You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tab

Ace

• "Tab" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2014

Thursday, February 19th 2015, 3:02pm

Another worry from me sorry- Stephylacocus aurea swab

Hi everyone
Yet again
Looking for advice on my latest development.
I went to GP about pains I was having and I did a self-vaginal swab that was sent off for testing.
Results came back today and it shows heavy growth Stephylacocus aurea. My midwife said people get this often in pregnancy as immune system is suppressed.
Apparently it's a natural thing that lives on your skin.
The doctor on call rang with my results and prescribed flucloxacillin 500mg 4 times a day for 7 days. Urrrhhhhh.

Two things- I self administered my vaginal swab and I don't think it did it properly, it was in the surgery toilet so I was super paranoid about touching surfaces etc, being a germ a phone that was interesting. But I've read since that you need to keep the swab clear on entry and exit, which I cant be sure I did as I was just stood trying to balance. Do you think I should ask for a re-test from my gp to be sure my specimen isn't contaminated?

Secondly has anyone had this diagnosis or medication? Antibiotics are awful for me I always get sick and thrush so only want to take them if I know it's properly essential.

Worry!!! Constant worry!
Thanks

Tania xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tab" (Feb 19th 2015, 3:04pm)