You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrsjasper

Megastar

• "mrsjasper" started this thread

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Sunday, October 1st 2006, 4:45pm

Driving

Am I ok to carry on driving? I can still fit behind the wheel (just!) and do an emergency stop if I need to. At what point does it get dangerous if at all? If I couldn't get out, I'd go mad!

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Sunday, October 1st 2006, 5:07pm

I don't think there is a limit to how long you can drive for as long as you are comfortable. I was told I couldn't drive when possibly in labour (even though I knew I wasn't).

I would say though if your bump is very close to the steering wheel you might be more wary. My main concern would be getting a bump of another car which activates the air bag as that can be very forceful! :(

Saz

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Sunday, October 1st 2006, 5:44pm

I drove right up until 3 days before I was induced!! I only didn't drive the last few cos I had nowhere to go!!

Rufus

Star

Children: One son, aged 8, daughter 1

Sunday, October 1st 2006, 6:16pm

Don't know for sure - but I couldn't reach the wheel the last three weeks! Lol Lesa xx
Keep smiling :happy:

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Sunday, October 1st 2006, 7:33pm

You stop driving when you are in labour... :D Basically as stated above, if you are comfortable, can still reach everything, your bump is not getting too close to the steering wheel and there is no medical reason for stopping then you can drive your car

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

IRISH

• "IRISH" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 15th 2006

Sunday, October 1st 2006, 9:47pm

when in early labour with dd1 i drove to tesco..done my shopping..got coal for the week..got petrol...collected ds1 from school then dh drove me to hospital where i gave birth 6 hours later 8o

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 1st 2006, 9:54pm

I drove up until the last day too. Picked DD1 up from school and went into labour that night.

IRISH

Sunday, October 1st 2006, 9:58pm

yeah think if someone put a time limit on it pregnant 'nesting' women wouldnt listen anyway...sooo much to do at this stage

mrsjasper

Megastar

Monday, October 2nd 2006, 8:36am

Thanks girls. I hadn't thought about the airbag Bagpuss, there still a bit of room between my bump and the steering wheel, so I'll keep going for now!

IRISH

Monday, October 2nd 2006, 8:43am

cant believe you're 38 weeks mrs j 8o gosh it wont be too long now :D

mrsjasper

Megastar

Monday, October 2nd 2006, 8:56am

Tell me about it 8o. I can't go anywhere without phoning both DH and MIL to tell them where I'm going and how long for, otherwise I get panicky messages on the answer phone asking where I am. As if I'd go into labour and drive myself to the hospital without telling anyone!

IRISH

Monday, October 2nd 2006, 9:00am

it has been known...i always drove around on the day...much to everyones nervousness 8o

gosh it is getting very exciting though...have messages still on my phone from last year when i was in hospital the few days before i had joe....people were txting me every 5mins....but its nice to look back at :D

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, October 2nd 2006, 10:23am

Mrs J you're like a ticking time bomb now :D

mrsjasper

Megastar

Monday, October 2nd 2006, 2:17pm

I feel like it! I'm still loving being pregnant though and I don't want to go POP just yet!

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Tuesday, October 3rd 2006, 1:03pm

Ypu also need to make sure that you're wearing the seat belt properly. The lap belt must go right under your bump not accross the tummy, and the strap goes between your boobs.
Apart from that there's no reason why you can't carry on.
I drove in labour too- drove back from MILs at 11pm and was in hospital and 4am!

Reg: Feb 13th 2006

Tuesday, October 3rd 2006, 3:22pm

ooh Mrs J...38 weeks....cant beleive it....Im 37 this week and reaaly thinking I ought to pack my bag now!!!!!

tee hee....never one to panic!!!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Wednesday, October 4th 2006, 8:35am

Thanks for the advice girls, Rose my seatbelt has been tucked way under the overhang long before there was ever a baby in there!

Tink, I keep packing and unpacking mine because I need things out of it! Yesterday it was mascara. Tomorrow I'm having a lash and eyebrow tint so I can still look gorgeous even during labour!

Decided against the bikini wax, if it starts to grow back and gets itchy and I have stitches as well, it could get really uncomfortable. Poor baby will have to crawl out through lots of fur!

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Wednesday, October 4th 2006, 10:18am

I am going to be bottoms down at time of delivery so noone will see my fur anyway! :P
Besides, 70s is soon back in fashion! (hairy that is)

Had to change the height of my handlebar on my bicycle last week to make up for lack of bendiness...
Driving is still pretty good, got a huge car that looks like it could smash any other car so people stay away from me :)
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Reg: Nov 14th 2005

Wednesday, October 4th 2006, 11:12am

i have had mine packed for weeks - i wear dp dressing gown which he moans about coz mine is tucked away ready.
off to a weddding this weekend - the bag is coming with us - i feel about ready to drop - esp with a large than average baby on board !

Reg: Feb 13th 2006

Thursday, October 5th 2006, 7:41am

Quoted

Originally posted by mrsjasper
Tink, I keep packing and unpacking mine because I need things out of it! Yesterday it was mascara. Tomorrow I'm having a lash and eyebrow tint so I can still look gorgeous even during labour!

Decided against the bikini wax, if it starts to grow back and gets itchy and I have stitches as well, it could get really uncomfortable. Poor baby will have to crawl out through lots of fur!

Mrs J me too...Im havin eyelash and eyebrow tint next week and haircut and highlight too.......am goin to ask hospital on Friday about deforestation requirements....if needed then will rope DH (poor bugger) into it!!!!!

HAve half packed my bag........still thats progress!!!!

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Thursday, October 5th 2006, 8:04pm

I was banned from driving by DH and my parents from about 33 weeks! It think as long as your a cautious driving (which I'm sure you are) and don't get wound up AND take your time it's ok, but I would personally get other people to ferry you around!

IRISH

Thursday, October 5th 2006, 8:48pm

Quoted

Originally posted by mrsjasper

rotflmao... :D :D fur? poor poor baby :D

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Friday, October 6th 2006, 11:06am

Mrs J - I felt for the surgeons who had to stick me up!! As El came early I didn't have time to do any deforestation!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE