You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tab

Ace

• "Tab" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2014

Tuesday, December 23rd 2014, 9:24am

Cold virus, cough, temperature, sore throat, chest infection -6 weeks pregnant

Hi everyone
In desperately trying to find reassurance online but to no avail. I'm 6+4 and came down with a cold virus yesterday- high temp 37.5, sore throat, body ache, cough.
It's the virus that loads of people have in my city right now and despite me being super careful I've landed with it.
The thing is I'm really worried and can't stop worrying. I spoke to my GP yesterday and I'm going back to see him today at as things have got worse with coughing up phlegm (tmi sorry).
My nurse at the clinic said it's really common this time of year for pregnant ladies to pick up bugs and that even if I'm prescribed antibiotics they will be completely safe.
Has anybody else suffered with being ill in early pregnancy?
I'll be spending Christmas Eve and day in bed alone no doubt this year!! I don't even care so long as my baby is safe
Xxxxx

Reg: Nov 3rd 2014

What's Up?
Pink twins on board :-)

Tuesday, December 23rd 2014, 11:22am

Hi Tab,
That's rotten that your feeling so rough, there are so many bugs going about just now. I was at doctors yesterday for a urine infection and got trimethoprin which has caused me loads of anxiety too. Our immune systems are lower just now because our bodies are changing so much and are probably a bit more susceptible to picking things up.
My doctor said yesterday that even at this stage the babies are tough wee cookies and can cope with us having all sorts of viruses and stuff. Try and just take it easy but not let it ruin your Christmas.
Take care,
Clare xx
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.
IVF Nov 14 BFP :give_heart: :give_heart: It's TWINS!

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Tuesday, December 23rd 2014, 1:18pm

Hi!

I had and ear and throat infection when I was about your stage in pregnancy and had antibiotics and all was perfectly fine. See it as a good sign whilst pregnant your immune system dips as it's using its resources to look after baby. Hope you feel better soon. Please don't worry.Xx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET
4th ICSI - Gennet Prague BFP!!!!
:girl: shes arrived!!! 1.6.14

My Diary - Onewish's ICSI journey

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, December 23rd 2014, 1:31pm

I had an awful chest infection and cough when I was about 8 weeks that lasted until I was 12 weeks - I remember as I was coughing so badly during the 12 week scan the baby kept moving!

It's really ok - your LO is well protected in there. My brothers GF had full blown flu when pregnant, so I'll she didn't get out of bed for two weeks and my nephew was just fine.

Try to relax if you can and congrats on the BFP!
Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tab

Ace

Tuesday, December 23rd 2014, 2:31pm

Thank you girls
I've just spent the best part of the day crying in bed. My boobs don't hurt and I'm not feeling nauseas at all anymore.
I just can't stop worrying xxxxx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, December 23rd 2014, 2:39pm

Have you had a scan yet?

Symptoms really do come and go. Try not to worry too much if you can. Honestly, one day I'd have symptoms the next they'd gone.

Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Tab

Ace

Tuesday, December 23rd 2014, 2:47pm

Not yet my clinic is closed over Christmas so i have to wait until 2nd jan.
I'm trying to tell myself it's because I'm laid down and resting. Xxx

Onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Tuesday, December 23rd 2014, 4:31pm

Bless you! Please don't worry, symptoms really do come and go and my boobs didn't really hurt much at all throughout my pregnancy. Some people don't suffer with nausea either. My friend had twins and she never felt sick the whole pregnancy. Try to enjoy Christmas and hopefully the scan will set your mind at rest. Xx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET
4th ICSI - Gennet Prague BFP!!!!
:girl: shes arrived!!! 1.6.14

My Diary - Onewish's ICSI journey

What's Up?

Tuesday, December 23rd 2014, 6:52pm

Tab I can only echo what's been said in that symptoms are so variable from day to day. I have days as well where I feel my symptoms have gone then the next day I have lots of nausea and vomiting. My boobs stopped hurting at just under 7 weeks and that made me anxious too. I know it's hard but try and not stress too much looking for pregnancy symptoms and just rest up til you feel better.
X
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Tuesday, December 23rd 2014, 10:45pm

Hi Tab

I feel for you so much - I know that anxiety well. Please try not to worry. Symptoms wax and wane and as far as I know you couldn't even pass on a virus to your baby at the moment as the placenta isn't fully formed. Even then, I am sure they are very protected. I can remember being in your shoes when pregnant with my son. My husband went away for the weekend and I convinced myself I had lost the baby - all was well in the end. Find someone you can share your worries with and try not to let it overwhelm you - walking is good, nice music, a relaxation CD, anything to help calm you.

Take care

xxx
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

What's Up?

Monday, December 29th 2014, 10:48pm

Hi Tab,
Just a wee quick message to say I hope your doing ok and are feeling better.
Clare
X
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.

Clare

blowkiss

Tab

Ace

Sunday, January 4th 2015, 8:25pm

Hi Clare
Thanks for thinking of me I've been really I'll but feeling better.
How are you getting on? I went for a scan at EPU as my clinic was closed and due to spotting my out of hours nurse sent me for a scan Monday. We were delighted to see healthy twins! The fertility clinic told me to keep my scan with them that Friday so 4 days later. That scan showed everything was perfect so really reassured and super happy to be feeling the ridiculously intense pregnancy symptoms again. Woah morning sickness and fatigue is all consuming!

I've just done a new post on this question as I'm super worried now about the two scans I've had. My SIL is in the USA and she told me that lots of her friends turned down early scans and later scans due to the potential risks to the baby. I'm shocked as I wasn't aware of any risk whatsoever. Do you know anything about this? I was booked in for a 9 week scan as it's been offered at my clinic but I'm going to cancel it. Calling me clinic tomorrow to get their take on it. I can't believe id be given 2 scans within a week that could potentially cause harm!
Xxxxx