You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "nic x x x" started this thread

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 10:44am

What supplements are you taking, pregnant with twins

Hi all

Just a wee question as to what supplements or diet requirements everyone is taking while pregnant with twins. I have what I believe a healthy ish diet with the odd wee treat. Eating fresh fruit, unfortunately off veg right now yuk. Yogurts, cheese, Len meats, lots of starchy carbs.

I have just found out I have a slight iron and calcium deficiency. I am currently not taking any pregnancy supplements such as pregnacare although I am on 5mg folic acid, 75 mg aspirin, vitamin d, and now to start taking iron tablets. Should I be taking pregnancare, thought maybe that would give me too much folic acid if I did that over and above my 5mg.

Thanks

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 12:53pm

Hi, Nic
I only have the one child but I took the folic acid together with a pregnancy multivitamin/multimineral on the instructions of my gynae in order to ensure that I lacked for nothing. The only advise I can give is to give your doc/midwife a ring and ask whether you should take the pregnacare as well or not...
Regards

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 1:05pm

Thank you rene, I could kick myself as I was on the phone this morning to maternity triage and never thought about asking till I was off the phone. Will speak to midwife at next appointment I think x

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 2:17pm

Not sure if it's different for twins but I take Pregnacare with Omega 3 capsules. I did with my last pregnancy too.

I would check with your MW.

xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 4:18pm

Def going to check with my midwife as I am already on the highest dose of folic acid due to having twins and taking pregnancare would take me over that dose although can you ever have too much folic acid. I am on quite a lot already although maybe if I was taking pregnacare I wouldn't have needed to be taking further supplements x x x

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 4:34pm

I'm no doctor and I'm not qualified in any medical field but I don't think you can take too much folic acid, so maybe take pregnacare to get all your vitamins and minerals as well as folic acid ? Can you top up the FA with a lower dose one if you feel more comfortable doing that? Congratulations on your BFP! x

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 9:39pm

Thanks net, I think I might speak to midwife next week and start taking it, I don't know why I thought I couldn't take it, I have always used pregnacare while ttc and through treatment x x x

Saturday, January 26th 2013, 9:40pm

Wow not long for you to go now net, congratulations sorry I never noticed your ticker x xx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (26.01.2013)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE