You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "lulu27" started this thread

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Saturday, September 23rd 2006, 8:20am

Advice on sleeping twins

Hi i've bought a travel cot with a bassinet level to sleep the twins in during the day downstairs. My initial idea was to carry this up at night time and use for then as well next to my bed. Even though it's portable I think its going to be a bit annoying doing that every morning and evening. So then I though i'd take one of the cots from the nursery and put it in my room, but they are quite big cot beds and it just wont fit anywhere without squashing beds against the wall etc which isn't practical. Any ideas about what I can get for upstairs that is more comfortable than a travel cot, without spending too much more money. Does anyone do a Twin moses basket??? Will they go in 1 together??? Or a twin crib???

Shoegal

Reg: Jul 29th 2006

Saturday, September 23rd 2006, 8:28am

I've been thinking of the sleeping arrangements too. Got no answers yet but would be interested in hearing from twin mummies on this.

Also, what age are you going to put yours in their own room?

Shoegal x
Me 30 PCOS and huge hydro, DH 27
Tried 6 months clomid & 1 IUI
June 06 - Had hydro clipped
Aug 06 ICSI - BFP! We are blessed x
Sept 8th - 1st scan showed TWO beautiful heartbeats!

lulu27

Saturday, September 23rd 2006, 8:41am

I think to be honest i'm going to see how it goes. My friend had twins and put them in their own rooms at 10 weeks and they slept better, I suppose as long as you've got good monitors then it wouldn't make much difference if they are right next to you or in next room. Its just all so confusing!!!!!! Before I used to worry about shoes, make up and clothes, gosh how this changes you!!!!!! xxx

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Saturday, September 23rd 2006, 7:41pm

RE: Advice on sleeping twins

You sound very confused Lulu!

This is how we did it, bought 2 moses baskets, M&D slept in one together (looked so cute!) for about 6 weeks & then we bought 1 cot & they slept in that together for ages (in our bedroom) & then we bought another cot when they were 4 mths & they slept seprately in own room!, my personal opinion is that you keep 1 moses bskt downstairs for daytime sleep whilst the are newborn & need mummy! & they sleep most of the day anyway & then keep 1 upstairs for night sleep & sleep them together, obviously this depends on the weights of them & if they like sleeping together, we swaddled ours for about 3 months & they loved it & made them very secure they looked like 2 chinese dolls!!! You do not want to be taking the trvl cot d'stairs then again upstairs every day, this is not prcatical for you you will have enough on your hands! :D

I use to worry about the buying the new handbag now I can't concentrate on anything but my babies now!!! You will see how your whole life is taken over by your precious babies & it's so rewarding & special.
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Sep 23rd 2006, 7:44pm)

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Saturday, September 23rd 2006, 9:33pm

We never slept ours together.....they wouldn't have fit!!!! We had had two moses baskets and used to take them up and down for first 6ish weeks. Then we started puttin gthem on the playmat to sleep....we had the lavender lamb one from ELC which is big enough for two. They then went into their own cots from about 8 weeks. And yes they slept better in fact they started to sleep through from about 8 weeks. xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

lulu27

Friday, September 29th 2006, 6:46am

Have managed to find a twin moses basket on a website called www.jusonne.co.uk, it's a bit frilly and twee but might sort out sleeping arrangements, think i'm gonna stick with travel cot downstairs and cot upstairs, and Lisa thanks for tip am def going to try swaddling especially as its winter so will feel nice and snug. If swaddling is it vest, sleepsuit, swaddle and then blanket in winter????

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Friday, September 29th 2006, 9:31am

Lulu the amount of clothing that you use all needs to be taken into account. Ella was born in december so she used to have vest, sleepsuit and swaddled in a blanket. depending how cold it was, i would then use a cellulor blanket if needed. I used to just check her regularly. if she felt cold then i would add more if not leave as she was
Jo

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Saturday, September 30th 2006, 8:58pm

Lulu,

Lovely twin moses basket, mine were 5lb 15oz & 6lb 4oz & slept fine together & as they were swaddled they didn't move an inch when newborn, Mothercare do sell sawddleing blankets £14.99 each, but we used vest,sleepsuit,sheet & 1 blanket (over them), they feel very secure & even when they went into their cotbeds they were still swaddled, Molly didn't like just a sheet she needed to feel secure as quite an insecure newborn. But then they will be in sleeping bags in no time!!!! & still nice & warm.

xxx :D
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 29th 2009, 8:37pm

sleeping arrangements.... help???

DH and I cannot decide what will be best for the girls when they come home ?(

We know that they will sleep with us when they do but in what??

I have seen this and wondered what the other twin Mummies thought..

http://www.armsreach.co.uk PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SITE IS NOT ENDORSED BY FZ

The whole issue confuses me and I want to do what is best/safest for them??

thanks, MM xx

:girl: :girl:

twin girls

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 29th 2009, 9:02pm

Hi MM

This thread contains loads of discussion on sleeping arrangements for twins Cot bed advice please

I don't have twins but I do have that arms reach cot - and I love it. It's the best 'baby buy' we bought :D

It's not massive so I don't know how long it would last you with twins though, especially if they are wrigglers. Also it seems to work better with divan beds than ones with frames so that might be a further consideration.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the cot itself.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Tuesday, September 29th 2009, 9:16pm

Hey MM

As you'll see from the other thread we put ours in the same cot up until they were 4 months ish. we started off with them snuggled together at the foot and then put in a divider and had them one at each end then, then we had them going horizontally and eventually we had them in a V shape. Eventually they got to big and we had to seperate them :bawl: because I would have perfered them to stay together longer in hindsight I wish I had bought cot beds!

Hope that helps!

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 5:33pm

I looked at the arms reach thingummy and our cot bed does the same thing because we have a futon bed and the cot bed is exactly the same height. We simply took one side off the cotbed and pushed it up against the futon, padding out the small gap between them when our son might have been small enough to have got stuck in it. Since we got the cotbed off freecycle, it cost us nothing! Bargain. I'm intending to use it again when our new babies arrive.

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 7:34pm

I had my girls in separate moses baskets and that seemed to work really well but I have just moved them into a cot bed together. I tend to lie them horizonatally in it so they don't kick eack other too much and wake each other up. I have them now in the sleeping bags so don't have to worry about them wriggling under the covers. Tbh I haven't noticed much difference in how they settle down - there is no difference if they are together or apart.

I know from some other mums some twins are different and definitely settle better together or apart and is a matter of trial and error.

I liked the moses baskets when they were tiny as I thought they felt more secure but it is hard to know!!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Reg: Jul 17th 2007

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 8:18pm

I had the boys initially in Moses baskets until we moved them into their own room... We then used a divider in the Cotbed for a little while and then when we came back from holidays we have seperated them and put them both in their cotbeds...

Our eldest boy seems to be the one that doesnt settle very well and if he cries it doesnt wake the other little one... If the other way round however, it does rouse the elder...

It will come to you, i promise...

x
me 38 DH 45 - unexplained infertility and ttc for 4 years ,Mar 07 -Missed m/c
4 attempts at Clomid - BFN (Jun , Jul, Aug, and Nov 07)

Apr 08 - ICSI - BFN
Oct 08 - ICSI - BFP

Baby boys born on 29-May-09

innad

Reg: Oct 9th 2008

Children: None as yet.

Friday, February 5th 2010, 3:38pm

Sleeping Arrangements

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering what people are planning to do regarding sleeping twins. I keep changing my mind! We have bought moses baskets, thought they'd be useful regardless, but really don't know what to do at night. We have a cot ready, have people found they do actually co soothe or they wake each other up all the time?? Any thoughts/advice much appreciated.

Me - 31
DH - 30
TTC - 2 1/2 years
MF - low sperm count
ICSI June 2009 :BFP:
8 week scan - 2 :heart: :heart: seen!

20 week scan - bab22 bab22

Indiechick

Superstar

Friday, February 5th 2010, 5:04pm

Hi Danielle

Congrats on the Twinnies!!

There are a few threads on this already, one I have put a link to below.

sleeping arrangements.... help???

I co slept mine until they were nearly 5 months old and started to kick each other silly. I personally found they settled better together and even now they rarely wake each other up. As I didn't want moses baskets (mainly due to an over excited dog) we put one o their cots downstairs and co slept them there in the day and up in our room at night. When they needed to be in a cot each we took this one upstairs and they had all naps upstairs.
x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Indiechick" (Feb 5th 2010, 5:09pm)

Indiechick

Superstar

Friday, February 5th 2010, 5:10pm

Oh and this one . . .

Advice on sleeping twins

roxy7

Star

Reg: Dec 1st 2008

Children: DS born 11/06

Friday, February 5th 2010, 5:25pm

I'm already sleeping on my own in the spare room as I do too much wriggling and getting up and down in the night. DP is in the opposite bedroom with DS, who until recently was cosleeping with us but is now (mainly) in his own bed, next to DP's. The "plan" (a very flexible one) is for me to stay in the spare room on our very comfy sofabed when the babies arrive as our normal beds are really low and I can't get up and down off them with a cs scar. I'll co sleep with them and have a Moses basket or two handy in case I just need to be in bed alone! I have no idea if this will work as I imagine I may need some help in the night with nappy changes and bf early on but we'll just suck it and see. DP is within calling distance, I jsut don't want the babies waking our son up too.

I very much suspect that before long we'll all end up, all 5 of us, in our biggest bedroom with me, DP and the twins in our superkingsize futon, with cot bed attached to the side for a bit of extra space if need be and DS in his own junior bed nearby! Fortunately, we've got a fair bit of space to try a few configurations before we settle on anything!

It's going to be fun!

R x

Me 41, DP 42
Diagnosis PCOS and old age!
DS 11/06 (clomid)
Mm/c of natural pg 03/08
1st IVF 02/09 (ectopic)
FET 08/09 :BFP:
cs booked for 20/04/10

Indiechick

Superstar

Saturday, February 6th 2010, 10:02am

Hi ladies I have merged all threads here, please see above for others views! x

innad

Reg: Oct 9th 2008

Children: None as yet.

Saturday, February 6th 2010, 4:23pm

Thanks for doing this IndieChick - will enjoy having a nosey! If anyone else has stories/advice to share, please chip in! :)

Me - 31
DH - 30
TTC - 2 1/2 years
MF - low sperm count
ICSI June 2009 :BFP:
8 week scan - 2 :heart: :heart: seen!

20 week scan - bab22 bab22

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE