You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "WeeNich" started this thread

Reg: Aug 30th 2013

Tuesday, August 12th 2014, 8:08pm

Flying in first trimester

Hey everyone what's everyone's thoughts on flying in first trimester? I will be 8 and a half weeks and just flying to Malaga which is 3 hrs. Had someone say to me today there is no way I should be flying! And now I feel horrific. Done loads of reading and everything suggests it should be ok and if I was going to have a mc then it would be just as likely to happen here. Anyone heard or read anything any different

X x

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Tuesday, August 12th 2014, 8:20pm

Hi Weenich

The advice from my clinic (Zita West) is (or was last time I was pregnant) that you shouldn't fly in first trimester. They take a super cautious approach with everything though (or at least the midwives there do), including not swimming in first trimester either (due to chlorine). I flew with my son when I was thirteen weeks and all was fine. I know the heartbreak of miscarriage at first hand, and I would say to you that if you are at all doubtful, don't do it. I say this not because I necessarily think that it would cause you a problem, just that if anything (God forbid) were to happen, you would constantly ask yourself whether it might have been something you did. I know this is far from logical, but logic doesn't play much of a role when it comes to such precious pregnancies.

I hope this doesn't alarm you - not my intention. I am sure lots of people will contradict this and say they were fine when they flew.

Wishing you well

xxx
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

Tuesday, August 12th 2014, 8:42pm

Thanks for reply just so difficult to know what to do! Holiday has been booked for ages the clinic said there is no problem and I should go and enjoy myself and have a nice relaxing time! Still have a few days to decide x

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 10:19am

I flew in my first trimester - loads of women do - for instance those who have tx abroad. But you need to do what makes you feel comfortable. I am sure you would be absolutely fine to fly xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 6:28pm

Thank you net. I've read lots and realise about having tx abroad so it must be ok! So defo gonna go and enjoy my holiday x x

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 8:27pm

Have a lovely holiday xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

Onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 8:58pm

Hey hun i had tx abroad flew home same day as transfer and my little squish is currently screaming in her moses basket.

You have to do what you feel comfortable with. Hope you have a great holiday. Xxx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET
4th ICSI - Gennet Prague BFP!!!!
:girl: shes arrived!!! 1.6.14

My Diary - Onewish's ICSI journey

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Onewish" (Aug 13th 2014, 9:01pm)

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 9:23pm

Thanks Louise and onewish x x

Rico

Reg: Jun 5th 2010

What's Up?
OFSTED is over!!! We're good, good, good! :)

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 10:00pm

I also had tx abroad was told flying would be fine, little one just gone off to sleep now!

One thinks what will be will be and if something was to happen then it would happen anywhere, so enjoy your holiday, you'll need the rest before little comes along! :thumbup:

My Diary

1 IVF/ICSI failed to fertilise May 10 :bawl:
2: IVF/ICSI October10 (BFN) :sniff:
3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
4: Full fresh ICSI/SSR/IVF Feb 12 xfingers :BFN: :tear:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:
Our miracle is here bab22 30/6/14 :thumbsup2:

Thursday, August 14th 2014, 6:08am

Thanks Rico x

Reg: Jun 10th 2014

Saturday, August 16th 2014, 9:13pm

Hi WeeNich,

I am 13 weeks now and flew at least 3 times since I was only 5 weeks... including a one-way trip London-Hong Kong three days ago (even though I have to admit I flew this last one quite comfortably ;) and to be honest I wouldn't have flown in economy class, just because it would have been too tiring not to be able to lay down and sleep for so long). And my baby is doing great :) Unless you have a specific problem, I have been told by all doctors I have seen so far, first of all my fertility clinic CRGH, that it's totally fine to fly during pregnancy, including the first trimester (deadline is 32 or 30-something weeks for most airlines though). The important thing I think it's not to get too tired, but this applies to anything you do of course :) Just relax and keep hydrated during the flight, and even if it's a short one stretch your legs form time to time.
Although I totally agree with jenny73 in that one should always do what makes her feel comfortable, I can tell you the advice I have got was positive and so was my experience.

Enjoy your holiday!