You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "pheobe" started this thread

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Saturday, January 12th 2013, 11:05pm

Nervous about growth scan!

Well I was ok but now I'm not sure what it all means :/

Since being measured I have always been 1cm ahead of my weeks. No GD or BP issues. Seen a different midwife every blooming time!

Last Thursday saw a midwife who didn't feel about just loosely laid measure over me, told me how broody she was and said I was 4cm ahead of my weeks....and to come back a week later if still big need a scan. Worried I asked what would happen she said oh we'll induce you!!!

I then on the Saturday had antenatal classes the midwife offered to measure me and I was 1cm ahead (bit of a change in 2 days!).

Th following just gone Thursday saw another midwife and measured 3cm ahead of weeks I was 35+2.

Now got growth scan Monday! Midwife said not to worry but I don't know what worst case scenario will be an scared given we are this far with no issues....is It just they may induce if baby too big to get out at 40wks?

I'm probably being pathetic but I have white coat syndrome so panic a little :( hope bubba is happy well I'm getting kicked a lot and been extra hungry these last two days reckon baby will look like rice Crispie with what I have eaten :) lol

Anyone else had this?

Xxxxx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pheobe" (Jan 12th 2013, 11:07pm)

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Saturday, January 12th 2013, 11:36pm

I was always measured over hun, they used to worry me like they are you I had no end of growth scans and baby was only ever measuring a wk or 2 ahead, but he came out at 6lb 12oz!! All the MW even the con said I was going to have a 9lber!!!
Try not to worry hun, good luck for your scan x
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

• "pheobe" started this thread

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 4:54am

Thanks Cheenab honestly some MW give over the top info that it is not relevant - even the team leader a hospital said that to me not realising they are freaking you out and googling lol

I'm sure it will be fine but I'm still nervous... still guess helps to know if baby is a big one ;) just grateful and thankful for our miracle x

Thanks for your advice xxx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 10:23am

Hi Pheobe

please try not to worry, i had the opposite prob they always said i measured 3-4 weeks small, i had 9 growth scans all in it was awful and everytime i had a scan the baby measured fine and i had a 7lb baby.

my cousin was told she was small and ended up having a 9lb boy so please don't worry your almost at the end

take care

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 9:50pm

Hi pheobe, hope you're doing ok. Somewhere on the forum someone else had a fab way of putting the accuracy of measurements - it was something like getting your DH to crawl under a duvet, curl up into a ball and then you should measure the size of the lump on the bed and guess how tall he is.

Hope all goes OK tomorrow x
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Reg: Dec 14th 2011

Children: I have two sons 15 + 12 and a daughter who's 6 years old and another little man on route :)

Monday, January 14th 2013, 4:15pm

Hi Pheobe hope your scan went well? I had growth scan at 33weeks as I keep measuring 2-3cms ahead and he's off the chart, they thought 10-11lb baby but scan said 9lb birth approximate (he was 4lb 11oz at the scan). My last boy I had was 8lb 14oz born and this lil man I'm carrying now is not going to top that I'm sure. As other people and yourself said they all measure you differently :(

Xxx