You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rallygirl" started this thread

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 1:50pm

Help! Flatulence! (TMI ALERT)

Hi Folks

I suppose i'm just looking for a little sympathy really. Has anyone else suffered from pretty bad flatulence :snigger: during pregnancy ??? It's not so much the amount but the smell [zx199] !!!! My poor DH is suffering (not in silence) but there's not a lot i can do. Even when i eat pretty much the same foods 2 days in a row, i end up being really smelly one day but not the next???

Obviously i'm doing the only sensible thing and blaming it all on baby :snigger: but am pretty mortified most of the time. I love a bit of the old toilet humour but this is starting to get me down a bit :thumbdown: Please dont get me wrong, after everything DH and i have been through over the last 18 months i am so so grateful to be pregnant again and if this is the price we have to pay to bring home a healthy baby, then we will gladly suffer the hideous stench!! Would just be nice to know i'm not the only one.

Thanks for reading.

blowkiss xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 6th 2009

Children: 14 yr old DD & 14 month old DS

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 3:10pm

Oh Rallygirl, I just literally laughed out loud lmao
It does seem as though we have more than heartburn in common!! These pesky hormones are something else huh?! Mine was particulary bad when I had to take some lactulose to ease the blockage (apologies for again tmi!) and I actually heaved a few times at the smell.....
I just wanted to say, " I'm hearing ya sister"
I did find that eucalyptus oil in an air purifier helped combat the linger, but I can only suggest drinking more water to help the ol tummy region out by passing everything through a bit quicker!
I hope that for the sake of your sinus' it eases soon
Blue
:xxx:

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 3:37pm

Aww, thank you BBE and thank god i'm not the only one. What a pair eh?? Ever since the day of my BFP my guts have been in absolute turmoil. My poor baby will never get any sleep with my tummy gurgling and bubbling away all day and night. I definitely did not have this with my last pregnancy.

Thankfully i've not had too much bother with blockages :O but i think i'd rather put up with the bottom burps than be blocked up any day!! Oh the joys!! Still got some nice smelly candles from Christmas that i am furiously burning :snigger:

I have a horrible feeling this isn't going to ease and will be here till LO arrives. Just have to wear a warning sign to "keep your distance".

blowkiss xxx

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 4:21pm

I farted like a trooper throughout all my pregnancies. The smell was rotten and vile. par for the course me thinks. My DH gaged often but in the end, he understood that I carry the baby and the smell of that fact is his part of the pregnancy :)

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Reg: Aug 18th 2012

Children: 1 son who has just turned 3

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 6:45pm

I have the same thing not so much smell but it sounds like trumpets and is both ends for me.
The amount of times I have opened my mouth to speak and I have burped really loudly!! whoops3

The midwife says it is one of those things!

I do find if I drink lots it seems a bit better.

Not much help with how to deal with it but I know how you feel.
:hugs:

Redwillows second climb of the horse My Diary

iui :BFN: X2

Ivf October 2008 :BFP: 1 beautiful baby1 10th July 2009

September start for number 2 :BFP: [zx076] seen 7+3 , 12+3 ,16+5,21+4 and 28 bab21

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Tuesday, March 19th 2013, 11:39pm

:chortle:

Oh Rally, and you too Blue, and RW, I am sorry - just had to pop in and sympathise with you lovely ladies (though glad we're not attending aquanatal classes together...? :snigger: )

I've not been affected by pregnancy trumpet-trousers too badly, surprisingly for a lentil-munching vegetarian - though with the two stinky lads in my house nobody would be likely to notice me anyway. But I have had majorly bad constipation and associated cramps, and what I'd do for a good old fart to ease the pressure at times! So, I dunno, maybe the flatulence is the lesser of the two evils. Like many pregnancy niggles, hopefully it'll come and go and ease off a bit as time goes on. Drinking lots of water and filling the house with lovely smells sounds like the way to go anyway. Hopefully the weather will take a change for the better soon and you can open the windows and get lots of lovely fresh air in too!

Lxxx
blowkiss

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Wednesday, March 20th 2013, 1:25pm

Thank you folks, definitely dont feel so alone with my gassy woes!!!

I think you're right Moogle, it is the lesser of 2 evils (not sure Phil would agree :snigger: ) as i'm not actually in pain with it. Whereas constipation can be so uncomfortable and painful!!

Happy farting ladies!! :chortle:

xxx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE