You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Rosebud22" started this thread

Reg: Sep 28th 2015

Children: None

Saturday, July 16th 2016, 3:16am

Anyone starting RFC treatment October/November

I went on waiting list 21st April and rang as I had a trip away I was going to go on in November but was told I'd get my letter in October and start in November. Just looking to see if anyone else is this time frame too so we can keep each other company xx

Reg: Jul 5th 2016

Tuesday, July 19th 2016, 7:58am

:clap Hi Rosebud!

Im a newbie myself, what treatment are you having? ive to have IVF i went on the List on Feb but have no idea when I will be called. Been TTC for over 3 years with my partner had all the tests but been classed as UNEXPLAINED :-( grrrrr hate that word but hopefully it wont be long till we are both on our way to getting our wee baba xx :thumbsup:

Reg: May 12th 2016

Tuesday, July 19th 2016, 9:12am

Hi Rosebud and allthatglitters, I was placed on the waiting list at end of january and i recieved my letter for treatment on saturday, so the waiting list seems to be just under 6 months at the minute. I have to wait until thursday to ring for my appointment as they only let u ring on a thurs/friday!! so annoying as i just want my dates but only a few more days to wait after all these months so ill just have to keep being patient!!

Allthatglitters u shouldnt have too much longer to wait now if u went on the list in feb :thumbsup: xx

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 3:48am

Hey allthatglitters we have been ttc for 5+ years when we first attended grove, our problem is male factor my partner had a zero spern count but last time we were up (April 2016) our consultant dr McFaul said his spern count had improved but was still 10 times lower than the average. It's a long journey ours started in January 2015 and finally I'm on the waiting list but judging by Rebecca's posts it will probs be 2017 before I get treatment. We are having ICSI treatment. I hope we both get success stores and u too Rebecca. Keep me posted how u both get on, tho it shouldn't be much longer for u now.

Rebecca that's brilliant news Do u know what u will get ur schedule?xx

Thursday, July 21st 2016, 9:54am

Hi Rosebud, I rung this morning thinking i would get appointment over the phone but they said it would be sent out next week in the post!! Ahh the waiting game continues!! will keep u all updated.xx

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 11:33am

Hi Rebecca & Rosebud

Its so nice to hear from someone else local as sometimes you feel like your the only person in the world on this journey with all the waiting, Rebecca are you having IVF? Flip I hope the waiting list is only 6 months, although saying that when I get the letter I will probably have a heart attack as like yourselves im sure you feel this whole ttc has been a rollercoaster of a ride :poketongue2:

I originally went to GCRM in Belfast in January and got to speak to Dr Abajae who just so happens to be the NHS fertility expert too. We had AMH tests and internal scans done here (cost over £500) eeek! but it saves a 6 month waiting list to have these done on the NHS! He said that IVF would be the better treatment to have since i was classed as unexplained and because of my age and was able to put me on the NHS List from this which was great. He found out that I had an overactive thyroid (something which my GP had missed for 2 years) shy1 and would certainly affect fertility. I was referred to an endrocinologist who was able to give me tablets and its now stabilized thank God!

Im so pleased to be able to speak to you girls as its so hard to express myself to people who have never been through infertility. My Partner is fantastic and so patient Bless him but its lovely having another girly or 2 to chat too!

Rosebud I hope you hear soon Fingers crossed for you too Rebecca xx :rainbow:

Friday, July 22nd 2016, 1:39pm

Hi allthatglitters, I'm glad your finding this forum useful, it's great to chat to others going through the same thing, none of us choose to be in this situation and when your surrounded by couples who seem to have no bother at all it's great to know your not alone.

We need ICSI due to MFI, morphology is the issue. We originally went to GCRM thinking now we know wat the problem is it should be simple and didn't want to wait any more. How I was wrong!! Treatment seemed to go great with 29 eggs at egg collection we thought we were flying but by day 3 there was only 3 good ones. A fresh transfer and FET later both BPN at GCRM we are now top of NHS waiting list. With our eggs it was quantity over quality. Should get appointment in post next week to start treatment so fingers crossed it is successful this time.

Try to keep urself busy while waiting cause it would drive u crazy!! xx

Saturday, July 23rd 2016, 3:29am

Hey ladies I'm the same I'm so grateful that I have found this forum it gives great advice support and somewhere to just let it all out. I come from a large family 4 brothers and 4 sisters I'm the youngest at 29 all the girls have children and 2 of the boys do one is only married a few years and the other has only started dating a girl, so none of them understand at all. My mum asks from time to time but I don't feel she full understands nor do I feel she wants to. I'm the same tho my partner is brilliant he keeps me calm when I'm stressing and is a god send has the patience of a saint (he needs to tho as I'm very easily stressed lol)

I'm redecorating my whole house at the minute to try and keep my mind off things and I find its helps, tho I still have days where I think enough waiting already lol but hopefully it will all be worth the wait : D : D

Is it just me or do any of you two seem to notice every single pregnant woman these days it's all I seem to see? I seen one recently and I wasn't pleased at all, she's a young mother with a child at 2 and she is now preg with twins, I seen her smoking away and as if that wasn't bad enough I seen her drinking carlsberg and wkd two days in a row-I got really angry and upset thinking why do things come so easily to those who don't appreciate it, made me wonder took me a few days to get back to normal and focus on myself and not others as much.

What age are you ladies if you don't mind me asking? At least Rebecca we can watch your journey and see what is in store for us lol hopefully ur letter comes at the start of the week so that ur not waiting any longer than you have to xxx

Monday, July 25th 2016, 8:04am

Hi Rosebud

Aw redecorating the house will take your mind off things for a while which is good ::P yes all I see is women with bumps theres a girl in my work and shes now on to her third child since i've been here , I am genuinely happy for her but I cant help but feeling 'what is wrong with me' and 'will I ever be a mammy' its awful.

I am 38 my partner is 37 and we have been together 4 years, I was married before and we tried 4 years to conceive had all the tests done as well but still classed as unexplained, for a while I was obsessing with the techniques and ovulation timing but it was making me a nervous wreck so I had to calm it down a bit ;(

I think the waiting list for IVF is a year so I have a fair bit to go yet, so really trying anything to stay calm, ive been having reflexology which is great

Ive a wee friend and she had IVF a couple of months ago and shes now pregnant! Im so happy for her shes 32 and got 1 egg implanted back in , ive heard the most your allowed is 2, which im going to push for.

Hope to hear from yous soon :thumbup:

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 2:29am

Allthatglitters I really hope it works for u and ur partner I'd be so please for u. I'm 29 and my partner is 29 now on Wednesday 27th we have been together 8 & 1/2 years. We have been ttc for over 5 years but because of my operation we put it down to that and stress for the most part then when everything calmed down I knew something wasn't right.

When we were put on the waiting list we were told 9 months to 1 year but thankfully I rang up and& they told me over the phone that it was only 6 months and I'd hear word in October. Maybe that's because we are getting ICSI treatment. I've waiting list must be a bit longer but you should ring RFC at the grove and ask how long the waiting list is u might get a nice wee surprise :)

It's so handy for people who live up that direction to get to the Royal and grove, I have to travel whole way up the glenshane and more to get there it can be tiring that travel and esp when now in November I'll be travelling to the mater hospital again to see my surgeon. I'm on an antibotic every day for the past 7 years and it tends to make me tried when I travel.

There's no one close to me that's gone through this so I don't really have anyone to chat to that understand nor are there any wee support groups near me, so I love coming on here and chatting to you ladies. Xx

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 8:40am

starsmile Hi Rosebud,

Aw my heart goes out to you having to deal with the operation on top of everything else, honestly it would really get you down. No matter how hard you try and forget about it and 'let things happen naturally' your mind never really leaves the fact being a mum is the most important thing in the world!

That Glenshane pass is a nightmare on its on its own im sure your head is turned trailing so many miles for appointments :-( I do hope and pray that it all work out for you though as your journey has been so so long :-(

I know what you mean some people don't like to talk about fertility issues but I find this wee site gives me a boost as you girls are actually going through it as well and experiencing all the same emotions, sadness and stressful times.

Wouldn't it be great to be rich so we could just pop along to a private clinic and have this all sorted in one day : D ..(if only)

Is there a special number for the grove or do we just ring the RFC and ask to be put through?

Thanks so much for these wee chats...they keep me going another wee while lol

Have a good day mrs

:flowers:

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 1:03pm

Hi Allthatglitters and Rosbud, i got my letter in the post so I have an appointment for bloods at end of August and another one with nurse re: treatment protocol middle of September. Seems like a good while away yet but at least the ball is rolling!! think that even tho the first letter comes around 6 months by the time u actually get started it is more like 8 months. As long as it works out well that is the main thing i suppose!!

Im 31 and my hubbie is 30, been TTC for 3 years with no success at all. Hopefully second time round works and we have our much wanted baby. I know exactly how you feel cause it really seems that every woman i know is pregnant or has just had a baby!! Although hubbie is understanding i dont confide in anyone else cause i dont know antone who i think would understand! Such a difficult situation to be in cause it is soo emotionally draining. I do find this forum helps tho so we can keep in touch and follow each others journeys xx

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 1:11pm

Hi Rebecca

Ah so pleased you got your letter! that is the ball well and truly rolling now, its exciting and scary at the same time but heres hoping you get your little bundle at the end of this Journey. bab13 As much as we love our hubbies to bits its nice to have another girlie going through the same situation to talk to! I actually look forward to our wee discussions everyday lol!

Are any of you like me and have baby names that you like picked?

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 2:04pm

Exactly Allthatglitters its great to have another outlet to chat!!

Lol!! Sounds like im not half wise but in my first round of ICSI and FET, after the embryos were returned I did think of names and would wonder whether if it was a little boy or girl embryo!! Then all hopes were totally dashed when I got the BFN!! For the fresh cycle I had one returned and with FET I had 2 returned so with FET I kept imagining what if i had twins and what i would call them lol!! Always knew the girl names but could never fully decide on boy names!!

do u have names picked Allthatglitters? xx

Wednesday, July 27th 2016, 9:07am

Hi Rebecca,

Lol I feel the same but names keep changing as the years go on, the names i like my partner doesnt, so when it eventually happens there is going to be some heated discussions regarding names in our household :scream: lol

Sorry to sound silly but is FET The frozen Transfer? Can you choose how many emybros go back in?

Wednesday, July 27th 2016, 9:25am

Yes FET is frozen embryo transfer :)

At GCRM for fresh transfer, they advised us to go for one and we were so convinced it would work that we agreed for one (could have transferred two if we really wanted). Then after BFN they advised to transfer the two remaining embryos and thats wat we did.

Think its a bit different in RVH but all depends on the quality of the embyos with max of two being allowed.

Thursday, July 28th 2016, 9:36am

Thanks for the info Rebecca

Depending on the egg collection I am going to ask to have 2 put back in, just wish it was happening sooner rather that later!

Is ICSI painful? im a bit of a wuss and I actually though that you were knocked out for egg collection, but i hear that your not! :-( xx

Friday, July 29th 2016, 4:02am

Hey ladies how have you two been keeping?
I've had a busy few days was my partners birthday.

How's the waiting game going?lol I looked at the Callander today I've 12 weeks left before I get my letter to ring to get my first appointment times flying by this past 3 months since we got put on waiting list.

Aw allthatglitters are u worried about EG and ET, I have a very high pain threshold but when I'm anxious/nervous it's not so high (so I'd say the treatment be a nightmare for me) give me injections any day of the week lol

I've a few names picked I liked Colby/Troy/Travis/Theo for boys and Callie/Esme/picked for girls And on my unisex list are Aubrey, Robyn, Harlee and Sydney.

Have you ladies any names that u have picked? Everytime I hear an unusual name I write it down so that I remember it lol

I was just about to ask the same Rebecca is EC & ET painful?xx

Friday, July 29th 2016, 8:59am

Hi ladies, hope you are both doing well?

Im good, trying to keep busy but the next round of ICSI is always at the back of my mind! Really hope it is successful this time. Even tho I am quite close it still feels ages away!! Think its worse this time cause everything happened quite quickly with GCRM as no waiting lists!

I found the egg collection the worst but really it was just quite uncomforable more than anything! Mine was made worse because I had so many eggs so I was quite swollen and they had so many to physically take out. The egg transfer both times however was no bother at all, feels more like a smear test and it was over and done with quite quickly.

All in all both EC and ET are bearable and if they help towards getting that bundle of joy then they just have to be done. xx

Friday, July 29th 2016, 11:12am

:hugs: Hi Girls

Rosebud im glad you had a nice time for your partners birthday its wee things like this can help take the mind of things and help relax you too.

I absolutely love the name Theo its so cute, I also like Louie and Jude. My partner likes the name Teddy which im very surprised at as hes so plain when it comes to names. For a girl i love the names Isla, Jessica and Emelie with Grace as a middle name.

Ah all this name talking gets me so excited that someday soon it could really happen :thumbsup:

Rebecca your soo right we would go through any pain to have a little one and im hoping for all of us its very soon, my mum is just busting for a wee grandchild xx :hugs:

Friday, July 29th 2016, 1:40pm

Both of your names choices are lovely!! I totally forgot to tell you my names!!

For a little girl I love Sophie or Aimee but boy names I find harder, I like Ethan for a boy but can never think of others!! My names are quite plain lol!! I always hope that close friends or family dont use them before I have the chance!! Must look for more options! xx

Saturday, July 30th 2016, 4:33am

Thanks for explaining about EC and ET Rebecca make me feel a bit prepared now I'm one of these ppl that would rather know beforehand so I can get my mind used to it. I really hope this cycle is successful for you and for us too allthatglitters.

With this being ur second round of ICSI Rebecca at least your not going in blind u know exactly what to expect tho id say the waiting wasn't nice esp if it was so quick last time. I think worst case senario for me is if it doesn't work then I would make go for the access fertility at £10000 were I would get three tries and if they all fail at least I'd be getting money back, and also at least that would be 3 goes, as I'm sure ur first round wasn't cheap. Do you have any children at all Rebecca? I know allthatglitters doesn't as I seen she had written her mum is just busting for a grandchild. I don't have any children tho I do have 19 Nieces and nephews in total (I've been an auntie since I was 7 years old) the oldest is a boy at 22 and the youngest is a little boy who is 8 months.

Rebecca did you do anything to prepare for treatment diet wise? Or medication wise? Ive just started taking folic acid not sure if I'm supposed to or not but I would be taking them if I was trying to get pregnant so thought what the heck I'll give them a go. I've heard acupuncture is supposed to help, so I'm thinking of starting it soon. Are you thinking of doing acupuncture or anything allthatglitters? I've seen somewhere on this forum something about drinking plenty of milk before or after EC/ET must have a nosey tomorrow see if I can find where exactly it was I had seen it.

Aw all the names are lovely aimee for a girl is lovely Rebecca. Allthatglitters I know a little boy called Teddy it's unusual wee name & the little boy is super cute too. I have a book I write names down in just added Noah & Kristopher to it & Sienna as first name and Rose as middle name, because my middle name is rose.

My father, brother & my brothers son all have the same first & second names and I'm named after my mum we both have the same first name so that's always an option too tho don't think my name would be cute enough for a baby lol

Speak to u soon ladies xxx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rosebud22" (Jul 30th 2016, 4:37am)

Saturday, July 30th 2016, 10:48pm

No worries Rosebud

Saturday, July 30th 2016, 10:49pm

Ahhhh I typed a big long response and above is all that shows up!!!

Saturday, July 30th 2016, 11:01pm

I'll Try again!! No we don't have any children but plenty of nieces and nephews so we have picked up a few parenting tips in preparation for our own lol!!

Sometimes I think It's a bad thing that I've been through it before cause I know now wat failure feels like - twice!! Last time we were confident cause GCRM kept saying that we had a really good chance of it working! Hubbie reckons that we spent about £7000 in total with ICSI and FET which is a lot of money for two negative pregnancy tests!! Looking back we were so nieve and didn't really consider access fertility but if RVH isn't successful that's the way we would go cause it's £10000 or ur money back if not a baby in your arms.

Didn't really do much in preparing last time but tried to eat healthy and took multi vitamin to include folic acid! I did consider acupuncture but the ladies on here said it was only good for relaxation which would be a bad thing considering how stressful this whole thing is!!

Ur names are lovely Rosebud. So hard to pick but would love to be at the stage for real, one day hopefully!! xx

Reg: Nov 12th 2015

Monday, September 12th 2016, 6:02pm

Hi everyone , just wondering if anyone is starting treatment soon, I started taking tablets yesterday and injections start of October, egg collection planned for 13 October X

Monday, September 12th 2016, 10:48pm

Hey wilkinson14 great news that u have finally got started, chuffed for u. I'm still here waiting lol rang today and they said I will be getting my letter in October so not too long to go now. How u finding the tablets? Hope ur keeping well xxx

Tuesday, September 13th 2016, 8:06am

That's great Wilkinson!

Excited for you! Rosebud when did you go on the list? are you both having IVF? Im having IVF and was put on the list in April and was told it would be 6 months before I hear anything....this waiting is quite stressful :-( xx

RAS

Reg: May 3rd 2016

Tuesday, September 13th 2016, 8:29am

Hi all, I'm day 6 of taking Synarel nasal spray and waiting for my period to arrive to move onto injections on the 23th with proposed EC on 5th Oct. We are having ICSI and were added to the waiting list at end of Nov 2015. Got letter at end of June to say we were top of the list (so about 7 months waiting time but I think wait is longer over the Summer due to hols).

Tuesday, September 13th 2016, 3:50pm

Hi all, looks like I'm just a little bit behind RAS and wilkinson14, my egg collection is scheduled for last week of October. Let's hope we all end up with BFPs at the end of it!! I'm due to start tablets next week so let's hope it all goes well!! x

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 3:07am

Goodluck ras & Rebecca on ur journey I hope and pray that you both get the outcome you so very much deserve. Keep is posted on ur progress, as I love hearing how EC and ET goes for others so that I can kind of get an idea what to expect xxx

Allthatglitters I was put on the waiting list 21st April and when i rang on Monday lady on the phone told me I'd be getting my letter in the middle of October was quite excited on Monday but now I've found out that my sister is pregnant again so my heart has sank a little today hard pill to swallow. We are getting ICSI as our fertility problems are male factor. Hopefully we both start together allthatglitters so that we can be cycle buddies.

I love this wee forum so much it's my go to for advice, inspiration, hope and usually just for a rant of some sort. Apart from my partner I don't have anyone else to talk to as none seems to think it's a big deal, when to me this is the biggest thing in my life ever, and the most stressful situation to be in. Sorry for the rant lol

Goodluck ras and Rebecca and of course u too wilkinson xxx

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 7:58am

Hi Rosebud

Don't feel guilty about ranting honestly im the same my friend just found out shes pregnant (accident)! with her third and I near choked! if only I could have a wee accident like that!

I went to a Clairvoyant/fortune teller last week, now I don't usually believe in that sort of stuff but my friend wanted to go so I tagged along, before I got my coat off she said (in her words) 'love I know your finding it hard to have a little one atm but don't worry it will happen, she said you have a tilted uterus and your doing it at the wrong times she said I should be Bding when my af is just about to go as my ovulation is funny, honestly I near fell off the seat.

I will take her advice though! Aw hope we are going through the cycle together we vcan keep each other company on this

spk soon xx

Friday, September 16th 2016, 3:07am

Aw I hope we are cycling at the same time too be nice to have a bit of company even if it's only online lol

Aw I went to a fortune teller few years ago she was called Linda green, my friend had told me about her so I travelled to see her she was good but at that time told me more about my family than me, she was spot on with everything so might give her another go in next few weeks to see if there's anything she can tell me now. That's so freaky that she was able to tell ur having fertility problems and to ogives u some advice too!! She sounds like a good one.

Did u give the RFC a call? I'm hoping to get my letter in around 21st October as I was put on the list 21st April. What date did u go onto the list? I don't live near Belfast so it's slot of travelling for us I don't mind because I attend the mater hospital as well for my other health problems but having more fertility facilities throughout the north west would be if such a great benefit for those like me who live far away.

At least I know u feel the same way as me when someone announces their pregnancy, this will be my sisters 6th her youngest is 10 months and oldest is 18. All 4 of my sisters have children of their own I sometimes feel really left out or inadequate at times.I find Xmas the worst when they are all shopping for Santa things and all the excitement in their houses I tend to get very depressed around Xmas but I'm hope this year I will be in good spirits as by Xmas next year I could have my own little one to have Xmas magic with xxx

Friday, September 16th 2016, 8:13am

I hear ya girl!!

Christmas is the hardest time I think as you see family and friends out with their kids! Aw its not good you have to travel so far for appointments and the initial treatment, im lucky I only live about a 15 min drive but im sure it will be worth it in the end happydance

The girl I went to was Michelle Chestnutt shes based in Antrim, she was really good! I signed the papers in Feb but when I rang them in July the lady told me that I was officially on the list on the 9th of April and that the list was 6-9 months long, but according to a few girls on here they got their letter after 6 months so fingers crossed for us!

Spk soon xx happydance

Friday, September 16th 2016, 4:06pm

Hi allthatglitters, my friend went to Michelle Chestnutt and the stuff she knew and was able to tell her was unbelievable. I was really tempted to go but I am so scared that she would tell me I was never going to have a child so I never could go!!!

That's very frustrating that ur not on the list from when your supposed to be!! It's such a long wait and even once u get the letter it all takes time. I got my letter mid July but it will be mid November by the time I'm finished treatment and know if it was successful or not!! Just have to keep thinking that it won't matter if outcome is positive!!

Yep same here with friends and family being pregnant!! Everyone has now moved to second, third and forth children with no bother at all and here I am still waiting on number one!!! So frustrating!! xx

Yogamini

Reg: Jul 4th 2016

Saturday, September 17th 2016, 9:25am

Hi girls.

I hope you don't mind me joining you? I'm currently waiting on letter from RFC.. Went on waiting list start of Feb. My partner has just received a letter to make appt at Royal for Sperm storage incase sample on the day of EC is not useable. Our issue is MF, although my age is also a factor (turning 40 in Dec!)Think I should get offer letter about 2 weeks after his appt.

We've had 2 unsuccessful cycles with GCRM..1st round in May 2016..2 embryos transferred..BFN. 2nd round in Sept 16, nothing to transfer.. Only 1 egg collected out of 6 follicles (we did not expect that!). Totally gutted .. Waiting for review appt to figure out what might have happened.

Great to hear some of you ladies have started your treatments..I will look forward to hearing your stories as I'm new to the Royal. Am feeling nervous incase our next cycle is another failure. We've already taken out a 10,000 bank loan to pay for our cycles and theres no refund with access fertility due to my age. Hoping and praying for success as this will probably be our last go!

Saturday, September 17th 2016, 12:58pm

Hi yogamini, you are more than welcome!! This journey is such a hard one so I hope you find comfort from this forum and know that you have people to answer your questions and to have a moan to whenever you need it!!

I have been through GCRM as well which was unsuccessful and now waiting to start my treatment next month with RFC so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Let's hope you can get started again soon and have a successful cycle next time. xx

Yogamini

Saturday, September 17th 2016, 6:15pm

Thanks Rebecca. Have you started treatment? I sincerely wish you all the luck in the world that this is your time!

Will be good to follow you on your journey. I am looking forward to cycling again though happy to have a month or two break as this last cycle was emotionally draining due to zero fertilisation and only 1 egg. Hoping and praying for better results next time.

Did you request a copy of your last 2 protocols from GCRM.. I think the RFC mentioned something about this to me on the phone a while back?
Hi to everyone else on this thread... Hoping for lots of positive stories in the coming weeks/months!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Yogamini" (Sep 17th 2016, 6:16pm)

Sunday, September 18th 2016, 1:57pm

Hi girls, hope yous are having a good weekend. Rebecca michelle was unbelievably accurate with a lot of things it was quite scary! I have taken her advice though and putting it into action lol, welcome yogamini so sorry you have had a long journey so far, keep thinking positive, I know it's the hardest thing in the world especially as being through it so many times before ;( it's heartbreaking and the amount of money it costs too, I'm 38 and this will be my first try I'm worried about my eggs too but all can do is hope, don't think we will be emotionally or financially able to have many more goes so I'm praying this works :whistling: this forum has been a saving grace for me and I really appreciate all the support, keep in touch and spk soonxxx

Sunday, September 18th 2016, 7:34pm

Hi yogamini, treatment is due to start beginning of October with egg collection last week of October so fingers crossed for a good outcome with egg quality and fertilisation. Last time I had 27 eggs but only 3 made it to day 3 and none implanted. Really overstimulated with meds and quality was deminished! GCRM posted me a summary of my treatment after fresh cycle so I'm sure if u ring them they could post it out to u no problem.

Allthatglitters, Michelle seems unbelieable which makes me even more scared to go to her in case she tells me something I really don't want to know!!! Ignorance is bliss sometimes!! But if I was u I would be doing exactly what she advised cause u just never know!!

Monday, September 19th 2016, 2:14am

Hey yoga mini I seen u have been on quite the journey, but let hope this times is you happy ending and that it works out for u i will be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers xx

I'm only 29 this is my first round of ICSI thru RFC, I haven't had any other treatments. I still don't fully understand all the ins and outs, nor does my partner. We are awaiting our golden ticket / offer letter which is due now in October so id say it will be start of 2017 before we get started. I have been on this journey since January 2015 and it's been a roller coast to say the least.

Aw ladies I'm currently having to deal with all my emotions at the minute as my sister is 40 and is pregnant with her 6th child. Her oldest is 18 and her youngest is 10 months I'm finding it very difficult to be happy for her and in not doing that then I'm feeling like a bad person I want to be happy for her but I just can't at the minute.. I keep tearing up when I think "why isn't that me". She was once trying for her last child and it took a few years as one of her Fallopian tubes was blocked but once she had it removed she got pregant with her little boy straight away-anyways she has made comment to me that she knows exactly how I feel them 4 years she was trying and longing for a baby and I sit and thinking to myself are u being serious, u have 4 children at home I have none, so how could she ever know how I was feeling?

Sorry for the rant I just find I'm very sensitive to things at the minute and find some comments made to me so insensitive.

What was GCRM like anyways? Yoga mini have u been having ICSI Treatment and if so what was ur experience like?

Please pay no attention to my rant it's been one of those weeks, and just needed to air my head, hope no one is offended by it xx

Monday, September 19th 2016, 8:01am

Hi Rosebud,

Honestly rant away, this place is great for letting off steam as everyone feels the same, yours is a bit harder to deal with especially as its an Older sister, id def feel the same, its not that your being bitter but its devastating how it comes so easy to some people and we are left clinging to any hope we have to at least have 1 child! hopefully we hear something soon to get the ball rolling, this waiting about is driving me nuts :scream:

im taking myself off on a wee break with the girls this week to Berlin just for a wee break to get away from thinking about ivf and babies, it really does take over your life :headache

Spk soon x

Yogamini

Monday, September 19th 2016, 10:48pm

Rebecca 2016, thanks for the heads up about summary report from GCRM. I'll be sure to ask at my review. Great that you're starting soon and EC will be end October. What protocol will you be on.. are there different options depending on your previous cycle results?

Allthatglitters, thanks. It's great to have support from other ladies going through the same thing. Hopefully you'll be able to start soon. Is this your first cycle? Are you doing IVF or ICSI? Enjoy your break in Berlin.. It's a fab city!

Rosebud, hello and thanks for the lovely welcome and well wishes. I feel for you.. Can't imagine having a sister with that many babies..my eldest sis has 2 girls, grown up now and my youngest sister is trying at moment for her first.. Hoping and praying it happens for her fast as I know only too well the pain it can cause! Feels like everyone around me is having a baby..DP's sister is expecting again and a friend in work is having twins. It's a constant reminder of what we don't have, buy hey, we gotta keep moving forward and try to stay positive!

My cycles with GCRM were both ICSI as we are male factor. I've had my DP on lots of supplements and cut down on alcohol, caffeine but no change at all in his stats. First cycle I was thrilled with GCRM, even though it wasn't successful outcome. 2nd, not so impressed. We have a review start October and hoping they can offer us some answers as to why the 2nd cycle was such a let down.

Lovely to meet everyone... And looking forward to keeping in touch!

Wednesday, September 21st 2016, 9:44am

Hi yogamini, RFC are putting me on a reduced dose of meds compared to GCRM so hopefully we end up with a smaller number of good quality embryos. My only fear is that they only get a few and none suitable for freezing then we will be back to square one and having to start again but have to keep positive and they will obviously adjust the dose depending on how I react this time.

Girls I feel the strain all the time of multiple friends and family getting pregnant with no bother and I'm thinking if I could just have one!! xx

Yogamini

Thursday, September 22nd 2016, 9:23am

Rebecca2016, that's great RFC are going to tailor your dose. A lower number of good quality eggs will give you a better chance of success. Keep us posted!
Hi to everyone else

Reg: Jul 16th 2016

Thursday, September 22nd 2016, 6:59pm

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has any tips or advise. I'm on waiting lift but in meantime is there anything I should be doing or taking? At the minute I'm taking folic acid and eating healthier while exercising?

Reg: Nov 12th 2015

Friday, September 23rd 2016, 6:52am

Feeling very guilty this morning ... had work dinner last night and planned for one drink, but turned into couple more ..had glass of proseco, and 2 glasses of wine

Yogamini

Saturday, September 24th 2016, 8:45am

Hi Princess,

For our last 2 cycles with GCRM we were both on a fertility vitamin (which has folic acid) plus I was also taking vit D and Co-enzynme Q10. I cut out sugar, aspartame and caffeine and cut down on alcohol but didn't cut it out completely. My partner cur down on alcohol plus gave up hot baths and reduced amount of cycling (we have MF plus age issues). My partners SA result didn't change at all and both cycles were unsuccessful. This time around, we are being more relaxed..we are both having a drink or two and reducing vitamins etc as the stress caused by trying to hard to cut everything out can have negative effects on the cycle! Eat a healthy diet, exercise, take folic acid and drink lots of water.. Plus enjoy life!
When did you go on the waiting list? I went on start Feb and just got my letter. I'm deferring for a couple of months to allow my body time to recover from this last and cycle.

Wilkinson, we all need to let out hair down from time to time.. It's good for us ! Guilt is bad for our health so just forget about it (once the hangover goes!). What stage of treatment are you at?

Reg: Jul 16th 2016

Saturday, September 24th 2016, 10:02am

Thanks yoga mini

I've only just went on list at end of August. So still a bit to wait just want to be sure I'm doing the best thing.. I generally eat quite healthy excersize and so does my partner. Ours is also MY he is on wellman vitamins and I'm on folic acid. So think that's enough. We have kinda put this to back of our minds as we know now the direction we are going and it's just a matter of waiting. Tho I'm worried my job is quite busy and stressful at times I worry that can affect me. Can I ask did you go private for both ur attempts before your NHS go?

Yogamini

Sunday, September 25th 2016, 11:59am

Princess,

Yes, we signed up for 2 cycles with GCRM through Access Fertility. They offer great refund packages if treatments are unsuccessful. You should look into it. Although at the time we signed up, there was no option for partial refund for my age group (39 at the time). They now offer a 50℅ refund option on approx £10,000 for up to 3 cycles. Not bad.

You should be cycling around Springtime. It surprises me how many fertility issues are MF!

With ICSI though, they can choose the premium sperm for fertilisation..!

My job is extremely stressful at times, so stressful that I had to take my name off the waiting list in 2015. I had finally reached the top, but my work was so stressful at the time, I couldn't proceed with treatment. Had to take time off and then get referred all over again. Looking back , I should have gone to HR but c'est la vie! Don't let anything get in the way of your treatment. If you have to, tell your boss/HR. Many workplaces offer some time off for appointments etc