You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Lucyloo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Sunday, April 27th 2014, 8:07pm

Not new but could do with some advice been a while since I was here

Hi

I am not new to the site but a bit lot as where to post as it has been nearly a year since I was last here after a successful IVF.

So here goes. Last Tuesday I discovered I was pregnant over a year after my DS was born. I was about 9 weeks. Wit in 24 hours I was rushed to hospital and diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy. This wasn't my first ectopic as I suffered one in 2007 and lost my right tube so when I discovered I was pregnant I knew there was a 90% chance it would be ectopic. This one was in my left tube and I was told the only option was to remove my left tube as it was to dangerous to leave it in. To be honest I was always scared of getting pregnant naturally because of my previous ectopic and after a lap&dye test I was told my let tube was to damaged and along with PCOS the best option and safest one was IVF.

I suppose what I want to know is what now. Can I still have a second child with IVF or does this change everything?

We were gonna go through another cycle in 3 years time but does the fact I have no tubes now change this? I would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience please really could do with somebody to answer my questions as I have to wait 8 weeks for a follow up appointment xx

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Sunday, April 27th 2014, 8:45pm

Hi, as far as I'm aware as long as you have your ovaries you can have IVF. I've copied your question into the general IVF section as you may get more help there

good luck x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

• "Lucyloo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Sunday, April 27th 2014, 8:46pm

Thanks xx

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, April 28th 2014, 6:51am

Lucy I'm so sorry Hun xxxx

I think Cleo was in the same situation - might be worth sending her a message?
Take care
Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: May 30th 2010

Monday, April 28th 2014, 9:19pm

Hi,

I am sorry about your ectopic pregnancy.

Yes, you don't need tubes for IVF, just ovaries and womb as your eggs mature in your ovaries and would go to your womb through the tubes after ovulation. In IVF however they time things so they can get the eggs out just around ovulation time, while they are still in the ovaries. They are then fertilised with sperm and the fertilised egg - or now embryo is returned to the womb. So the tubes are bypassed :-)

xx

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE