You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lisa Lou

• "Lisa Lou" started this thread

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Wednesday, January 30th 2013, 9:57pm

asprin

Please help girls, I am 15 weeks pregnant and have had a banging headache for the last two days. I dont like to take any meds whilst pregnant so was just trying to ride it out, but this afternoon it got too much and I raided the medicine box.
We only had asprin...after thinking bout it for a minute I decided that asprin was the safe one to take and then swallowed two tablets which is a total of 600mg!
It was as only early this evening I started to doubt my decision and looked asprin up on line...I now realise pregnant women are not meant to take it!
I feel terrible that I have harmed my precious baby and caused some serious health problems...and I dont know wot to do!
My husband tells me not to worry as it was just once but he how can we be sure!!
I know baby asprin is safe in pregnancy which is why I think I got confused and took it but I now realise baby asprin is a mich lower dose.
Has anyone else made this same mistake and was your little one ok?

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 30th 2013, 10:40pm

Lisa, please don't worry!!! If you were taking aspirin every four hours, day after day for weeks or months AND IF you were newly pregnant or IF you were already suffering from some kind of complications then and IF your baby was due to be born then yes, ok, that wouldn't be a great idea.

It affects your blood clotting so you can see how that would be a problem in early pregnancy and there are studies that show that continued use can cause complications. Taking it at the end of pregnancy 'regularly' could logically cause problems when you were due to give birth and if you were going to be at risk of blood loss. That makes total sense?

You took a single dose, you're healthy and you're having a healthy pregnancy. There isn't a lot that 600mg of aspirin can do to that unless you're hugely allergic or a one in a billion. It would be unreasonable to think that you've actually done any harm.

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 11:14am

Lisa

I agree with everything Bells has said. A one off dose really is not going to cause any harm so please try not to worry. I had terrible headaches in my second trimester and eventually gave in to paracetamol, it really is safe to use as long as you dont go over 8 tablets in 24 hours.

Hope you can shift your headache hun, i have loads of sympathy for you, they are horrid aren't they?

xxx

Lisa Lou

• "Lisa Lou" started this thread

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Friday, February 1st 2013, 11:54am

Thank you so mucb bells and rallygirl your posts really did help put my mind at rest. I have been trying to post for ages but I couldnt for some reason so apologise for the delay. I k ow wot u have said makes perfect sence and my midwife pretty much mirrored your response aswell so I must stop worrying...I just feel so stupid for making such a mistake. My headache has now lifted so that is good.
Thanks again x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests