hope long until test day? Hopefully not feeling good is a good sign!

Martha I had planned on saying a surgical procedure too but I'm worried my boss will probe further and I don't know what I will say if she does. She's quite a good friend so I feel like I won't get away with being so vague. No I didn't have icsi, just IVF although my fresh cycle was unsuccessful and it was a fet a couple of months later that gave me my son. I just have one frozen embry left now. I haven't really any tips. The only stuff I did differently on my successful round was to take time off work and literally just lazed around watching to etc. I also ate pineapple and Brazil nuts for 5 days. No idea if that made any difference though lol!
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Reg: Sep 21st 2017

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 7:00pm

That’s great you have no side effects ashastar I didn’t really have any either. Just did my first injections absolutely fine just go for it when the time comes. Does anyone know why we still take the nasal sprays when we inject?

Reg: Aug 25th 2017

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 7:03pm

I told my boss in work, but for colleagues and stuff I said "a medical procedure", or "a medical procedure and treatment", or sometimes threw in the word "gynae" as well if I felt the need to be a bit less vague. Nobody asked any questions then!

Belfast I think it's to make sure none of the eggs that we're growing are released until they want them to be.

Martha1

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 7:16pm

Hi Belfast
I just did my first injection too. I have my first scan on Monday morning EC 0planbed fit 5th feb , how bout you ?

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Wednesday, January 24th 2018, 7:20pm

Joys I hope you feel better soon. When is test day? Martha I'm drink a glass of skimmed milk a day and a glass of pomegranate juice as well as about 3L water. Eating habits have got bad this past few days but I am back to greens and healthy tomorrow morning. I've read they recommend plenty protein. I don't think I could stomach pineapple juice or nuts. A little TMI but did anyone who has done injections find they were full of wind and did you do anything to keep yourself regular? I think its a build up of wind causing such bad cramps.

Martha1

Monday, January 29th 2018, 5:07pm

Hi girls had my first scan today 15 follicles on total 8 on right 7 on left ovary . Measuring between 8-10 , lining is currently 8.4. No idea if this is good or not lol. Medication increased from 225 to 300 second scan on Friday so hoping all is ok .

Monday, January 29th 2018, 5:35pm

Aw Martha that’s fantastic news i think that sounds really positive! How long were u in for I’ve got mine on Wednesday morning xx

Martha1

Monday, January 29th 2018, 6:38pm

Hi Belfast I was in no more than 10minutes . The doctors didn’t tell me my statistics just that he wanted to up my dose to make sure ego is full steam ahead. It was the nurse who showed me my follicles size etc on the screen . Good luck it really was over in a blink. I’m hoping the eggs will fill those 1( follicles

Monday, January 29th 2018, 8:46pm

Thats great it’s so quick. What dr did you see do u know? It’s all going very quickly now eek!

Martha1

Monday, January 29th 2018, 9:17pm

To be honest I don't have a clue he was in and out like a flash

Monday, February 5th 2018, 11:03pm

How is everyone getting on? Good luck to all of you having EC or ET this week.

Did anyone have any spotting while on synarel? I had my period last week and it was a bit lighter than normal and have had spotting when I wipe ever since. Freaking out in case it means the spray isn't working!
Ashastar

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 10:43am

Ashastar. That happened me and I rang and was told it was normal. I'm just heading down the road for my 5 day transfer all being well.

Reg: Jun 6th 2017

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 10:48am

Good luck Annie bell will be thinking of you let me know xxx

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 10:55am

Thanks anniebell. I don't remember ever having it before so was starting to worry. Good luck for your transfer!
Ashastar

Reg: Oct 12th 2017

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 12:10pm

Good Luck Anniebell xxxxxxx

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 12:10pm

Thanks girls. X

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 12:24pm

So much luck to you hon xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

tansy34

Reg: Jan 10th 2018

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 2:19pm

Hope the transfer went well Annie! Thinking of you xx

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 2:22pm

One great grade embryo transferred and one definitely for freezing. Another 2 going slow but still going so ring and check if they can be froze tomorrow. All done. Absolutely over the moon.

tansy34

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 2:24pm

fantastic! Delighted for you. Time to rest and take it easy xx

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 3:58pm

You said it! Can't wait to get the pyjamas on haha!

Reg: Jun 6th 2017

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 4:12pm

Oh brilliant anniebell. Delighted for you. Time to get the feet up and chill out-u deserve it. now for the 2ww! Xxx

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 6:01pm

Thanks Hopefulgirl. I actually never thought I would see the 2ww. This journey has taken that long.

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 7:57pm

Thanks for keeping us up to date with your journey Anniebell! Hope you can relax over the next few weeks and just look after yourself. Xx

Martha1

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 9:58pm

Hi ladies I'm in for my EC on Thursday morning ::P

Reg: Sep 28th 2016

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 10:09pm

Good luck Martha. Xx

Tuesday, February 6th 2018, 10:36pm

Good luck Martha xx

Martha1

Wednesday, February 7th 2018, 12:01am

Thank you ladies will keep you posted. :)

tansy34

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 11:20am

Hope EC went well Martha and wasn't painful for you xx

Martha1

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 4:05pm

Hi girls I'm home and have had a sleep we got 8 eggs I'm over the moon counting the minutes to I call in the morning to see how's it's gone .

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 4:15pm

Great news Martha, good luck for the phonecall

Reg: Oct 12th 2017

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 4:36pm

Delighted for you Martha xx

Martha1

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 4:41pm

Thank you ladies it was definitely an experience lo just hope they all fertilise x

Reg: Sep 28th 2016

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 5:42pm

Great news Martha. Xx

Thursday, February 8th 2018, 6:19pm

Great news. All crossed for you x

Martha1

Friday, February 9th 2018, 10:41am

Hi girls I made the nerve racking call today and we have 4 fertilised ::P

Joys

Ace

Friday, February 9th 2018, 12:03pm

Excellent Martha... always a relief. Enjoy today

Martha1

Friday, February 9th 2018, 12:15pm

Hi joys were you sore the day after EC I feel really tender

Friday, February 9th 2018, 12:28pm

Great news. X

Joys

Ace

Friday, February 9th 2018, 2:44pm

Hi Martha, I was a little tender but not too bad. I got accidentally cut during EC so was slightly sore for the afternoon but only had to take one dose of pain relief. They did say you could feel tender for a few days. My pain started with the crinone gel, I hated it. Best of luck for the next few days xx

Friday, February 9th 2018, 3:31pm

I second Joys. I hate the Crinone gel. But if you are in any doubt Martha call them. Better safe than sorry.

I am 3 days into the 2ww and today is the day I have convinced myself it hasn't worked. Doubts doubts. Now... at the risk of getting lynched. How early is too early to test a day 5 transfer? Now I know I shouldn't and I'm not really planning to but I thought if I were to cave in, how early is too early?

At the hospital the other night I could have swore I heard them discussing a negative urine sample but a positive blood test. I can't be sure it was me or even that I'm not adding 2+2 and getting 36. I'm trying to erase the memory.

I have a little tugging and pulling going on abdominally and food sugar cravings (hormones.. always) no spotting or anything like that.

This wait will end me.. I want everything yesterday. I have zero patience.

Joys

Ace

Friday, February 9th 2018, 4:57pm

Annie I was exactly the same, optimistic for the first few days then doubts start setting in. I also had blood tests done during the 2ww plus a scan to check for ohss and no mention of pregnancy so had convinced myself it was negative. I'm not sure how early you can test, I kept hearing stories of false positives due to the trigger shot (no idea if this is even true) but it made me hold off until test day but I'll admit I broke down crying countless times during the 2ww as it pretty much broke me mentally. Best of luck, it's so difficult but I have my fingers crossed for you xx

tansy34

Friday, February 9th 2018, 5:31pm

Delighted for you Martha! 4 is fab! Anniebell hope you're ok. I'm sure the waiting is just torture. Nothing anyone can say or do will make it go any quicker. I am not looking forward to mine, also want everything yesterday. This process has been sent to try us all I'm sure xxx

Reg: Apr 15th 2014

Friday, February 9th 2018, 8:11pm

Annie,

Fertility treatment definitely can be a test of patience. So I understand you wanted to know. If you test too early you are at risk of getting a false positive because of the trigger still in your system or getting a negative as there isn't enough hsg for the pregnancy test to pick up. If you are 3 days post transfer- your embryo is only starting to snuggle in. So it would be too early for the hospital to pick up. I liked reading this table each day to picture what my embryo was doing each day. The date the hospital give you to test is them being cautious that you don't get a false negative (and stop your crinone) or a false positive. TBH on both my previous treatments I didn't hold out to their date. I tested using an early response test at day 14, 9 days after a 5 day transfer - and both times got a positive result (sadly one resulted in a missed miscarriage). I found the hospital test pretty rubbish and both times I could barely see a line, where as shop bought ones a clear line. So have a back up or two just in case. Hope you have nice things planned for the next wee while to keep you occupied. Take care x

Day by Day After a 5-Day Transfer
Once your embryos have been transferred, you are essentially waiting for them to implant and for certain hormone levels to rise to order to sustain the pregnancy. This is a day by day look at what should happen following a successful transfer:
  • Day 1: The blastocyst begins to hatch out of the shell – this is called hatching. The cells will carry on dividing throughout this process.
  • Day 2: The blastocyst continues hatching and begins to attach itself to the uterine lining – this is an incredibly important part of the process.
  • Day 3: The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining and implantation begins. It’s perfectly normal to experience some bleeding or spotting around this time and it’s not a cause for concern.
  • Day 4: The blastocyst digs deeper into the uterus and attaches to the endometrial blood supply. Some people experience more bleeding at this stage, but a lack of bleeding or spotting also doesn’t mean that it has not been successful.
  • Day 5: Implantation is considered complete and the embryo is developing, along with the cells that will eventually become the placenta.
  • Day 6: Placenta cells secrete hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin), which is the hormone picked up in pregnancy tests. The hormone triggers increased progesterone release in the first trimester to enrich the uterus lining and sustain the growing embryo/foetus.
  • Day 7: The embryo is now a foetus and yet more hCG is present in the blood stream as the placenta continues to develop.

Friday, February 9th 2018, 10:34pm

Thank you Little Orchid. I will likely test on Wednesday which would be day 9. The range of emotions and doubts and positives in a day is unreal. That timetable is fantastic.

Fifs

Ace

Reg: Nov 19th 2017

Saturday, February 10th 2018, 7:07am

My goodness, I've been gone a week and came back on and it's crazy how much everything moves on. I know it must seem like a lifetime on the other end though! Good luck Annie, Martha and little orchid,... and anyone else I've missed.

For me I have the appointment to get my meds on Tues so being away has really helped as a distraction.

Saturday, February 10th 2018, 2:34pm

Yes good luck everyone! things starting to move for lots of us and so close for others!appointment for meds fri....let us know how you get on fifs!I'm starting a new job mid March either best or worst decision I've made! job at minute just not good for stress! though worried re timings as things moving quicker now than expected.... always the way! what will b will be.... good luck all xx