You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Gingerbean" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2011

Friday, January 2nd 2015, 11:29am

Can any twin mummies put my recent crazies at ease?

Dear all,

If you have ever read any of my posts before you will know that I am a worrier! I don't mean your regular worrier I mean all guns blazing crazy person worrier!

I am 17+4 today with twins, separate sacks, separate placentas. Had a private scan done at 15+5 as at my midwife appointment at 15 weeks she could only find one heartbeat (battery was going on Doppler) she said was perhaps too early to find both heartbeats and was perfectly normal and not to worry! Unfortunately I worried hence then scan! Anyway everything was fine, 2 beautiful babies kicking around like mad! At the scan the sonographer said I had one anterior and one posterior placenta.

Anyway if you have carried on reading this far and I have not bored you to tears these are my recent worries

1- movements - some things I've read say that with twins you should feel them move earlier - I'm not sure if I've felt anything or whether its just been gas? I've read having an anterior placenta can block movements and maybe that's why I don't feel them? When did you feel your 1st proper kicks? Like strong enough for even a crazy person like me to not doubt it?

2 - Brixton hicks - for a few days a couple of times a day I'm sure I'm getting Brixton hicks contractions. All of a sudden the lower half of my bump will go really hard and tight for about 15 seconds and then go back to normal. Anyone else had this so early on?

Thank you anyone who reads and replies xxxx
ICSI PGD 2012 no transfer
ICSI PGD may 2013 no transfer
DIVF converted to IUI :BFN:
DIUI March 2014 :BFP: Ectopic

DIUI Sept 2014 :BFP: Twins!

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Saturday, January 3rd 2015, 12:58pm

I can't help with he Braxton hicks sorry as I didn't have those, but my first really strong kick from one of my twins was at twenty weeks, and I hadn't really felt anything before that! I nearly jumped out of my skin as it was a real boot in the stomach (which she still does now given the chance, from the outside). Both my placentas were anterior and I was also told it takes longer to feel movement with those. I don't think you need to worry about movement at all at this stage especially as both babies were healthy on your scan.

Also as you're a worrier please don't be worried by my very unusual signature, my situation is not the norm!

Good luck x

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rb76" (Jan 3rd 2015, 1:00pm)

Saturday, January 3rd 2015, 4:34pm

Thanks for your reply Ross, and I'm so sorry for the loss of your little one, congratulations on your daughter what a little fighter being born so early xxx

Rachael*

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 22nd 2010

Children: Two boys & One girl :)

What's Up?
Keep growing little baby :pray:
Mummy & Daddy love you xx

Saturday, January 3rd 2015, 5:53pm

Hi honey, i may not be a twin mummy to be but i have a friend on FB you may want to friend request who is about 21 weeks pregnant with ID twin boys she also did IVF to conceive. She still isnt feeling movement & im sure most first time mummies would agree they dont feel anything till about 18 - 22 weeks esp with one anterior placenta. You just need to wait just another few weeks :thumbsup:
Braxton Hicks i get everyday & have done since about 12 weeks, mine last about a min are quite painful & my whole tummy goes rock hard - quite scary arent they?

Pregnancy is such a worry xx
starsmile Rachael's Diary

FET August 2014 = :BFP: bab10

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Saturday, January 3rd 2015, 8:06pm

Hello, I'm also not a twin mummy but I had an anterior placenta and didn't feel my DD until about 22-24 weeks ( I can't remember exactly) I do rember stressing about it majorly though! I'm sure you'll feel them booting you in the ribs soon!

Xx

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 12:56pm

Thanks ladies that's made me feel better xx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Rachael* (04.01.2015)

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 8:41pm

I had a posterior and anterior too actually......perhaps you have boy and girl like me too?! I don't remember feeling too much movement until around 22 weeks to be honest, and when they were looking for heartbeats with a Doppler, it was pretty tricky as the lower twin kept hiding. Its really hard to know what is going on without a scan but even that is tricky sometimes. One scan I had they told me that one of the babies' heads was getting smaller......wtf?! Measurements not only rely on the sonographer but also positioning of babies so please don't worry about that too much either.

Braxton Hicks I got at around 23 weeks I suppose and it scared the life out of me. I think it happens a lot during twin pregnancy due to the increased hormones and less space in there!

If you are at all worried, get in touch with your EPU again. I would say, go with your instincts.....honestly, you already know your babies better than anyone else.

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Rachael* (04.01.2015)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE