You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tab

Ace

• "Tab" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2014

Tuesday, May 5th 2015, 8:22pm

Gina Ford - contented house with twins

Hi ladies
I'm reading the Gina Ford & Alice Beer book as recommended by TAMBA parenting class.
Totally up for giving it a really good shot as I'm hoping to try and work to a structure from as early as poss.
It looks tough though! And so much to think about!
Has anyone any experience of following Gina Ford's structures? Anyone else read the book?
Xxxx

Reg: Nov 3rd 2014

What's Up?
Pink twins on board :-)

Tuesday, May 5th 2015, 11:02pm

Hi Tab I bought a couple of books on kindle, not got that one though. One of them was called double duty and the other I think was something like mothering multiples. One of them is better than the other but can't remember which.
I found it interesting that they promote synchronised feeding to get into a routine and actually waking the other one up to feed them if one twin has woken to try get them into same feeding/sleeping schedule. Lots of fun and games ahead : D xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.
IVF Nov 14 BFP :give_heart: :give_heart: It's TWINS!

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Tab

Ace

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 8:29am

Yes that's what they say in this book too. There's a schedule somewhere in it which seems pretty militant- ie open curtains at 645am, unswaddle baby 1 at 647am. Hahaa not that tightly times but you catch my drift.
I'm up for trying anything to help the babies into a routine.
Fun and games ahead you're right! :o)
Xxxx

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 10:20am

I'm thinking I want a routine and structure but think some of the suggestions in the book are a bit rigid. Not sure how I feel about waking one up when the other wakes, will see how it goes! xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 3:58pm

I have to say I hated Gina ford as it was so regimented and believe me unless you are superwoman you aren't going to be able to stick to it and then you'll make yourself feel a failure, which you aren't! My midwife told me to use the gf book to prop my door open with and no more than that!

Now I was totally baby led with my DD - did demand feeding ( I breastfed), let her nap when she wanted to. We sort of fell into a routine when she was about 9 months or so. That's not for everyone and of course it's a totally different ball game with twins!

I guess just don't beat yourselves up if a certain routine or something a book says your baby should be doing doesn't happen, as every baby is different. It's a rollercoaster when they arrive!

Hope that's a bit helpful and doesn't sound patronising - it's just my own viewpoint, I wasnt a fan of any book but I know they've worked for others x
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 4:18pm

I know what your saying Net, and I won't be following anything religiously, I think it's fine as long as you don't pressure yourself to follow all the things these books say and do what you think fits with you.
i don't think I'll know what suits until they are here what suits and what doesn't. Hooe your doing ok Net xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Wednesday, May 6th 2015, 6:23pm

All good here thanks, you're so right, it's finding something that suits you and your baby (ies!) xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tab

Ace

Thursday, May 7th 2015, 12:23pm

Totally agree! It's been great to get a jist of sorts of patterns but seriously, you have to have some nurturing decision making in looking after your little ones surely!
I'm going to try and do the dark room, getting them used to their bedroom early on & feeding both babies at same time though
We'll see anyway! Ha!
Xxxxx

Julzo83

Reg: Feb 11th 2014

Children: Twins!!!

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 9:02am

Love the Gina forde routine! I pretty much stuck to it for the first few months then altered the times to suit my lifestyle and schedule better and it works a treat! My twins are now taking their last feed at 7.30 and sleeping through to 7.00 next morning sonic has worked for me! Before this I woke them at 22.30 for a feed as the book says and they slept through to the next morning also From about 3 months old! It's been great for me I needed some sort of routine for my twins and this one has worked well :)
Twins born 26-11-2014!! Girl 4lbs 3 boy 4lbs 7! Love them so so much!!

Don't give up hope ladies

Tab

Ace

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 7:53pm

Julzo this is amazing to hear! Can I ask you questions?
For the first few weeks did you just do 3 hour feeds?
Did you start the routine once they were 7lbs?
Once you started the routines did you manage to express for your partner to help with night feeds?
Also when doing the routines did you put your babies to sleep in their cots in their rooms or did you use Moses baskets in living room etc?
Sorry so many questions but I've recently finished reading it and super keen to try it out. Fantastic to hear you've made it work so perfectly for you xxxx

Julzo83

Reg: Feb 11th 2014

Children: Twins!!!

Sunday, July 26th 2015, 10:53pm

Hi tab sorry I haven't been on here in ages!!!!

Did u give the routine a go? X
Twins born 26-11-2014!! Girl 4lbs 3 boy 4lbs 7! Love them so so much!!

Don't give up hope ladies