You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "weeyin" started this thread

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Wednesday, February 20th 2013, 1:27pm

Potty Training Twins

Hi,
Havent posted on this for a while, but Im really looking for some advice.

My twin girls are almost 2, and Im hopefully going to get them potty trained in the summer time. Was looking for some advice from twin mums really - Did you potty train them both together? What age did you do it at? And any other hints and tips?

My girls seem to do synchronised poo's (dont laugh - but they are twins!), any other mummies of twins do weird things like this? It has always freaked me out, one hides behind the couch and the other behind the living room curtains, normally followed by lots of weird noises! :) :) :)

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Wednesday, February 20th 2013, 5:29pm

I did mine seperately. One was ready, the other wasn't. DD2 potty trained in August when she was 2 years 4 months, and DD1 over Xmas when she was 2 years, 8 months. DD2 was obviously ready when I trained her and she got it in 3 days. DD1 wasn't the slightest bit bothered that I didn't train her and was clearly not ready as she would only wear the potty on her head. When I finally trained DD1 she was also ready and it again took just 3 days.

It was far easier than I expected it to be. Just make a fuss of the success (we rewarded with a smartie and a sticker) and don't make a big deal about any accidents but instead suggest that they try the potty next time.

I bought a travel potty (a Pottette) which was totally brilliant and meant that we weren't chained to the house is the early days, but we did stay at home for the first couple of days.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Wednesday, February 20th 2013, 7:11pm

I have just potty trained my twins at 2 years 5 mths. Lia was dry during the night and was doing her first pee in the potty in the morning. I bought them pants and it took 2 days which we just stayed in the house. I also used sweets and stickers which they loved. I found they encouraged each other when one done a pee the other tried too. We had a few accidents with poos but all going great now. I think as long as they are both ready and can communicate well it is easier than you think. I was dreading it. Good luck x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE