You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Feb 19th 2011

Thursday, January 26th 2017, 9:56pm

Fingers sorry that was suppose to say BMI!

Oaky, when u ring and confirm ur place tell them u need ur dates over the phone to book time off work. They gave me mine on phone and letter arrived few days later. From me accepting place til first appointment was 3 weeks exactly. Then planning appointment was two weeks later. So 5 weeks after accepting your place you will have ur planning appointment. You get your meds and all being well will start with next cycle!

I had my planning appt today. My last cycle was cancelled due to poor response. This time we are trying bemfola 250 and I have to have scan and bloods every morning from day 4! Has anyone else done this type of cycle. We are doing antagonist (short protocol).

Oaky

Reg: Jan 25th 2017

Friday, January 27th 2017, 8:15am

Thank you my time. I accepted yesterday but I had a laparascopy on the 9th Jan (privately) so they said that Dr McManus had to confirm that was ok even though she told me to get it! I'm a few lb over the BMI so i'm trying so hard and if i knew the dates it would make it a bit less stressful. Was it the same number you accepted that told you the dates or the booking line?xx

Reg: Jul 16th 2016

Friday, January 27th 2017, 9:10am

Would anyone recommend anything I should be doing in preparation for icsi? I haven't done or changed anything and now feeling like I should be doing something.

Friday, January 27th 2017, 12:44pm

Hi oaky, yeah it was the same number. I was same as you, had to loose weight. Have you ever heard of the 3 day military diet. Look it up. I found it easy to do and it's only three days. It gave me that last wee edge I needed!

Oaky

Friday, January 27th 2017, 1:07pm

Thank you my time & did they give you the dates no problem? I'll phone today xx

Friday, January 27th 2017, 1:56pm

Yeah, I just said I work in hospital myself (which I do) and my rota is usually made 3-4 weeks in advance (which it is!) so wasn't a problem. Good luck!

Oaky

Friday, January 27th 2017, 2:24pm

Just phoned, no appointments booked yet. Need to phone back on Monday. The waiting kills me!! Xx

gmcb0409

Reg: Jan 27th 2017

Friday, January 27th 2017, 5:41pm

ICSI treatment at RFC

Hi all I'm new to this forum was having 2nd thoughts about writing something but I thought there are lots of lovely ladies feeling the way I do at the minute..... my dh and I had our 1st appointment at the grove wellbeing clinic at the end of October, my dh was sent to royal for further SA a few weeks later.
We then seen Dr Williamson last week for our review appointment where it was decided that ICSI treatment is the best (only option) option for us.
We signed the consent forms and we where officially put into the waiting list,Dr Williamson said the waiting list is currently 6mths I'm just wondering will it be 6mths before our next big appointment or will it be 6mths the treatment will have started.
If I'm honest I'm very scared and anxious about everything so any little reassurance will be great.... I've been reading online about egg removal,injections etc and I'm petrified....

Reg: Sep 27th 2016

Saturday, January 28th 2017, 7:43pm

Welcome to the forum gmc, we are waiting for ICSI and were also told 6 months, but going by the girls on this forum he wait seems to be 7 months, then am I right in saying girls that treatment will start about 3 months after that? Have to wait for your 2 appointments and all. I thought at beginning treatment would be 6 months but much longer wait. I'm finding the wait very difficult, don't know because don't really know what's ahead of us or I'm getting impatient!
Does anyone know here if the ivf and ICSI lists are the same length or is one list quicker? Or I suppose be easier to ask if anyone has had their letter from ICSI recently - how long were you on the list?

Reg: Sep 23rd 2015

Children: Beautiful wee miracle baby girl ❤️❤️ Dec 15, fet nov 17 miscarriage at 7 weeks

Saturday, January 28th 2017, 11:57pm

Glad u wrote up on forum gmcb its really helpful when your going through treatment as not everyone understands the whole thing as much as we all do as everyone on here is in the same boat, I had 1st ivf/ icsi in Nov/Dec 15 and have my beautiful baby this year I'm also hoping to have fet this year have three Frosties waiting for me :) xfingers, I jst want to give everyone on here a wee bit of reassurance than it can happen you jst have to stay strong, also don't be anxious or worried because in my case the staff are all lovely and couldn't do enough for you, I also learned not to google to much lol I think it makes the whole process so much worse I'm not going to lie egg retrieval was painful :8o: but bearable and if it brings you one step closer to getting pregnant wasn't it worth it I'm wishing you all the very best in your treatment cycles and here if anyone has any questions I will try my best to answer
babydust :pray: blowkiss

Oaky

Monday, January 30th 2017, 2:18pm

Hey ladies just a quick update.

Accepted my IVF offer on Thursday & requested the appointment dates so i could give to work. 1st app for bloods & BMI 7th March & 2nd appointment on the 21st of March to go through drugs etc.

I was a bit disappointed its another 6 weeks but i'll focus on getting healthy while we wait xx

Reg: Jul 5th 2016

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 8:13am

Hi Guys

Hope you are all well, just a quick question I know it may sound silly but with the drama I had when accepting my top of letter list I have to ask. I went to my 2nd appointment on 16th Feb for the nurse to show me how to inject myself etc etc, she gave me a number to ring on the first day of my period which I did this morning. Well it was the same lady who forgot to update my notes the first time which resulted in an error and me getting a letter to say that I was removed off the list!!

Has anyone rang to advise the RFC on the first day of your AF and they never received their schedule within 7 days? sorry to go on , she was just so blaze about it and said you should hear within 7 days but if you don't ring admin as it will be their fault! The absolute cheek of her already blaming admin

Any advice would be great

xxx

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 11:13am

Glitters I know how you feel, I have had ALOT of issues myself in that respect. I would give it a few postal days and then just ring again. Is it an option for you to collect it?

I had my planning appt last thurs and I was able to start drumming on fri as I had a natural AF (which is rare for me). I'm on bemfola 225 as my last cycle was cancelled due to poor response (Meopur). Has anyone any experience with bemfola? I was suppose to get daily scans and bloods from day 4 (yesterday) but today they told me not to come back until thurs as nothing happening yet. Worried I'm not going to respond again

Reg: Oct 12th 2016

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 3:11pm

Hi girls, just a quick question, roughly how many scans do u have during stimulation to check ovaries. Just wondering because getting out of work alot could be a problem. Do they tell you in advance when these scans will be? Im not from belfast so curious how im going to manage all the time off.

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 3:12pm

Hi Mytime

Thankyou for the advice, I collected my meds last week and it was bemfola as well they told me that I would be starting on 150 and I said is that the dosage everyone starts on she said no everyone is different she said that because my AMH was good that I would be put on this dose but she said it could change throughout the treatment, its all so real now and scary, im so sorry your last cycle was cancelled im sure you were gutted, this waiting and waiting is just a killer. I hope you are successful this time xx : D

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 3:48pm

Hi another, at my previous (cancelled) cycle I was scanned every 3-4 days. On this cycle they are scanning me every day (even the weekend). I'm on a high dose of stimms and have a very high AMH so they said it's v fine line between no respobse and over responding. Everyone is different. Like u I have a long way to travel but work haven't been too bad (so far.....)

Glitters, so when do you actually start swimming?

I had a previous cycle at origin 3 years ago and have DD so I know it can work. Was so gutted though when I didn't respond as they followed exact same schedule as origin!

Cat_3188

Reg: Jan 18th 2017

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 7:08pm

Hi, all that glitters, I'm also like u worrying that they won't update system or my letter will get lost in post! When I had to phone up for my schedule I actually asked them to leave at reception and got my husband to collect so I could stop worrying lol hope you get it soon then you can get your treatment started , hope it all goes well x

Yogamini

Reg: Jul 4th 2016

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 7:47am

Another Planet, the scan appts are early in morning before 8am usually and only take ten minutes so hopefully won't interfere too much with work depending on how far you have to travel.

My time, I have also had 2 very different cycles.. Neither successful but the first I had great response and good quality eggs, while the second resulted in only one egg. I understand how you're feeling as I am worried I won't respond again. I'm currently on nasal spray and starting stims on Feb 9th. Nervous about EC as my previous cycles were private and I had sedation!

All that Glitters... Sounds as though your AMH is great... Best of luck with your cycle.

Oaky, the waiting is difficult but as you say, see it as an opportunity to get healthy before starting.

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 8:03am

Hi Cat

Thankyou for the encouragement, that's actually a good idea im going to leave it to Monday and if I havnt received anything over the weekend im going to ask them to leave the schedule at reception.

Hi Yogamini, I remember getting the AMH test done but he didn't give me the figures he just said they were fine, im just hoping they are good quality and at least one takes and sticks, I hope everyone has a good cycle and we are all talking about our wee babies soon

Goodluck everyone, keep in touch xx

Friday, February 3rd 2017, 1:04pm

Hi girls, server must have been playing up there. I couldn't get on?!

Just an update. I'm on day 8 of bemfola. Started on 225. Daily scans and bloods. On day 6 dose was increased to 300. As per scan this morning still nothing happening and my estradiolol on day 4 was 100, day 6 was 500 and today only 900. I'm back on Sun for a scan but have a sibling feeling this could be another cycle cancelled due to poor response

Reg: Jan 25th 2015

Friday, February 3rd 2017, 1:10pm

So had my scan today and everything seemed fine so all systems go for transfer next Friday with my wee Frosties

Oaky

Friday, February 3rd 2017, 5:11pm

Hi my time i hope things start working for you. Can they not just keep increasing the drugs? Why does the wee eggies not respond?xx

Friday, February 3rd 2017, 7:26pm

Hi oaky, I wish I knew why they didn't respond! They said the are very reluctant to up dose ascmy AMH is sooooo high and they are afraid I go "too much the other way" in other words I over respond! I know what option I'd rather have....

Oaky

Friday, February 3rd 2017, 7:32pm

So strange. Really hoping they kick in & you start to respond. What is your AMH? Mine is 30 which i think is high xx

Friday, February 3rd 2017, 9:08pm

Oaky..are you sitting down......my AMH is >150. Yes you read that right....150

Oaky

Friday, February 3rd 2017, 11:04pm

Omg!!! That is really high!! They must be super careful not to over stimulate you then? It all confuses me xx

Yogamini

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 8:41am

My time, I can't believe your AMH is so high. I can understand why they want to be careful not to overstimulate you. I really hope your ovaries respond on the higher dose. Very frustrating for you

Wishing 123, that's great news about your transfer. Lots of success from frosties.. Wishing you all the very best. Keep us posted

I'm currently on nasal spray and thankfully no side effects other than headache first few days and tiredness. Haven't turned into a hormonal monster yet!

Sending lots of love to all of you

Squeaks

Reg: Oct 21st 2016

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 11:42am

Hi everyone,
Wishing123 - that's great news about your frosties, best of luck for Friday!

My time - hope Sunday goes well and you get better news.

I'm day 5 if bemfola, our dose is 375 and my amh is the other side of the scale.Not feeling anything yet, just headaches but I had them on just the spray. First tracking scan on Tues and I'm trying not to worry.

I've a christening to go to tomorrow, I thought I'd be ok because I'm on stims and I was until yesterday when I started getting panicky. Noone who's going knows about the ivf and I have this fear that I'll crack at the first 'you two should have a baby, it's great' comment. Any advice? My husband says we'll just tell them we're doing ivf if anyone starts going on at us about babies but I've told him a christening is really really not the time.

Reg: Sep 28th 2016

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 3:46pm

Hi Wishing123, good luck for your FET next week. My first IVF failed last week. I've got 6 frosties and am keen to go again. I returned my form after my negative pregnancy test last week. I know the form says 10-12 weeks for review appointment but I was wondering if you could tell me is this the waiting time for follow up appointment. Or is it shorter or longer? Also after this appointment how long before FET process starts?

Xxxxxxxxxx

gail444

Reg: Oct 12th 2016

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 7:48pm

Hi Anotherplanet: we had two scans during stims - both were before 8am in the morning.

JMcK34, gutted to read that your first cycle failed. I'm currently on my 2 ww. Our treatment was changed from IVF to ICSI on the day of EC due to low sperm count in sample - we have 3 frozen. I hope you don't have a long wait to get started again! xx

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 8:37pm

Sorry to read this jmck. I understand how devastating it is when treatment doesn't work. We had our fresh cycle in 2015 and only having our fet now because I conceived naturally a few times in between so was always pushed back. Although when we got the review appointment as it had been a year from we were there all the appointments have been really quick. We went back to see rfc in October and I've been through a hysteroscopy between that and starting treatment. Everyone is different but if you feel your ready to go again now don't put it off, you know your own body xx

Oaky

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 8:54am

Hi ladies. How does egg collection work at RFC do they sedate you?xx

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 9:17am

Hi oaky. I was given pain relief during mine and they were great in asking if I needed anymore during it x

Oaky

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 9:31am

Awh thanks wishing, it will be a month or so yet but my mind goes off on one lol xx

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 11:57am

It's only natural to have questions about the process. I was deadly for asking questions so feel free to ask. Take each step at a time xx

Squeaks

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 12:12pm

Sorry to hear your news JMck34.

Yogamini

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 2:09pm

JMcK, sorry your cycle wasn't successful. I know how it feels. Stay positive.. the clinic learn a lot from your first cycle and can make changes to protocol next time.

Squeaks, I will also be on 375 of bemfola and due to start stims on Thursday. Sorry you're feeling panicky. It's not easy going through fertility treatment, never mind attending a christening. I hope you start to feel better soon and good luck with your first scan.

I'm currently on nasal spray and waiting on AF to arrive.. Was anyone else AF late before starting stims and if so can the clinic give me something to bring it on?

Wishing 123, I am glad to hear they give pain relief for EC as I too have been worrying about that!

Gail444, congratulations on making it to the 2ww! Great that you have some frosties too. We've never had any to freeze. It's always a bonus!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Yogamini" (Feb 5th 2017, 2:12pm)

Reg: Sep 28th 2016

Sunday, February 5th 2017, 10:27pm

Thank you everyone for your kind words. We were so positive about our IVF and everything went so well all during it. We had 17 eggs collected, 10 fertilised and 1 was put back in as a day 5 transfer. The embryo they put back in was grade 5aa, which the doctor and embryologist told us was the very best you could hope for but even with all this it didn't work. I had acupuncture, cut out all caffeine and chocolate, ate a healthy diet and it made no difference. But I am not going to let it get me down and am keen to go for FET. We have 6 frosties left and I really am grateful that is the case. Wishing everyone all the best. I am looking forward to reading how you all get on and hopefully I'll start the next stage of my journey soon.
Xxxxxxxxxx

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 7:52am

Hi JMcK34

I am so sorry that your first cycle didn't work, its so disheartening to think that everything went perfect to have nothing at the end of it. Please don't be discouraged my friend had her fresh cycle last year which didn't work( she had a top grade embryo too)she is now pregnant with wee twins from her frozen transfer and them embryos weren't as good as on the fresh cycle.

Lots of hugs xx

Yogamini

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 12:04pm

It's always good to hear positive outcomes... Thanks Allthatglitters! Hoping to hear lots more positive stories from this forum.

Squeak, I hope you're scan went okay? I'm starting stims tomorrow. Hoping I'll respond better than last time.

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 3:11pm

Jmck I'm so sorry to hear your cycle didn't work out this time. I hope u take time now to rest up for when ur ready to try again. Sorry I can't help with wl times.

Update with me. I'm on bemfola. Scanned and bloods everyday due to risk of over response (amh > 150) even though my last cycle was cancelled on day 12 of stimms due to poor response.

On Fri there was still nothing happening so they upped my dose. E2 was 900. On mon they repeated my bloods and e2 was 5000! Today it was 15000! And 5 or so potential follicl s on each ovary. Booked for egg collection on fri Am! Only thing is they said today they might have to do a "freeze all" as I have high risk of ohss! I would much prefer a fresh cycle as such but at same time just glad to get to egg collection so focusing on that for now!!

Wednesday, February 8th 2017, 10:06pm

So the nurves are setting in now. Scheduled for my fet on Friday. Have 2 frozen embryos and fearing that they won't survive the thaw

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 7:49am

Hi Wishing

OMG Friday! that's so exciting for you, I know your probably worried about them too but keep your chin up we will all be saying a wee prayer for you and wishing you all the baby dust in the world!

lET US KNOW HOW IT GOES XX :thumbsup2:

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 12:46pm

JmcK I'm so sorry things didn't work out this cycle. It's great that you have Frosties and you are focusing on next time.

Wishing and My time - all the best for Friday, very exciting!

I'm just started on the nasal spray, not thinking too far ahead, just focussing on today to try and keep stress to a minimum.

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 2:52pm

Hi Fingers,

Im just behind you and will be starting the Spray next Friday. Do you have to get scans when you start the spray or will it just be when the injecting starts, the nurse did explain but my mind has gone blank! How are you feeling with the spray?

X

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 5:42pm

Hi Allthatglitters, scan is scheduled for a week after starting injections, so it's a while off yet.

Spray has been fine so far, I've only been on it a few days though!

Squeaks

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 7:39pm

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing ok.

Wishing and My Time - good luck for tomorrow!

Yogamini - hope af has turned up. Mine was a week late (which normally I would have been very chuffed about) but it appeared the day before I was due to start injections so rfc told me to go ahead and start.

First tracking scan on Tues (day 7 stims) didn't go well. Dr. said there wasn't much happening and I was put up to 450 bemfola. 2nd scan on Sun. I'm trying to stay positive but it's not looking great. I am still spotting today (first af was late then won't stop!)but it finally seems to be stopping thankfully.

Dr said not to worry but doesn't everyone normally get told how many follicles and what size they are etc at the first scan?

Reg: Jan 12th 2017

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 7:50pm

Hi i am new to all this. Signed up for icsi on 2nd sept 2016 and im finding the wait so hard. Noone knows im going through this so i cant really talk about it to anyone. Anyone else sign up around the same time??

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 8:29pm

Thanks everyone. Heading to my final reflexology treatment now so hopefully I sleep tonight. Praying that we get good news tomorrow and everything goes to plan

Reg: Sep 27th 2016

Thursday, February 9th 2017, 10:03pm

Hi prickly pear, I too have been on the list for ICSI from sept! 3 weeks after you, I too am finding the wait soooooo long, it's great to see how everyone is getting on in this forum and what to expect, is this your first time with ICSI? It is with me.

All the best for tomor wishing- praying you get good news

I am so sorry to hear your news gmck, absolutely devastating xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE