You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Libbymck

Reg: Jun 22nd 2016

Monday, March 13th 2017, 1:08am

Brilliant Ally333 :) must be such a relief to have your dates. Hopefully il be getting my letter in may then x

Ally333

Reg: Jan 18th 2017

Monday, March 13th 2017, 12:21pm

Yeah you will the last couple of months are the worst but when you get it it's so worth it! Hope the time flies for you Libby xx

Libbymck

Monday, March 13th 2017, 12:48pm

Thanks so much Ally best of luck with ur cycle let us know how ur getting on :)

Reg: Jul 16th 2016

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 10:28am

Hey ladies I have my second big appointment for schedule for icsi on 12th April. My period is due around the 13th April. Can anyone explain what happens when I recieve medication on this day and when starting day for treatment and how long this treatment usually lasts before EC? Thanks have a lot on in April and trying to figure out times. Any advise is appreciated

Reg: Apr 15th 2014

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 8:40pm

Hi Princess- I had my icsi cycle 2 years ago (just finished fet)- so this is how my icsi cycle went from memory. Someone who cycled more recently may be able to provide better information.

As you are due your period after your appointment- you may not get your schedule on the day but need to ring the nursing line when your period comes and they post out your schedule. I started my spray on day 21 and they had me taking down reg spray for 4 weeks before I started stimm injections. Most other girls cycling with me didn't have to down reg as long- about 3 weeks, I just had to fit in with their dates. I was on stimm injections for 10 days with 2 early morning scheduled scans plus I had an extra one as I was slow to respond. Then embryo collection following by embryo transfer 5 days later. All in all from day 21 to embryo transfer took 6 weeks for me. So you may find that April will be spent waiting to get started. Although you can plan ahead, be prepared for your schedule changing as sometimes your body doesn't 'know the schedule'. Good luck

Reg: Sep 28th 2016

Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:13am

Hi Little Orchid, I have just read you have finished FET. I hope you don't mind me asking but how did you find it? I had a failed IVF in January and just received my FET top of the list letter. Of course I can't ring to accept this until Thursday at 9:30. The waiting never ends!

Xxxxxxxxxx

Monday, March 20th 2017, 1:03pm

Little orchid thanks so much for the advise. I suppose everyone's different? I'm aiming to start treatment beginning of May then hopefully that only lasts 5 to y weeks? So for appointments is it only really 2 or So mid treatment? It would be great if others could share their experience of starting treatment.

Monday, March 20th 2017, 8:08pm

Hi Princess - after I had my second appointment with the nurse it felt like ages to I had another appointment. When I was on the spray downregulating - you are left to your own devices. I kept thinking is everything going ok but as long as you remember to take your spray it will be ok. It's only when you start your stim injections that you will have a few appointments to see how you are responding. If you need to alter your dose or carry on for an extra day or two. These appointments are early in the morning- around 7.30- 8. They are very quick- you are unlikely to get that much information from them, which can make you anxious. These appointments will be on your schedule but you may need some flexibility as they may alter them depending on how things go. Best of luck for your treatment. It is so much clearer when you get your schedule-plus good to tick each day off after all the waiting.

JMcK - I hate that there are only certain times/ days you can ring to accept- adds to the waiting. I found Fet a lot easier than a fresh cycle. Apart from feeling a little 'flat' at times I had very little symptoms of spray or tablets. Had a odd freak out 'did I remember to take my meds' despite having alarms on my phone. Just the one appointment to check the lining. It feels very low key compared to stimms. The anxious part was finding out if the embryo survived the thaw. We had three Frosties- the first one didn't survive but the second one was suitable. So we have one left. Hopefully will have a scan in a few weeks time to find out our outcome- so the wait of that is killing me! Trying to stay busy to keep the mind occupied. Hope your treatment goes well.

Reg: Jul 5th 2016

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 9:47am

Hi Princess

I will share my experience as it is happening at the minute.I started my synarel spray on day 21 which was the 17th February, I had my schedule and was due to start my injections on Friday 10th March but was told that if my AF hadnt come by tuesday 7th March I was to ring them. Well it didnt come so i rang and they told me to come up for a blood test and an internal to see what was happening. When i went they discovered my oestrogen level was 1000 and i had a big cyst which came from using the spray and that had delayed my af. Dr Abajage told me it was quite common and i had to increase my dosage of the spray (double) for a further 3 weeks then return up to the clinic for another scan to see what is happening. You really are left to your own devices but if you feel that something is not right ring the nurses number straight away.

Im hoping this cyst has dispersed so that i can continue with the injections, its just a waiting game and would drive you nuts! anything else you want to know please ask : D

spk soon xx

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 6:30pm

Ladies thanks so much for that informtaion. Can I ask at what point will I be told when Ec and transfer will be? I want to take time off around this time from work. Will they give good notice for this? So I can give notice to work to take annual leave. Did yous take anytime of round this time?

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 8:46pm

Your planned EC will be on your schedule. My date moved by 3 days as I was slow to respond so needed a few extra days of stims. The date of your ET will depend on how the embryos are progressing etc so it may be 2, 3, 4 or 5 days later. I hadn't planned to take any time off before EC but felt very bloated so ended up taking off 2 days before. I also needed a few days after EC to recover- so then stayed off work to after ET. So you can plan ahead to a degree but things can alter for various reasons which can make it difficult work-wise. My gp was happy to give me a sick line for my time off as I was unable to take annual leave.

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 9:48pm

Aw yea that's an idea. I've only started a new job in December so don't no how it will work with leave so a sick line is always an option.. I'll play by ear and wait until I recieve schedule so I can try arrange something. Aw can't wait now to get started. Did you change your diet or do anything in preparation for treatment?

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 6:42pm

Thanks Little Orchid. I rang this morning and accepted my offer for FET. I was told it would be between 4 - 6 weeks before my appointment for medication and scheduling. Hope all well with you. Xxxxxxxxxx

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:03pm

JmcK - hope it flies in for you and all goes well.

Princess - for my icsi cycle I was kind of a woman on a mission. When I got put on the waiting list for icsi I hated that I couldn't do anything or control anything so I threw myself into doing 'everything right'- trying to have the 'perfect' diet, take all the supplements, go to acupuncture, became the fittest I ever have been. In some ways it felt like something constructive to do and in other ways it was a bit obsessive. Did any of it make a difference- very hard to prove either way.

This time for my fet cycle was completely different. I had planned to 'clean up my act' for my cycle but as there is no waiting list for fet as such- it sneaked up before I was 'ready'. I also am very fortunate to have a toddler from my icsi cycle- so have less time/money to do the things I did before. Has it made a difference to the outcome of my fet cycle- again hard to know.

So I wouldn't freak yourself out about what you are/ aren't doing- do what makes you feel good and comfortable with, as it can be stressful enough without putting extra pressure on yourself. I would recommend meditation CDs- I used the Zita West one, or going for something relaxing such as massage, reflexology or acupuncture if that's your thing.

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 9:44pm

Aw that's so nice to hear you have a toddler. We're you successful in your first round? To be honest I haven't done much change I started back at the gym but I'm not going religiously and I'm drilling having the odd drinks on a Saturday night. Plus I have such a busy April with my sister's 40th night away and my best friends hen lol so it's hard to diet and change things. It's the cost of massages or accupunture regularly aswell I couldn't keep up with costs as much as I would love the treat.

Friday, March 24th 2017, 7:50pm

Sounds like you have lots of good things to distract you- which is just right.
Yes I have had one NHS round of icsi at rfc and was very fortunate to work for us. This is our first go at FET- so to be lucky a second time would be unbelievable, so can't wait to get our scan to find out the outcome- fingerscrossed.

Reg: Oct 12th 2016

Children: None

Friday, April 14th 2017, 8:23pm

Anyone put on the RFC icsi list mid February? I was told by consultant it was 6 months waiting... but when I rang they said 7-9 months

Reg: Sep 27th 2016

Friday, April 14th 2017, 10:35pm

I too was told 6 months but the lady on the phone said should never have been told 6 months as it's never that!! You can see from the other thread that they sending letters from Aug/sept on list so seems to be 7-8 months atm.

gmcb0409

Reg: Jan 27th 2017

Friday, April 21st 2017, 11:39am

Waiting time for ICSI RFC Belfast

Hey all just curious to find out is anyone currently waiting on treatment....
we where put on the list mid January and Dr Williamson said the waiting time is 6mths I rang today just to see if anything had changed and was told the waiting time is now 9mths
I just wish it was now.......

Ally333

Saturday, April 22nd 2017, 10:04am

Hi gmcb, we were put on the waiting list in August received the letter in march and starting treatment in May, so it definitely is a good 9 months from when your put on the list to when u actually start treatment, try and relax book in as many massages/ reflexology as u can afford. The wait is horrible I know I hope it flies in for u!

Holly555

Reg: Nov 4th 2016

Friday, April 28th 2017, 10:54am

Hi everyone. I received my letter at the weekend and rang to accept this week. They didn't tell me on the phone when my appointments would be and that I would get another letter with tines! So frustrating! Can anyone give me any idea of when you were seen after ringing to accept the treatment?

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 9:48pm

Does anyone know if partners are allowed in for tracking scans? And egg collection? Also any good recommendations around Belfast area for reasonable priced massages for relaxation

Reg: Sep 23rd 2015

Children: Beautiful wee miracle baby girl ❤️❤️ Dec 15, fet nov 17 miscarriage at 7 weeks

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 2:53pm

Hey can't help about the massage part but don't think partner is allowed in for the tracking scans but you could maybe ask if you want them in they are allowed in for egg collection and egg transfer though, wishing you luck on your journey :goodluck:

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 7:51pm

Thank you. My proposed egg collection is 1st June do you no does this usually go ahead this date? I'm trying to plan time off around this

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 8:12pm

Hi everyone

Just passing through I had my egg collection last Thursday it went well with 19 eggs collected but I developed OHSS SO it was a freeze all and will hope to get a transfer in july, the egg collection was absolutely fine the pain relief really helped my partner stsyed with me the whole time i cant sing the rfc nurses and doctors praises high enough they were great. Princess the dates can change at any point i got a cyst because of the synarel and everything was put back a month if there's anything anyone wants to know please get in touch xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Allthatglitters" (May 3rd 2017, 8:13pm)

Reg: Sep 23rd 2015

Children: Beautiful wee miracle baby girl ❤️❤️ Dec 15, fet nov 17 miscarriage at 7 weeks

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 9:45pm

Yeah princess c it should all hopefully go to your schedule it depends on your follicle growth when they do your tracking scans but fingers crossed they will have your dose right and all will go as planned and no other problems occur, I take it this is your first cycle it's some rollercoaster of emotions I'm sure your glad you have dates and excited to get started :), aw that's some collection allthatglitters I'm having fet in July time this is my 1st fet I had successful cycle in Dec 15, we will maybe be on 2ww together xxx

Thursday, May 4th 2017, 3:00pm

Thanks allthatglitters that's good to no you felt comfortable enough threw it. Yes newbie this is my first time in only a short proticol. Norethistrrone now and then a week or so of injections that's all. Hopefully all goes to plan so I can provisionally book a weeks holiday around that time. Did yous take time off?

Thursday, May 4th 2017, 10:07pm

Hi princess

I had a week off but that was due yo the OHSS which developed the day after egg collection but it is good to have a wee rest after it though the doctor told me to keep active and drink plenty of water xx

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 6:55am

Hi Allthatglitters, funny I have been looking out for you posting on here as I remember you posting before and knew you were a few months behind me. Wishing you all the best for July. If you remember I had my first cycle which failed in January. I am now about to start my FET cycle in just under 2 weeks.
I was wondering if anyone ever had or knows anything about an endometrial scratch or has had maya massage?

Xxxxxxxxxx

Reg: Jan 12th 2017

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 4:35pm

just received letter saying we are top of list

hi folks, god i was not expecting this letter today - we are now top of the waiting list for IVF. i had it in my head i would hear in july, but thank god its a bit speedier than i thought. i was wonder though, from now how long is it usually before i get implanted and hopefully pregnant? thanks for reading xo

Willbemm

Reg: May 24th 2017

Wednesday, May 24th 2017, 10:48pm

Hi girls! I'm obsessively going through all the replies and sucking as much info as possible :) We have our first appointment for bloods booked for 13.06.17 (lucky start on the 13th I hope) and another app 2 weeks later... It's our first time and have no idea what to expect and how to prepare ?o( Freaking out a bit...

Libbymck

Sunday, May 28th 2017, 4:44pm

Hi everyone so my first appointment for bloods is a week away and I was just going over forms a that I have to fill in and realised that when I accepted treatment on the fone one of the questions asked was if myself or husband had had any operations since we last seen our Consultant I answered no but my husband has just reminded me that he had a minor op on his shoulder approx in Feb time.. He was out of hospital the same afternoon but I am now very worried that it will look like I was with holding information.. Should I ring the rfc and explain this :S

Willbemm

Monday, May 29th 2017, 7:41pm

Hi Libby! I don't think it's that important since it was just a minor op, but try calling them, so you don't stress about it - that's the last thing we need now : D ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Willbemm" (May 29th 2017, 7:42pm)

Reg: Jun 1st 2017

Children: Praying

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 3:26am

Starting soon :)

Hey, I got my letter in few weeks ago to say we had reached the top of the list. Have our first app on 16th June for bloods etc, and our next one on the 30th June to discuss treatment plan etc, and have to say I feel terrified, nervous, anxious, but most of all excited :). Hope all goes well for you all x

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 3:29am

Libbymck, don't stress about it, I did.! When I phoned to accept my offer, was asked about operation, and back in oct 2016 I'd had a minor operation on my hand. The girl then said my consultant had to review it before they could offer me an appointment. Of course then I go into overdrive, cry for 2 days and think their going to revoke my offer. But it was just to make sure there was no further treatment plan and that all was ok. I have my 1st app now on 16th June :) xx

Willbemm

Thursday, June 1st 2017, 11:07pm

Welcome Cheryl! Your appointment is only few days after mine, so I'll be letting you know what, how and when :) We'll get through it - just need to stay positive :thumbsup: : D

Friday, June 2nd 2017, 12:51am

thanks Willbemm, its nice to speak to someone going through it all at the same time as yourself :) . yes you can keep me informed and prepared lol. Get through it we will, and there seems to be a lot of positivity and support on this site to help :thumbsup:

Ally333

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 7:56pm

Hello everyone, is anyone cycling at the moment at RFC? I'm taking my trigger shot tonight and having egg collection on Tuesday, I'm starting to freal myself out constantly looking online as to how bad the pain is for egg retrieval. Can anyone shed any light? Also I may have to do a freeze all as I'm a little over stimulated,so I'm stressing a bit over that

Bumble

Reg: Feb 22nd 2015

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 11:03pm

Hi Ally,
I cycled in Nov/Dec 15 which resulted in a gorgeous baby boy!! I would advise you to try & relax as much as possible. They give you gas & air but it is important to breathe throughout. I won't say its not painful because i found it to be, however it is over a lot quicker than you expect. So bear that in mind. No pain, no gain. . . . .Good Luck

Ally333

Monday, June 5th 2017, 9:10am

Aw thank you for your reply bumble! I will off all today so just going to chill out and watch my favourite tv shows. Keeping everything crossed it goes well tomorrow

Bumble

Reg: Feb 22nd 2015

Monday, June 5th 2017, 1:54pm

You'll be great!!
I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

Willbemm

Monday, June 5th 2017, 7:58pm

Hi Ally! Our first appointment for bloods is in a week so I'm prob a month behind you so I'm no expert but I've heard that egg collection is less painful than HSG test - I will hold onto this as I couldn't feel much during the dye test! ::P Good luck there and keep us updated! xx

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 7:57am

Hi Ally333, good luck for today. I cycled Dec/Jan and I was the same, had myself worked up about egg collection. It's not pain free but no where near as bad as you'd expect. The staff at RFC couldn't be nicer and we'll keep you topped up on pain meds. Just try and keep focused on what you may potential gain from this (a gorgeous perfect little baby!)
Xxxxxxxxxx

Ally333

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 9:47am

Thank you for the reply JMck currently in the waiting room whilst hubby is doing his bit. This is terrible but I'm more nervous about needing the toilet during it as I've really bad IBS.... I've already been to the toilet 4 times this morning! lol I'll let u all know how it went

Ally333

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 2:00pm

Hello! Just home after egg collection and it went really really well! Yes it was extremely uncomfortable but nothing I couldn't handle, I'd do it again tomorrow! The thought of it is definitely worse! Nurses were amazing talked the whole way through, mostly to my hubby as I was pretty out of it, just lay there crying lol but honestly was fine! So 28 eggs collected but high chance of Ohss so it's a freeze all for me. Phoning tomorrow to see how many fertilised and next app will be Friday for a check up then they want me back in 5 weeks to see me and hopefully do the transfer july/ August! So happy that today's all over me! No more stress! Jmck are u having a frozen transfer in July? Baby dust to all xxxxxxxxx

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 3:30pm

Phone number for RFC

Hi ladies, we were added to the list for icsi in febuary, i was wondering what number you phone to ask about waiting times i really just want to make sure we have actually been put on it lol x

Reg: Sep 27th 2016

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 6:11pm

Glad it all went well today ally!! Great that it's all behind ou now. I was wondering did it show up on your scans that you had so many eggs? Did you know it would be a freeze all?

Also why do they have to freeze all in that case?

Willbemm

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 10:08pm

Well done Ally333!!! Glad to hear it wasn't that bad :thumbsup:

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 10:12pm

Thats great Ally, thats another step by for you, glad to hear its not as bad as I can imagine, fingers crossed for your future ET. Keep us posted :thumbsup:

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 10:39pm

So glad today went well for you Ally333, my embryo transfer is scheduled for just over 2 weeks time. Fingers crossed.
Xxxxxxxxxx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE