You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Pb85

Ace

Reg: Jun 8th 2014

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 5:55pm

Hi everyone. Dreams and Lindsay glad you both are getting on well.
Hi cia4 welcome to the forum. I'm currently saving for my third cycle. I have had icsi twice. Once nhs and one private but both at rfc. Can I ask where you had your private cycle?

Xx

Cia4

Reg: Mar 30th 2016

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 8:12pm

Hi pb85, I had my private cycle at beacon care fertility based in Dublin, the new clinic in Belfast wasn't open at the time otherwise would have just went there. I chose beacon as at the time they were the only clinic offering the new Eeva procedure but most of the clinics started to offer it shortly after anyway lol

Good luck with your third cycle, do you know where you are goin to have it?

Xxx

Pb85

Ace

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 9:25pm

I was looking at origin or gcrm. Think I'm going to go with gcrm, seem to have more advanced methods and higher success rate. Just have to get some money saved up and wait on my notes from rfc.
Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer

Xx

Reg: Feb 17th 2016

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 11:38pm

Hi Lynsey and dreams just thought I let you know I got my papers signed today for ivf. Yepeeee! What all happens next? I asked could I have a dye test before doing ivf as I had a cyst removed and thought that after surgery it may have blocked them but doc feels like I could just be putting myself through the treatment for nothing. Feeling a bit confused as I'm not sure weather to do it or not now.

Cia4

Reg: Mar 30th 2016

Thursday, March 31st 2016, 12:26am

Pb85 my friend had ivf at gcrm and she couldn't speak highly enough about them, her first cycle worked. It's such a pity we only get one go on nhs here in NI cos it is so expensive ( I'm still paying off a loan for our icsi!!) but one go is better than nothing and I'm very thankful for our NHS :)

xxx

Reg: Oct 9th 2014

Thursday, March 31st 2016, 1:52am

Welcome cia congratulations on your baby daughter and good luck with your next cycle u should get your letter soon xx :goodluck: Hi PB hope.your keeping well xx lurve Hi Giraffe that's great news u have signed ur paperwork! U will get a offer letter in approx. 7 months (sounds like a long time but it's does go quickly) depending on waiting times u telephone to accept treatment and they post u out two appointments, the first is to check ur bmi etc and to sign forms the 2nd is to get drugs and go over your schedule. U have two scans, egg collection appointment and a transfer appointment. I think sometimes u may have other appointments fitted in depending on your reaction to treatment! I had a blue die test arranged by my gynecologist before I was even refereed to the rfc to check for blockages i didnt find it too bad thumbup xx Hi Lindsay I got it paid today i forgot Tuesday was a holiday so they had skeleton staff xx :flowers:

fairyxo

Reg: May 26th 2015

Thursday, March 31st 2016, 3:24pm

Hi girls. Welcome cia4!
I rang today and got my 2 appointment dates with the nurse.
First one isn't till mid may

fairyxo

Thursday, March 31st 2016, 3:26pm

Hi girls. Welcome cia4!
First one isn't till mid may

fairyxo

Thursday, March 31st 2016, 3:29pm

Hi girls. Welcome cia4!
First one isn't till mid may :tear: Which seems ages away!!
2nd is 2 weeks later and she said I'll get my drugs and schedule that day.
Do you start the drugs on the first day of ur period or is it mid cycle. If so I'll prob have to wait till end of due to start the drugs cause by my estimations I'll be day 2-3 in my cycle the day I receive my drugs.

I saw dr ishola last week as my periods have been getting worse, :scream: it's 3 years since my last laparoscopy and I think my endo is worse than ever. He gave me a quick scan and said to go ahead and start treatment as my amh is so low I haven't time to spare

Thanks ladies. Apologies for the 3 posts I'm having trouble with this site today

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "fairyxo" (Mar 31st 2016, 3:31pm)

Pb85

Ace

Thursday, March 31st 2016, 5:06pm

Thanks cia4 that's good to know. I have last cycle paid for now thank goodness but only about half saved for this one so could be a while yet!
Thanks dreams I'm doing good. Making most of a week off as all my holidays the last year I've been taking meds! How u keeping?
Fairy don't worry it will all fly in now! Before you know it you will be in your two week wait. You start your meds on day 21, usually with a nasal spray so you won't have long to wait. All the best for your cycle.x

Xx

• "8141lindsay" started this thread

Reg: Jan 10th 2016

Friday, April 1st 2016, 2:08am

Hello everyone! And welcome cia4! Congrats on your baby girl! Hope this cycle works as well for u!!
Fairy I was the same,got my meds on day 1 of cycle did nowt but whinge it was taking so long,I swear from I started my spray I don't know where the weeks have gone!
Giraffe that's great u all signed up,hope the time fly's by for u now,dreams is spot on with the info!
Pb85 hope u well and making most of your holidays! blowkiss
A question to anyone in the know,done 2nd injection today not having any bother as such but noticed when I throwing needle in sharps bin I hadn't pushed the whole lot of the injection in,honestly don't know how I managed it cos I was so cocky doing it compared to yesterday,and also near took bloody leg off sticking it in, I'm such a dick :whoops: ! Like it was pushed up to numbers on syringe but not til they were outa sight, I'd def left a wee drop in,not stressing but would I need to mention it at my scan or anything?

Friday, April 1st 2016, 3:12pm

Hi everyone! Fairy that's great u got ur appointments the time will fly in :winking: Lindsay I'm sure u will be fine, but if ur worried give them a telephone X I had a melt down this morning lol I was putting my injection in and all the liquid come out onto my leg :angry: god knows what I done! When I phoned the nurse she said it would be fine but I started balling my eyes out lol and she said to come up for a scan and they give me another injection to take! I think it was only to pasify me as I got myself in such a state :tears: ! My husband thinks it's so funny the state I got myself into!

Friday, April 1st 2016, 10:08pm

Aww dreams that so sad! But I completely understand!I can go from smiling to bawling in seconds,and there's something specifically about crying down the phone to someone that makes u even sadder so u can't get stopped! Lol! My poor hubby has been on receiving end of one of those calls from me,and has laughed ever since!! Xx

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 12:36am

Hi dreams,good luck for scan today!!hope all goes well!! Let me know how u get on blowkiss

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 11:01am

Thanks Lindsay X Scan went well! Dr said that I've responded well the left side better than the right but this is normal :party: xx I take my injection today then the trigger shot tonight at 11pm no drugs tomorrow yippee lol then Tuesday is egg collection as planned I have to be there at 10.30 for collection at 11 happydance X How u feeling on the injections? Any side affects xx :hugs:

ashlyn

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 3:54pm

Hi dreams that's brilliant news I'm sure you are so excited ☺ all the very best for ec on Tuesday x

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 5:56pm

Thanks Ashlyn I'm happy everything is going in the right direction blowkiss how are u getting on xx

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 6:32pm

That's fantastic news dreams!! Hope all goes well for Tues! starsmile Il need all the details! Lol! The injections going well,they seem to be helping my panic attacks def feel alot more human on them! My first scan on Wednesday,il relax more wen I see how well they working tho! Xx

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 8:58pm

Mistake lol x

ashlyn

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 10:28pm

Hi dreams I am doing ok thanks am on day 10 of spray & start injections on Friday just hope they go ok and my oh does it right! I am tracking you & lindsay as you are only a couple of weeks ahead of me so it's good to know you are both on here if I need to ask anything! Hope your trigger shot goes well tonight you are so close to the end now, wishing you all the luck in the world xx

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 11:17pm

Thanks Ashlyn & Lindsay lurve Well the trigger shot is done! I watched a few u tube videos before to make sure I had it right in my head! I was shitting myself lol it was a bit tricky but I got it done! :weehee:I'm glad I found this forum and u ladies so we can all go through it together xxx Lindsay I'm glad ur feeling more like urself xx Ashlyn were here for u if u need to know anything xx I ended up doing my injections myself so I knew it was right lol xx

Reg: Nov 5th 2014

Sunday, April 3rd 2016, 11:35pm

Hi pb85 we have changed to GCRM they are really good as is their success rates. We chose to take the refund program which I now see there are 3 different refund programs at different prices that u might want to look into? We have our consent and drugs appointment tomorrow morning. I have a list of questions a mile long that this time I won't be scared to ask
babydust starsmile
4/11/14 ON LIST 26.5.15 Golden Ticket
ICSI 1 - M/C 5 WEEKS baby5
ICSI 2 - GCRM starting 20/4/16

Monday, April 4th 2016, 9:17pm

Good luck for tomorrow dreams,be thinking about you! Hopefully il be same stage this time next week!!!
Ashlyn u are so brave letting oh do your jags! I'm same as dreams,done it myself,cos my Oh is haphazard as hell!Lol! Once u get hang of them,it's second nature! I had more difficulty keeping spray up my nose! Xx

ashlyn

Monday, April 4th 2016, 10:05pm

Yes good luck dreams can't wait to hear how you get on hope you aren't too nervous xx
Lindsay I am starting to wonder should I do it myself lol not sure if I could do it though as I am such a wuss

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 10:02am

Ashlyn let your OH do the first one and see how u find It,but I'm biggest wuss out and iv no pain or bruises,always do my thigh,cos it's the fattest part :) and as long as you big pinch of fat, easy peasy! Lol!!
Dreams! All the best hun! :angel2:

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 1:10pm

Well its done X I have 10 eggs need to phone 2morrow at 10.20 to see how things are going and if any fertalised xx So I got there at 10.20 and carpark was crazy so I went on in and left oh to park! They called for Glen and he was parking but they were fine about it. They called me at around 10.50 they checked if I had been to the toilet in the last 5 minutes and I had, they took us into a room and I put on a hospital gown and lay on the bed they put a line in for pain relief and the they explained what would happen. The doctor came in and did the procedure was uncomfortable with a few sharp pains but not as bad as I expected X they give u a depository after. They take u into a recovery room. My oh didn't stay with me in the room during procedure so they went and got him. They leave u for about 20 mins and done my blood pressure and then bought us both a cup of tea and some biscuits xx the nurse then come back and told us we had 10 eggs they explained the procedure for 2morrow xx so fingers crossed for me :pray: X I think it's going to be a long night waiting to find out xx hope u r both keeping well xx blowkiss

ashlyn

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 2:04pm

Hi dreams am delighted for you & glad you found it ok that's the part I am dreading most! 10 eggs is fantastic, well done you, I have everything crossed for you & hope the hours fly in for you xx do you get offered gas & air? How long did the procedure take?

I am waiting on my AF to arrive was due on saturday but still waiting, have all the symptoms though.

Hi Lindsay think I might do the injections in my thigh as there definitely is plenty of fat there lol

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 3:49pm

That's fantastic dreams,sounds scarey tho!!we're u not really nervous??Fingers crossed for fertilisation now!! blowkiss
Ashlyn I swear that's why I don't feel the needles,plenty of meat to inject into! Lol x

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 4:00pm

Hi girls X ashlyn they never offered me gas and air but maybe if ur in pain they would X the nurse sits beside u and keeps giving u pain relief throughout. I was in the room for around 30 mins the collection took around 20 mins X ur hubby cam stay with u as well for support but I sent him away as he doesn't like that sort of thing and it's something he didn't need to see lol. I wasn't to nervous but I am now lol X Ashlyn hope ur AF turns up soon! It's funny we spend our life praying for it not to come and when u want it to arrive it's late lol X I did my injections in my thigh as well as didn't like the thought of my tummy but I did my trigger shot in my tummy xx

Reg: Feb 19th 2011

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 9:39pm

Lurking!

Hi girls, I have been lurking on another thread then I spotted this! I signed paperwork for IVF at end of Oct so just waiting on the golden ticket! Anyone else sign in around that time?? I have had a read and have an idea where everyone is at atm. Exciting times ahead. Very exciting for everyone that's started!!

About me. I have PCOS (severe!). Underwent numerous treatments and was put on W/l for IVF 2013 but w/l at that time was > 12 months. Too impatient for that so we decided to fund a round ourselves with origin. They were great and we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl who just changed our lives. We are now hoping to give her a sibling! Origin were great but we didn't have any embryos left for freeze so starting from scratch at a RFC.

Baby dust to everyone going through this process.

Reg: Apr 5th 2016

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 9:57pm

EC today at RFC Belfast

Hi Guys- new to site. Me 39, my NHS funded cycle with RFC, last year 2 private cycles with GCRM, BFN on both occassions and a 3rd cancelled cycle as drug failed to work for me. Blocked tubes. Egg collection on private is under sedation, I had to insist on heavy sedation with RFC, still sore at times but was over in 10 minutes. Sorest part is this evening but v grateful 6 ( my magic number- last years retrievals were both 6's as well so my ovaries aren't much older! lol

Again, like dreamscometrue, anxious to hear how the lab finds our eggs in the morning! Exhausted so it won't keep me awake tonight- best of luck in the morning.

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 10:34pm

Hi Honey & My time xx Honey I'm so nervous about the morning fingers crossed for us both xx babydust I'm not sure if I'll get a good night's sleep as I had a nap this afternoon and I'm not tired at all xx My time hopefully u get it letter soon! Congratulations on your baby daughter and wishing u luck for this cycle xx :goodluck:

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 11:04pm

Hi my time and honey!! My time id say you'll get your letter very soon! 6 months seems to be pretty standard,congrats on your baby girl and good luck!! starsmile
Honey and dreams be thinking of u both hope everything cooking nicely for yous and u both wake to good news in morning!! Honey did u mean u got sedation on NHS at rfc? I'm really allergic to alot of pain meds,anything anti inflammatory and I'm terrified they gonna give me something I haven't had before and take a reaction to it,would love sedation instead,just wouldn't have thought to ask for it,anyways girlies good luck and [zx033]

Tuesday, April 5th 2016, 11:06pm

PS my time your lurking headline made me lol! Xx

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 10:44am

So I just phoned I had 10 eggs as u know, 8 were injected then 5 fertilised they are in EEVA so keep everything crossed for me. I have to phone on Friday at 8.30 to see if it's a Friday or Sunday transfer xx Honey hope everything went okay with u xx

ashlyn

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 11:42am

Dreams that is brilliant news really happy to hear that, Friday will be here before you know it! Are you sore today? xx

Lindsay how are you getting on with the injections? When is your ec date? xx

Hi Honey hope you got good news this morning too & aren't too sore, I am really dreading the ec and am so not good with pain, had a lap a few months ago & was crying going down to surgery I am such a nervous wreck & worry about any type of pain lol xx

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 11:50am

Fantastic news dreams!really pleased for u!!
Hi Ashlyn injections fine,although completely ballsed up yesterdays,it leaked everywhere! My ec due on Tues so far but Iv had tracking scan today and my bloods so iv to ring at 4pm
Im stressing after scan tho,of anyone in the know has any input I would appreciate it! Only showed 6 follicles so far between 11 and 14 in size,my lining is 6mm and I'm day 8 stims but il not have had my 8th injection til tonight? Does that sound normalish? I wasn't expected to respond fantastically but I'm bit worried it's not enough and il be cancelled
Also found a cyst on my right ovary and endometriosis :-(

joL

Ace

Reg: Oct 8th 2009

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 1:05pm

Dreams, that's the same as me n I had a blasto transferred (28 wks ATM) and one frozen. Gd luck x
JoJo xx

:BFP: 25th Dec 09 au naturale
Bouncing baby boy Lee 9lb65oz. 11th sept 2010

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 1:27pm

Hi Lindsay at either of my scans no one told me how many follicles I had or the size, I never thought to ask either xx the last time I had a blood test was at my first appointment xx Try not to stress although it's easer said than done xx Fingers crossed at 4pm u get good news, the reason they are telling u to leave ur injection is maybe depending on your blood test they might change your dose xx Keep me posted and big hugs xx :goodluck: Thanks Ashlyn I'm a bit tender today but nothing serious, i had a blue dye test and found it worse although i didn't have any pain relief for that xx :xxx3:

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 1:31pm

Hi Jo congratulations xx its always reassuring to hear success stories xx :party:

Reg: Nov 5th 2014

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 4:16pm

Hi girls I'm not at the RFC this time as my one NHS go is up! So starting at GCRM for a short protocol which I start day 21 tablets of northiserone then pros tap injection 6/5 then stimulation from 8th May and first scan and bloods 13th excited and nervous as it is different from what I had at rfc
babydust starsmile
4/11/14 ON LIST 26.5.15 Golden Ticket
ICSI 1 - M/C 5 WEEKS baby5
ICSI 2 - GCRM starting 20/4/16

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 5:57pm

Bloods ok,happy with me to continue as normal til next scan on Sunday! Thank goodness! Any suggestions on how to help these follicles grow?! Probably not breaking the needle half way through injection would be a good start! Lol x

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 9:34pm

Lindsay glad everything is okay im sure it was a relief xx :weehee: I'm sure everything will be great on Sunday lurve xx

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 9:36pm

Pp good luck with ur cycle xx :goodluck:

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 9:53pm

Day 1 after egg collection

Hi all, call to RFC this morning and 4 of our 6 eggs have fertilised. Still very sore lower back pain ( v surprised) maybe it's a case of no pain no gain! Anyway, it's very strange because following my treatments (private with GCRM) I feel so lost because when I call in there is very vague information,I was very surprised they didn't have the time to look at my medical notes. I am told to call lab on friday at 8.30am but expect to be in for ET at 10.30, an dif not it will be sunday! We live a fair bit off and have a business so it's difficult to plan ahead. No instructions at all and scared because I had difficult ET transfers before and GCRM doctors recommended sedation, which was not addressed today. I did get a sedation via candula for EC which did make things somewhat more bearable. Staff were great but all is very rushed and cannot help but feel like a number. am I too difficult to please ?

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 10:50pm

Hi honey,glad ur well and you've 4 fertilised!! I have nothing to compare the rfc to as my first cycle,but as nice as the doctor was today I came away feeling very negative.cannot fault the staff they all lovely and I understand they don't want to give u false hope but I came away convinced my cycle was to be cancelled, it was very informative but Impersonal and quite no nonsense.a few friends have said private clinics are a completely different experience x

Reg: Feb 19th 2011

Wednesday, April 6th 2016, 11:04pm

Honey try not to get deflated.. Remember it only takes one wee bean to change your life. I too found the RFC very much like a machine that churn through the numbers but I try to tell myself that they are just so overstretched and working to capacity. I'm not making excuses for them. I have had a lot of issues with then particularly the admin team! All I can say is don't be afraid to ask the questions you want answered. I did find my private treatment with Origin a completely different experience altogether and I felt very much in control and like an individual, not just a number. Keep positive xx

Thursday, April 7th 2016, 9:41am

Day 2 after EC

Thank you Lindsay and mytime! A good nights sleep last night really helped. Tell me, I was just told to phone the lab on day 3 to check that all was ok and if ET takes place. Did anyone else call the lab on Day 2- I wasn't told not to but find it strange and want to know how the little eggs are doing?

Thursday, April 7th 2016, 1:56pm

Hi Honey, thats fantastic u have four little ones! Im so curious what is happening with my wee eggs as well! Did you end up phoning? Xx I'm dreading that phone call in the morning xx

ashlyn

Thursday, April 7th 2016, 8:10pm

Hi dreams will be thinking about you in the morning hope you manage to get a good night's sleep tonight, how have you been feeling since ec? xx

Hi Lindsay glad to hear things are on track for you, not long until ec now, how are you feeling? xx

I am due to start my injections tomorrow although my af still hasn't arrived it's 5 days late but my stomach is aching, will I have to ring the clinic to advise them if my af doesn't arrive tomorrow? Can't believe how fast this week has gone in time is flying now xx

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE