You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Sunday, October 8th 2017, 9:25pm

Pray pray pray!!!

Joys

Reg: Mar 29th 2017

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 2:57pm

Just read on the Belfast telegraph website that the department of health has made £40m available to the trusts. So hopefully this will mean the current proposals won't go ahead for a short term at least. If anyone has any official info though, I'd be keen to read more about it.

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 5:00pm

Oh fingers crossed that's true, Joys! I really csnt stand more waiting!

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 5:50pm

Ive heard this. Please please God they save the RFC. My stomachs sick all week thinking about it

Daisydo

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 10:31pm

Please ladies if anyone heres anything no matter how small let us know x

Jo31

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 11:02pm

The proposed cuts were for 70 million, so even though they have got 40 million more they still have to make 30 million of the cuts. The 30 million we are told will be from low impact or no impact proposals.......so it's basically whether or not they think the ivf deferral is classed as low impact or not. We will have to wait until Friday for clarification.

Joys

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 11:19pm

From the consultation notes, IVF was classed as a major impact. In Belfast about half of their share of cuts were classed as low impact and half as major impact. I remember because I used it in my response to their questionnaire.

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 11:22pm

Thats true. IVF was a high impact. Maybe theres light at the end of the tunnel.

Jo31

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 11:54pm

It says at the meeting on Friday they will be asked to stand down all the high impact proposals, so that is good news then if ivf was classed as high impact!!! There'll be no reason on Friday not to stand them down with the money they have found??!!!

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 12:15am

Im actually afraid to breath Im so ready for this news. I had myself convinced it will shut as I couldn't face the news if I hadn't mentally prepared. Ive a little hope but still holding my breath Im so scared. This cut really affects me as I was told in July I was top of the list and that they are only waiting on donor sperm, I now know that has been ordered and it really should be a matter of weeks until I am called. I was/am already at the end of my tether with the wait, I honestly don't think I could stand another 5 months. Jo31, how do you know they are asking to drop all the high impact ones?

Joys

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 8:48am

Thanks for sharing. Gosh I've been so stressed out about this.

Reg: Oct 12th 2017

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 10:03am

I called the clinic this morning and they have been told to carry on as normal with their duties, so letters should resume within the next few weeks again. She said as they were ahead of themselves everyone should hopefully still receive when they expected. So happy!!!!!

Jo31

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 10:09am

Hopefully nothing more will delay anything!!! :)

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 10:10am

Fingers crossed, the girl gave me her name and told me to call her back at the end of the month and keep in touch which I thought was so nice.

Daisydo

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 11:16am

I am expecting mine next week as it will be 8 months on the waiting list and i know they had already sent out the start of january around a month ago so hopefully we are soon and have no set backs x

Jo31

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 4:04pm

I don't know how you are all doing this, I'm not even on to the list yet and it's sickening, just found out my brother and his wife are expecting, it'll be my first niece/nephew and all I want is to be expecting as well.

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 4:19pm

Jo31, each day as it comes. I know my sanity is on the edge with all of this. Im a snappy horrible person these days. I had recently news of pregnancy within the family as well and I shut down completely but then felt awful guilty. I didn't want them to not be pregnant but I was devastated. I didn't know how I would face the coming months, the big announcements, the excitement. I was happy for them but unhappy for me. Unfortunately they lost the baby, I cried a river for them, for me and for all of us.

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 4:47pm

I have a wide family circle and friends also, not a month goes by that someone very close isn't telling me their news and I have to be honest I have learned to just be overjoyed. It was very hard a few years ago when we first started out. Had my only nephews 1st birthday yesterday and it was such a special day just can not wait until he has a wee friend to play with! Just keep positive and while I am waiting for letter trying to be as healthy as possible and enjoy life.

Jo31

Thursday, October 12th 2017, 5:00pm

Only found out today that they are pregnanf, I was so excited I could hardly drive but now it sunk in, knowing that it wasn't planned or anything is the killer. But I'll be better and back to my excited state tomorrow. Thank you

Friday, October 13th 2017, 1:07am

In the Newsletter
Anniebell has attached the following file:

Friday, October 13th 2017, 10:34am

Definitely saved. Rang earlier

Daisydo

Friday, October 13th 2017, 10:35am

So does that mean our treatments are still going to go ahead

Daisydo

Friday, October 13th 2017, 10:36am

Just seen your reply anniebell lol woohoo thank god for that

Friday, October 13th 2017, 11:08am

I know. Thank goodness

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Friday, October 13th 2017, 11:13am

Thanks so much for all the updates here! I'm so happy and feel like a big wait had been lifted from my shoulders! Here's to successful cycles for us all very soon xxx

Reg: Jun 6th 2017

Friday, October 13th 2017, 6:26pm

So this means the cuts to ivf definitely aren't happening? I'm so happy right now after reading all your comments thanks for the updates girls. Definitely feel like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders. Have been browsing the news looking for confirmation but have seen nothing from today apart from what ive seen on here.

Friday, October 13th 2017, 9:45pm

News has been covering it on the radio all afternoon. All but one of the proposals within the Belfast Trust was scrapped. Clinic is definitely staying open for the forseeable anyway. Girl on phone also told me there had been a meeting yesterday to tell them all their jobs were safe

Joys

Friday, October 13th 2017, 9:56pm

That's fabulous news! I'm relieved but also what unnecessary stress. Nevertheless, let's hope we all get our letters and appointments soon :)

Friday, October 13th 2017, 10:30pm

I know. It was so unnecessary. I could have done without that stress and worry. Its all ok now though and we can all continue on.

Reg: Sep 21st 2017

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 4:30pm

So relieved about this news!!

Reg: Aug 25th 2017

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 12:35am

Super news! So where are we in our timeline with letters?we Wenger on icsi list start of April!I think last I read it was letters for those on the list in January?x

Daisydo

Sunday, October 15th 2017, 7:50am

Hi Violetrose around 3 weeks ago they were on people who signed 10th of january, i signed 21st feb still waiting on mine, would love to know if someone got a letter recently and when they signed x

Reg: Aug 8th 2017

Monday, October 16th 2017, 11:41pm

Hello everyone. I phoned on Friday and they said no letters will be sent until the end of the month. I went on the list in April and the lady told me it would be January before I get my letter. Hope this helps. I was hoping to get my letter next month but it seems to be a 9 month wait now xx

Daisydo

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 8:36am

Theres always bad news am waiting on post man every day now theres no point lol i really cant see light at the end of the tunnel anymore seems to always be set backs. Thank for the update though stardust at least i know to leave it a month before starting to stawlk the post man agaib lol xxx

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 4:42pm

Hi Stardust I went on the list on 27th April and was always told 9 months but depending on the intake it might be quicker so i was always waiting for it in December/January, they should just tell everyone 9 months so we don't get our hopes up. I am just hoping it will fly in as the last 6months have. Hope you are not too upset. I was told when I called last week that it will take them a few weeks to get back to sending letters out but they were ahead of themselves so still on plan for the 9 month schedule but might be able to pull it back. Hope they do.

Daisydo

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 8:58pm

Hi ladies,

Can someone explain to me what happens when you recieve your top of the list letter? The time frames until apppointments and how long it takes to acutually go threw the ifv/icsi? Its all i can think of am driving myself mad x

Reg: Aug 8th 2017

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 9:22pm

Thanks Wanabeeeeee. I agree the six months have gone very quick. It'll be January in no time and in the meantime I've plenty of events coming up to keep me busy. I will let you know as soon as I get my letter.

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 3:53pm

Hi Ladies
It has been a few months since I have been on here. My husband and I went onto the list on November 19th 2016 after trying naturally for 10 years with no joy. We got the letter we reached the top the 16th July 2017. Unfortunately due to my husband having an operation we decided it best to defer for the three months ( absolutely a really hard decision to make :( ) . This referral has now took us up to the 8th of October . As you can imagine I was straight on the phone on Monday 9th Oct thinking that it would be just a case of saying yep I'm ready to go now and then a letter would be sent out. Nope the call didn't go as I expected.... I have been told that the quota for letters has been send this month and the next intake will be 30th October but there is no guarantee I will be on it even then as there are other couples which deferred around the same time as me which will be taken first. So ladies there is a possibility that couples who deferred are going to be taken first before the list is continued again. The lady explained this backlog wouldn't normally have happened but there was issues about funding. I know its only two weeks to wait but after nearly a year ( I know three months of that was down to me) it is just dragging....what do you all think my chances are of being seen for treatment for ICSI before Christmas?

Daisydo

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 4:30pm

Hi martha awe the wait is awful isnt :( we are hoping our letter will come soon to, they told me they will start sending letters on the 30th oct to, the lady said they normally send 10 a week but she said because of the hold the last few weeks because of the funds ect. They mite end up sending a few more than 10 to make up for the weeks there when none were sent if you know what i mean she said at the latest i should have my letter by the 3rd week in nov, so i think it wll be around xmas by the time i get my meds ect. Cus it seems to take around a month to get to that stage so if you get urs start of nov you could well be mid trearment by xmas x

Martha1

Friday, October 20th 2017, 4:56pm

Thank you Daisydo...this waiting is the worse. Sure keep me posted and if I hear anything I will let you know ? That way timings for letters going out could be estimated lol

Martha1

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 11:41am

Hi Girls I called the RFC yesterday to be told I was third on the list but that the girl who deals with lists wouldn't be back until today. I called this morning to be told that there was a validation meeting??? and letters will be sent out next week . Not sure if I will be one of the lucky ones as its likely to be the ones that should have been sent by now but that were held off due to the funding issues. The girl in the administration office was great and tried to put me at ease but having had to defer for three months its coming up to a year on the 19th November since we went on the list and the whole thing is starting to make me so emotional :( . I turn 38 in February (I know that's not old lol) but i'm starting to feel my time is ticking by. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 10 years so I know another few weeks shouldn't make a difference . I hope all you girls are keeping good and this waiting time is passing quickly for you all as it did for me in the beginning.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Martha1" (Oct 24th 2017, 11:44am)

Daisydo

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 10:18pm

Hi martha please keep me updated if you get ur letter fingers crossed xx

Martha1

Thursday, October 26th 2017, 10:10pm

Hi called RFC today and have been told that if letters go out next week ome will be coming to me as I'm number 3 on the list....I'm so excited but nervous at the same time

Daisydo

Friday, October 27th 2017, 7:20am

They send out 10 a week they told me :) aw i bet ur delighted martha you will be checking for the post man ever day lol keep us posted, they told me id be the 3rd week in if they start going out next week x

Martha1

Monday, October 30th 2017, 10:57am

So I called this morning only to be told they still have not gotten the go ahead? That it will be at least another 2/3 weeks. I'm absolutely devastated...I know it's ahead of me and some of you may think why do I call and do this to myself lol. Going by what's on here I'm not the only lady to be told the 30th...another 3 weeks

Jo31

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 4:46pm

I had our first consultation in August, was meant to have my 2nd consultation next week on Thursday, got a letter today saying apt has been postponed to December 7th........not exactly what I was I was hoping.

Martha1

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 7:11pm

Hi Jo31 what treatment are you going for? Was the first appointment to go on the waiting list and the 2nd to start treatment? Sorry for all the questions I'm just starting to think that everything is going to be pushed back to the NewYear

Jo31

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 7:46pm

This was only the review to get put on the list, I’m so impatient and I was hoping next week I could start the countdown. I’m so disappointed as I’m not even on the list and it’s not something I expected in the post today.
I rang and the man was lovely, said he could give me the number for a lady who deal me with cancellations, but cancellations would be so rare, everyone is dying for the appointments and they would rarely cancel anything.
I’m going to ring tomorrow and look at the options for a private review apt and what way that works, if they can use the information from all the tests we have had so far.

Reg: Aug 25th 2017

Tuesday, October 31st 2017, 10:22pm

Hi girls
This is all very frustrating!
Just seeing if anyone has read Izzy judds book dare to dream about her experiences with IVF. .I found parts of it helpful though realise everyone's experience is different!x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE