You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LilMissBossy" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2012

Children: 1 GORGEOUS Baby Girl and one due in December

What's Up?
My O.H proposed ....I'm getting married!!!!!!
wedding2

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 11:23pm

Gestone injections... numb patches?

Hey ladies...

Random thread.... I am using gestone injections as progesterone hasn't been working for me this cycle.

Anyway, I quickly found out that OMG the injections hurt so much more than stimms.

My gp has prescribed emla cream so I can number the area before I inject. But something weird is happening... I have noticed that I have numb patches around my hip/tip of my thigh/buttock area. But never at the injection site. Is this normal?

I had a steroid injection into my coccyx a few months ago... could it maybe be that? Obviously I never noticed the numb patches until i started these injections.
1st IVF Cycle @ CRM London :BFP:
2nd IVF Cycle @ CRM London :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 26th 2010

Friday, April 25th 2014, 7:43pm

Hi, confratulations on your pregnancy! I did these injections for months and my butt cheeks didn't return to normal for months even after I stopped the jabs. The stims injections go just under your skin, these ones are straight into muscle and thats why they are so much more painful! I would say what you're saying sounds very similar to what I felt but obviously having had a steroid injection too it might be best just to check with your clinic. Best of luck x
IVF April 10 - AF arrived 3 days before OTD
ICSI June 10 - AF arrived 3 days before OTD...again
ICSI Feb 11 - AF arrived 8 days before OTD
ICSI Oct 11 - BFP then mc at 7wks
ICSI Mar 12 - BFP 06/04/12 [zx076] Samuel James born 05/12/12