You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Clarabel77" started this thread

Reg: Nov 3rd 2014

What's Up?
Pink twins on board :-)

Saturday, February 14th 2015, 9:28pm

Really bad hip pain

Can anyone please advice, since yesterday late afternoon I started to get pain at the bottom of my right hip going into my groin. Today it has got gradually worse to the point I can hardly stand and have pain radiating down my leg and is making me feel so sick. I have a high pain threshold but I'm finding this unbearable and I'm bent over in agony. I'm 16 +2, could this be ligaments stretching or could something be wrong. I've phoned nhs 24 and still waiting on someone calling back. Sorry to moan again. Was supposed to be going out for dinner and have ended up on the couch being a miserable git and worried all over again. ?o(
xx

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 10:02am

Hi clarabel, how did u get on with nhs 24? Could it b a nerve the babies are leaning on, I have heard of something similar from a girl I know who had twins, not sure how far along she was at the time
xx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 10:32am

Sounds like baby could be pressing on sciatic nerve maybe? How are you doing this morning? Xx

What's Up?

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 12:16pm

Hi Ladies, it has been absolute murder! NHS 24 said that hip pain in pregnancy is common and did think that it was possibly babies causing some sort of sciatic nerve pain but they also said it could be coming from my pelvis and it softening, pubis synthesthis (can't remember the initials she used). They told me to get in a bath but there was no way I could do that last night, so used a heat pack which did help a bit but through the night it came back with a vengeance. I read about putting some pillows between my legs so tried that and this morning it has eased a bit but it is coming and going to be honest. Got the midwife on Tuesday so see what she says. I feel such a wimp! xx

Net

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 12:20pm

It might be SPD - my Nct friend had that - she said it was agony. Are you happy to take paracetamol? I had killer headaches in my pg and took it a few times, not sure if it will hit the spot but it might help? Hope it eases for you xx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Clarabel77 (16.02.2015)

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 12:26pm

Aw clarabel that's rubbish hope u feel better take it easy as u can. Can u put any muscle rub on it?
xx

Clarabel77 (16.02.2015)

What's Up?

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 12:34pm

I don't want to take paracetamol, the guy I spoke to last night said that should be fine to take but I'm really not sure about it to be honest. He said not to use any deep heat gels but it would be fine to use a heat pad as long as it wasn't roasting hot. I think I need to invest in a pregnancy pillow because the pillows did help a bit although they kept slipping out lol. I just hope this is one of these things that will pass, I've got too long to go to be stuck with this, think my man would move out to the shed :S xx

What's Up?

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 10:13pm

Net I meant to say earlier I did end up taking paracetamol. I spoke to my friend who is a health visitor (started off as a midwife) and has 2 kids of her own. She said that the odd paracetamal in pregnancy is fine and she also took it. I felt I did have to eventually try something other than heat and it did take the edge of it a bit although it is still coming quite strong at times so thanks for suggesting the paracetamol. xx

Onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Monday, February 16th 2015, 7:14am

I had spd in pregnancy it was agony and I still have it. your gp can refer you for physio where they can provide belts to help with the pain. I was always taking paracetamol!

Clarabel77 (16.02.2015)

Onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Monday, February 16th 2015, 7:17am

Also cold compress is sometimes better than the heat and helps with pain.

Clarabel77 (16.02.2015)

Net

Monday, February 16th 2015, 7:34am

You poor thing it sounds so painful. I got carpal tunnel at about 33 weeks with DD and that was hell so I can sympathise. I took quite a bit of paracetamol with DD due to headaches and my mw and consultant always said it was fine as long as I wasn't taking IT for days at a time. I would take max 4 a day on bad days.

Good luck and hope it settles down soon xx

Clarabel77 (16.02.2015)

What's Up?

Monday, February 16th 2015, 11:50am

Thank you Onewish, and Net. I hadn't considered a cold compress so will maybe try that. I have taken today and tomorrow off work, because I'm a nurse and it's so active there was no way I could go in. It seems to become really really bad at night time then ease off a wee bit during the day,maybe because I'm lying down. I feel guilty for taking time off, im never off, even when I was vomiting for Scotland I dragged myself in. I'm also exhausted too so a day on the sofa with my doggy! xx

Reg: Feb 25th 2011

Monday, February 16th 2015, 6:48pm

Hi Clarabel sorry you are in pain hun, could be round ligament pain as that starts just in from the hip and goes into groin. Unlikely to be sciatica as that is at the back from bum down. From my understanding of SPD this occurs in your pubic bone as the ligaments soften so location wise doesn't fit. Round ligament pain is usually unilateral, but can be bilateral I have it on and off, had it for a few hours yesterday and had to sit down for ages. Have it at night too and only way I can cope is by making myself a nest in pillows!! Sometimes I get it when walking and it's so severe it makes me crouch down as it feels like something might snap if I don't! Usually starts a bit later on but I got it early with twins. You can always phone your local EPU or midwife for advice. Don't worry about how many times you phone just be a pest!!!

Hope it clears up soon xxx

Clarabel77 (16.02.2015)

What's Up?

Monday, February 16th 2015, 7:28pm

Thanks Gingerbean, I have the midwife tomorrow so hoping she can shed some light on it. Best case scenario is that one of the babies has got comfy on a nerve and will find a new place to lie soon. I ordered a massive pregnancy pillow today so hoping that will help a bit too. Hope you and your precious cargo are doing well. xx

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Monday, February 16th 2015, 8:29pm

Hope you start to feel better soon Clare. I agree with everyone else that it sounds like some sort of nerve or ligament pain. Hopefully the midwife will be able to tell you how to ease it. I was at the midwife today and she said I have high blood pressure so has referred me to the hospital. There's always something to cause us worry! xx

What's Up?

Monday, February 16th 2015, 8:38pm

Thanks Ahastar, was your urine and stuff ok? Hopefully you've just been a wee bit stressed and its raised your blood pressure a bit. The midwife said to me at one of my appointments mine had gone up slightly but she wasn't concerned about pre ecampsia because there was no protein in my urine and no excess swelling. Are you feeling ok? Can't believe we are going on 17 weeks! Your right these babies do like to cause us stress.. :S xx

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Monday, February 16th 2015, 9:00pm

Yeah everything else was ok but because it was high at my last appointment too she is referring me. She said they might put me on a low dose of aspirin. I hope not because I don't like the thought of taking any tablets just in case it can harm the baby! I know, almost 17 weeks already! I don't know about you but I found the first few weeks to be really slow but now the time seems to be flying in! Not long until the big 20 week scan! x

What's Up?

Monday, February 16th 2015, 9:12pm

Try not to worry about aspirin, I've been on aspirin for years, even during all my treatments recommended by my clinic because it actually can help with fertility/implantation in some cases. I've to stay on it because of immune problems but it can prevent pre eclampsia also and ive been told it won't harm the babies. It will probably be of more benefit to you if there concerned about your BP. I know all these things are worrying though xx