You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Net

• "Net" started this thread

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, January 8th 2013, 12:00pm

carpal tunnel

Hi
I am suffering so badly with carpal tunnel in both hands, I can't sleep more than about an hour at night and my left hand in particular is numb and stiff, even picking up a glass is hard. I am using wrist splints and stretching my fingers etc but does anyone have any other ideas? Not sure I can handle this for another six weeks, I was in tears with it last night out of frustration. I guess it's good practice for sleepless nights -iamexhausted -no proper sleep for eight weeks now.
Thank you!
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, January 8th 2013, 8:37pm

hi Net

i feel your pain i had it pretty much all the time from 20 weeks getting worse near the end and i used a computer at work all day which didn't help, i couldn't feel my hands when i woke in the morning but the only thing i found helped was warm water.

other than sore hands i hope your well

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Tuesday, January 8th 2013, 9:13pm

Do you sleep propped up? That really helped me. I got it right at the start of my 1st (failed) pregnancy, ended up having to have the operation. Then it came back in my las pregnancy, in the second tri and it went virtually as soon as she was born. I feel your pain, it is horrible - what does your doctor say?

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Net

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 7:51am

Thanks ladies. It's by far the worst 'side effect' of PG I have had. My poor DH has had to deal with a lot of tears of pain and frustration this past week, usually at about 3am.

Yep sleeping propped up on 3 pillows - last night had best night in weeks, only woke up 3 times and managed to sleep in until 7.30am, feeling almost human. I slept with both wrists propped on a pillow. Hurting again this morning and typing isn't much fun. Have booked a GP's appointment for tomorrow.

Daisy, did you have the surgery whilst PG (hope you don't mind me asking that, I'm sorry if it's upsetting). Also, does anyone know if the steroid injections are safe whilst PG? I am glad I am on maternity leave as there is no way I could do my normal job which was typing all day. My hands have gone numb just typing this, and my left hand is permanently numb and painful. My fingers feel like they are about 90 years old if that makes sense.

Thanks again. xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Wednesday, January 9th 2013, 11:01pm

Hi Net, Ask away, I have my miracle now so happy to talk about my losses. No, had my surgery after my pregnancy as the CT just got worse and worse and worse to the point I couldn't hold anything and would drop cups etc etc. I'm not sure about the surgery whilst pregnant. Although it is done under local, there is a hell of a lot of swelling - my fingers were as big as sausages - literally! PLus your dr may take the stance of "it will go away when baby is born".

Let us know how you get on xx

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Net

Thursday, January 10th 2013, 7:30am

Thanks Daisy. I went to my doctor yesterday. He said steroids were a no no and tho try acupuncture, so I went yesterday afternoon. It was so painful - I guess we shall see if it works after a few more sessions. I guess I'm going to just have to 'suck it up'!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests