You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Mamabear1983" started this thread

Reg: May 7th 2013

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 4:40pm

6 weeks 6 days empty sac

Hi I am 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant and I am wondering if someone can give me any advice, I went through ivf I had 2 3 day embryos transferred and got my bfp 7 days later, today I went for my scan, the nurse scanned me and told me that the sac was clearly there but she couldn't see very much in it. She told me to expect to miscarry in the next few days. I was on my way home and I was called back to the hospital for more bloods when I arrived I was called into see a dr who told me that I could have experienced late implantation and this could be the cause for not seeing anything he also said the sac was still quite small he also said that it's not all doom and gloom and he wouldn't tell me this wasn't a viable pregnancy until he was 100% sure, quite a contrast from the nurse who said repeatedly told me not to get my hopes built up. My hcg levels have been slow rising but they have been rising so I am wondering if that would cause not much to be seen just yet. I hope someone has been in a similar situation and can share their advice xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mamabear1983" (Jun 2nd 2014, 4:41pm)

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 6:53pm

Hi mama bear,
I had a similar situation at end of last year. It didn't end well unfortunately but I have heard of other people who have had better luck.
I had a 3 day transfer then had slow rising hcg, they repeated scans and bloods a few times, the sac was there but was empty I ultimately miscarried at 9 weeks.
The hardest part was the waiting to see whether things were going to work out or not.
I hope your story has a happier ending and will keep everything crossed for you.
Are they scanning u again?
xxx
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 7:07pm

Hi Mamabear

I've also been in the same boat and, like Pip, had slow rising betas from the start. I did have a sac, but there wasn't any embryo that could be seen. I was in and out of hospital for several weeks for blood tests and ultimately it didn't end well for me. It was hugely draining and I know how awful a situation this must be for you - I'm sorry.

I think you will have to go with it for the moment, and I will keep things crossed that you will have a happy outcome. There are stories out there of pregnancies like this being okay, often if you have a retroverted uterus. Could this be you?

One thing - I assume they will have mentioned ectopic to you? If you have slow rising betas, it is something you need to be alert to, even with a sac as that does not rule it out.

Sending you a hug - it is a terrible shock to go to your scan and find out things aren't good. I really feel for you. Remember that you are not alone. There are at least several of us using the forum at the moment that have been in your shoes recently.

Jenny xx
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 9:16pm

Thanku for replying ladies i had a wee nap there and for a second I woke up thinking it had all been a dream. I literally have no words to describe how devastated I am. The Dr's ruled out ectopic the sac was definitely in my uterus I just can't believe this has happened I always thought it was too good to be true the ivf working 1st time. The waiting is horrendous I can't believe I have to live with this wait for another week I just wish I knew one way or another. I just feel so so sad xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mamabear1983" (Jun 2nd 2014, 9:18pm)

Pip

Monday, June 2nd 2014, 9:33pm

I am so sorry mamabear it really is a horrible thing to go through, try and look after yourself and keep your mind occupied, I know you won't feel like doing anything or seeing anyone but sitting around waiting can drive you mad.

I am thinking of you and sending u big hugs.

Sometimes things are just so unfair but you will get through this awful time
xxx

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 9:42am

Hello

yes, i can remember doing that - waking up and forgetting what had happened, only for it to come crashing back. It is awful and the sense of sadness just terrible.

Try and be kind to yourself and take it a day at a time. You won't feel like it now, but you will get through it. Make sure you get plenty of support around you.

xxx
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 2:48pm

:hugs: It's an awful thing to go through. I've been there too. But at the moment you still have hope that the Dr is right and you just have a slower implanter, sometimes they can;t see everything clearly until after 7 weeks anyway. some clinics don;t do a scan before then, even. I'll be keeping everything crossed that to works out well for you hun. Do you have to return for another scan in a week?

blowkiss

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 3:16pm

Thanku for ur reply I have to go back on Monday for another scan. To be honest I am not holding out much hope. I rang the hospital and asked for my blood results from yesterday the last one I had done was last Tuesday then one yesterday and they have dropped when they should have considerably increased. I've braced myself for the worst and now just have to sit and wait for it to happen. It's just so horrendous xxx

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 5:52pm

Am very sorry to hear about your bloods.

xxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, June 3rd 2014, 8:17pm

I am sorry about this. I know exactly what it feels like and wanted to give you a virtual hug :hugs:
It can take a long time for it to happen. See what the doctor says and what they can offer to you.
Take care blowkiss

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 12:23pm

Hi ladies just wanted to check in I'm even more confused today than I have been the past few. Last night I was in total agony still no bleeding and decided to go to a+e got there and seen the most loveliest dr he scanned me and took hcg levels etc. He said that My ovaries r very swollen obviously due to all ivf drugs. He still only seen the pregnancy sac which measured 5 weeks 3 days which is still off by my dates as I should be 7 weeks 1 day by that stage. So today I was at the hospital for my blood results and to check for ohss and the dr told me that my hcg levels wer 5046 she rang the hospital I was attending for the ivf and they said last Tuesday my hcg level was 1300 then it was taken 6 days later and it had dropped to 1000 and 2 days later it comes back at over 5000. Has anyone else ever heard of this can this still be a viable pregnancy I literally don't know Wat to think xxx

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 1:22pm

Hi Mamabear

What a terrible time you are having.

I think I have read things about figures going up, but that is the case where there may have been two embryos, one is lost (so the numbers drop), but the other one continues (but the HCG levels are lower, because only one embryo generating HCG).

I am sure they will have it covered, but a sac in your uterus does not preclude an ectopic pregnancy - there can be a 'pseudo sac' - and the pregnancy is still developing outside of your uterus. This was the fear with me, anyway.

I know this is all so alarming and confusing for you. Best of luck.

xxx

Pip

Monday, June 9th 2014, 9:49pm

Hi mamabear how r u getting on?
I did have my hcg levels drop a bit then rise before they dropped off. I can't remember the figures, I posted it in the novs thread, not sure if still visible.
Thinking of u and hoping things may have worked out for the better for u
xxx

Tuesday, June 10th 2014, 10:57am

hi

yes, I've been thinking of you too. How are you?

x

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Tuesday, June 10th 2014, 4:58pm

Me too x

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests