You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Macksie" started this thread

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 9:11pm

Pinkish or peachy coloured discharge with crinone gel

Hi ladies

Hoping to see if anyone else has had experience of this while on the crinone progesterone pessaries.

I'm around 6 weeks pregnant waiting for the first scan which isn't till 22nd everything has been fine until last couple of days have noticed in the usual fall out from the gel where it builds up and tends to come out in clumps some bits of it are pink tinged well more of a peach or salmon colour. It's only been the odd little bit and I have had it before on my previous cycles but as I'm pregnant obviously I'm more concerned. I have read that the gel can irritate the cervix??
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 9:24pm

This hasn't happened to me as I never used crinone gel but I do remember reading other ladies saying the same about it. I can't remember who sorry but I have definitely heard it before, if that makes you less worried x

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 9:46pm

Thanks RB I remember you from my last cycle im sorry to hear you lost one of your babies I hope you're doing ok and your other baby is thriving. Thanks so much for replying. I'm sure someone will come along who can hopefully put my mind at rest.

I have read that it's best not to insert the pessary as far so I'll try that hopefully it's all ok.
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 7:48am

Hi, I used crinone gel on a few of my goes and always got the pink colouring on it. I know its scary at the time but like you said it irritates the cervix. Also I used to get quite a build up of the gel and dont think that helped, my clinic told me to sit in a warm bath and try to ease it out, sorry for tmi. Xx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 8:49am

Ah thanks kat it helps to put my mind at ease the first of many worries I guess!! I'll try a bath as you suggest xx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 9:49am

Just to update this in case anyone else needs the answer I've spoken to the clinic and they said its very common as the applicator can aggravate the vaginal wall so when the gel comes out it can have the pinky tinge to it. She also said if it builds up then it can turn a browny colour so as long as it's the gel coming out like that then it's nothing to worry about.

What amazes me is if this is so common then why don't the manufacturers of the gel put it in their side affects.
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

kat13 (11.10.2013)