You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Clarabel77" started this thread

Reg: Nov 3rd 2014

What's Up?
Pink twins on board :-)

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 12:11pm

Antenatal classes?

Hi ladies, just looking for some information on antenatal classes. Because I'm having twins I've to start it early at 24 weeks but the midwife was honest and said that it's not really geared up for twins and is more focused on pain relief etc, breathing, all the usual stuff and you get some time spent on breast feeding and a tour of the unit. I'm not sure it's really going to be what I'm looking for. I've looked up NCT and TAMBA and I know they do courses, has anyone had any experience of these? The midwife has said I don't have to do the nhs classes but I'm really undecided about what's best. xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.
IVF Nov 14 BFP :give_heart: :give_heart: It's TWINS!

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:43pm

I did NCT and it was quite helpful in terms of understanding a biut more about labour, and some of the baics of baby care like nappy changing, bathing a baby and breast feeding. I found the breast feeding session a bit scary but I did go onto BF my DD exclusively to 15 months - all I can say is the theory is all good and well but you need the practical experience! Overall it was useful, but nothing earth shattering. I think it depends on who you get to undertake the course - my NCT instructor was deaf in 1 ear and we all had to repeat ourselves everytime we asked a question and it all got a bit annoying. However, her knitted uterus and cervix and demonstration of how a baby descends the birth canal (using a football as the baby) through it will live with me forever. shy1

What I think NCT is great for is making friends. I have a great group of 6 new friends now, we spent all of our maternity leave together, used to meet about once or twice a week once our babies had arrived. It's less frequent now we are all back at work, but we still manage it quite a bit. I have made some friends for life. So I would definitely recommend them for that.
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Clarabel77 (05.03.2015)

What's Up?

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 1:56pm

Haha, thanks Net, that did make me laugh. I've looked up some reviews on line being the googler that I am and the NCT classes did get good reviews, and they all do seem to say similar things about meeting up with people on mat leave and having babies similar ages. I think because I've been told I'm destined to have a section I don't want to waste time going to classes that are going to be all about birth but I know there will be other things too. xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 2:41pm

They did about c sections as well, i actually found it really useful as although i didn't have a section, I did have an emergency forceps delivery under a spinal block so in theatre etc and the session we did on sections was really useful as it had prepared me for the number of people who would be in the room and what they were all doing, so i found that less scary.

x
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Clarabel77 (05.03.2015)

What's Up?

Thursday, March 5th 2015, 3:58pm

Apparently the NHS has really cut back on the antenatal classes and are just crammed into a few days. That's good they covered the c-section though. The thought of it does scare me a bit to be honest, not sure if I should need much detail on it ;( I'm a bit of a scaredy cat and alway look away at that bit in one born every minute xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Friday, March 13th 2015, 11:32am

Just seeing this post Clare and want to reassure you a little about having a c-section. I had a planned section with twins at 37 weeks and other than having to wait for ages on the day to actually get taken in for the section it was grand. It is a bit of a weird sensation having it done and I had problems afterwards with my blood pressure dropping but that is because I have naturally very low BP. There is absolutely no pain and I didn't really worry about the amount of people in the theatre. To me they were just there to deliver our girlies safely.

I also had another section last time with L. I had wanted to go naturally and we would have tried it if she had decided to come before the section date at 39 weeks but it was a no show. We had to wait absolutely ages this time and she wasn't delivered until after 4pm so that can surprise you the waiting around as you are just so excited to meet your LOs so it is worth telling family that it can take a while as first time round my mum was panicking that something had gone wrong when in fact we were happily reading away waiting with no phone reception!!

The recovery is much faster than you would imagine. The day after the section they have you up and about and by time you go home day 5 I was fit to put washing on etc. I know you are meant to rest but really with twins and another one never gonna happen!!!

Any questions at all PM me or any questions about twins. I have loads of advice from what made life easier for us in those early hectic days of having newborn twins xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Friday, March 13th 2015, 11:35am

PS I did feel a little bit that I had missed out on the process of natural birth. I have to have a section this time as it would be too dangerous to try naturally after 2 sections but at least I know all my bits are in tact and fine working order which some of my friends would admit have never been the same after child birth so every cloud and all that rotf
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

What's Up?

Friday, March 13th 2015, 6:11pm

biggrin2 Lol Heather, that did make me laugh! Thanks for this, that does help because I am a bit squeamish at the thought of a c-section, I don't know why. I have heard mixed opinions ranging from very positive to people who have said it was horrendous healing and trying to feed one baby never mind 2.

Lots of people do it every day though so I suppose it can't be that bad..(fingers tightly crossed) xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss