You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rallygirl" started this thread

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 3:03pm

Please help, slowly going mad!!

I am currently 10 +3weeks pregnant and have just started getting period pain this afternoon. I'm really struggling to keep it together. I've had a few scans already and baby has been growing and doing fine but this grumbling in my tummy has really thrown me this afternoon. I'm not bleeding but it just feels like AF is coming. I know these types of pain are normal in the earlier weeks but please can someone reassure me they can happen at this stage??? I cant remember if i had it last time i was pg.

Going a bit doolally!!!!

xxx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 3:10pm

Hi Rally girl
I had similar pains early on. Easier said than done but try and relax, my body did all sorts of things in early pregnancy and I ended up in the epu three times but all was OK. All the very best xxx

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 3:18pm

Hi Rallygirl please do not worry yourself sick hun, i had period pains myself at the weekend and it really made me think omg whats going on here, but they went after an hour or so and havent come back since . I have a dopler too and have checked bubba and he/she is fine in there....i think its just our bodies changing and doing all kinds of wierd but wonderful thing right now. see how they go, they should go away soon enough
x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 3:44pm

Hi, Hun
Yes, these pains are quite common. At this point in pregnancy your uterus is just about/starting to rise out of the pelvis and the ligaments are under more tension resulting in increased discomfort. Also, the uterus is growing so fast it is very likely it is going to grumble and complain about all this stretching that is going on.

If it is worrying you, though, it does not matter how many of us say this. Is there any way that you can get an additional reassurance scan? I know I would be wanting one (even if I could not get one I would want it) were I in your position...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Aug 18th 2012

Children: 1 son who has just turned 3

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 4:30pm

The stretching pains you get are very similar I am still getting them they are very off putting but my midwife has said to relax and not worry unless the is any bleeding.
Easier said than done but we need to try!

Redwillows second climb of the horse My Diary

iui :BFN: X2

Ivf October 2008 :BFP: 1 beautiful baby1 10th July 2009

September start for number 2 :BFP: [zx076] seen 7+3 , 12+3 ,16+5,21+4 and 28 bab21

• "rallygirl" started this thread

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 4:54pm

Thank you so much ladies, your replies have definitely helped. I've had a bath and (i'm afraid) taken a paracetamol and it has calmed down. It really doesn't help that DH is away with work but he is back tomorrow evening.

Rene, we have a reassurance scan booked for Thursday morning so only another couple of days to go. I felt there wasn't much point trying to bring it forward with hubby being away.

Thanks again folks.

xxx

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 5:30pm

Don't beat yourself up over the paracetamol. It is considered safe in pregnancy and if it helped then it is worth it. Glad that you are having another scan soon...
Hugs and positive vibes...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 9:30pm

Oh Rally honey, why can't pregnancy just be nice and straightforward eh? Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now. I've had AF-type pains in every pregnancy - in this one especially, between about 11-13 weeks I had a lot of persistent pain and also succumbed to the old paracetamol (as Rene says, perfectly safe - don't feel guilty!) There is a lot of stretching going on in there as you approach the second trimester (yay!). And sometimes the pain can feel even worse if constipation and general sickiness come into play too. I wish I could say "don't worry", but it's impossible isn't it? And I'd be a total hypocrite! :rollseyes: But it'll all be fine. Really looking forward to hearing the good news from Thursday's scan.

Take care lovely lady xxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 22nd 2013, 9:38pm

Hi Chic
I had these. I do believe they are common pains in most pregnancy.
Nothing I say is going to convince you all is ok but Hopefuly that scan on Thurs will.
You are going to be a nervous wreck honey after all you have been through. You are going to fret like no tomorrow and none of us can stop that. The fact DH is away will just add to your worry. You can always pop along to your nearest EPU or A&E if you get that worried. If it takes a scan a week to keep you going then thats what my Rally should have.

Look after yourself sweetie. X

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY