You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Steff" started this thread

Reg: Feb 17th 2009

Children: Ashley my little gift, 3 years old

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 4:44pm

Confused

Hi, can anyone tell me when in the cycle they started taking the progynova because I was under the impression it was not long after period but my letter from clinic says to take it on 5th oct which is 9 days after period, they really arnt very clear to read the instructions, I thought I was getting a nurse consultation to discuss it all but I just got an instructions letter that isn't very explanatory and if I phone to speak to a nurse about it they seem to get annoyed that I'm taking up their time with questions
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 7:35pm

This should be fine steff on my second fet they didn't start the hrt till a week after my period started. I take it you've down regged so basically they are in control of it all iwas told it makes no odds how quick you start the progynova as your ovaries have been shut down.
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 7:39pm

I'm glad you have asked because I have been wondering the same! I start down regging on 15th but have no idea when I will start the progynova after that! I have a baseline scan booked for 28th which will hopefully be after AF has finished and I guess they will start it after that?

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Friday, October 4th 2013, 8:02am

Thanks Macksie, yeah down reg for a day over 3 weeks now seems ages, I just wasn't clear about it all, I'm not having a scan either, they've just told me start progynova on 5th then stop buserelin on 13th start pessaries on 14th phone the lab on 13th to arrange to thaw the embryo and come in for FET on 17th. It's just all really scary like I'm doin it on my own without their guidance and I'm uncertain if it's all right, frustrates me because it's my only attempt at having another child I couldn't afford to do it again and I would have liked some1 to sit down and explain it all to me not just send an instruction leaflet with a box of medication :-(
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Friday, October 4th 2013, 8:05am

Curly tails have u been told much or are you going along guessing what's right too? X
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Friday, October 4th 2013, 3:32pm

Are they not doing a scan to check your lining?
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

Friday, October 4th 2013, 3:49pm

Well they have said nothing about a scan and it doesn't say anything about one on the form so I have no idea when am I supposed to have one? X
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Friday, October 4th 2013, 6:19pm

I would call and ask to speak to someone to clarify it hun I would have thought they will do a lining check as they need to make sure it's the right thickness and if they need to up your dose of progynova
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Friday, October 4th 2013, 6:48pm

Just wanted to pop in to say I started cycloprogynova on Day 5 of my cycle. Agree with the other ladies though that you should probably call the clinic and ask them to clarify.

Good luck!

Connie xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

Friday, October 4th 2013, 7:27pm

I haven't even started the progynova yet! I will only be on it for 12 days before the transfer even tho they've given me over 100 tablets I have rang the clinic 3 times been there once but the nurses are really rude and act like I'm being a nuisance I started the whole process on the 10th sep and haven't started progynova yet, I asked a nurse face to face if it was right that I don't start them until the 5th October and she said if that's what it says on your letter then yes
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Friday, October 4th 2013, 7:28pm

And Hi by the way thanku for responding :)
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 2:17pm

Hi hon, sorry, I have searched under my bed for my protocols but they have vanished.. I can't remember, I will keep looking xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 3:46pm

Ahh thanks Dusky, I managed to speak to a nurse who was lovely any explained everything to me. And it's all goin to plan from what she was telling me, sometimes they dr u for a little longer and it doesn't hurt, I've started my progynova they are bloody awful, and have made my endo flare up! :-( but I just keep sayin to myself its only a few bad side effects to get something really special and important just keep smiling! :o) just can't wait for the transfer and the test!
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Reg: Oct 5th 2013

Children: one daughter

Thursday, October 10th 2013, 4:03pm

Thanks for all your useful information!

I'm doing some researches on this subject & really wanna find out more. Do we also have any other talk or discussion related to taking care of patients after infertility treatment at home? Just wonder what if we need to follow any special recipe or something like that? What we should do for some adjustments if needed? ?o(

All ideas will be highly appreciated... :thumbsup:
Many thanks & best regards,

E.J
Mum of 1. Took 6 years to conceive. Vietnamese and live in London.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests