You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "nic x x x" started this thread

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 6:22pm

Heart palpitations from around 9 weeks pregnant with twins, worried

Hi all I was wondering if anyone else expecting has developed heart palpitations. They scare me to death. I have always had them but once in a blue moon, now I can have them pretty much constantly. My doctor thinks they are extrasystoles which is an extra heart beat. I have had na ecg done but typical i didnt have a palpatation when hooked up so showed nothing.I am having a 24 hour tape put on next week. I have had my thyroid tested it came back dine and I am not anaemic either. My scan on the 31 st showed all well with my babies but I can't help but worry x x x

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 6:33pm

Hi nic :hi:

I am 35 weeks pregnant and have been suffering this on and off for few months. I read about something called SVT ....here's a link....

Supraventricular Tachycardia | Health | Patient.co.uk

:xxx3:

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 7:57pm

I had it too during pregnancy with my twins. Had a 24 hr tape done that was negative. I generally felt unwell and unfortunately ended up with post partum cardiomyopathy :( not sure if it was related. Hopefully all will be ok as so many of these things are common in multiple pregnancies and make sure Gp keeps on top of it. Take care and good luck x

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 10:04pm

Thank you so much for your reply kittenlove and Kirstin x

It really is quite scary and I am worrying myself sick. When did you both start to notice this and what were your symptoms. My heart doesn't really race although I have an extra beat which thuds then heart pauses until next beat. It generally makes me want to cough when this happens but other than that no symptoms such as dizziness etc.

How do you feel now Kirstin and is there anything you can't do, what are the implications x

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 10:12pm

Yes I felt an extra beat too but it was probably about 16 weeks and I was dizzy. I had really bad leg oedema after the birth and suffered from shortness of breath but no one was concerned as kept saying it was normal in multiple pregnancy until the damage was done and I was seriously ill. This does not mean that this will happen to you so please don't think it will. Try and take it easy as stress will not help I know it is easier said than done. When your expecting twins you definately have double the worry lol

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

nic x x x (02.01.2013)

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 10:18pm

Oh no Kirstin that sounds awful, how are you now? Could the damage have been prevented then. Sorry for all the questions x

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 10:20pm

I am fine thank goodness my DH gets palpitations and needs to cough to help but it is nothing to worry about. Stress or tiredness triggers him so hopefully you are the same. Sorry don't want to scare you ;(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kirstin" (Jan 2nd 2013, 10:23pm)

Wednesday, January 2nd 2013, 10:37pm

I am glad you are fine. I do stress about things and I do worry about health especially since we have been doubly blessed after all our waiting. I will try no to worry until there is something to worry about, hopefully there isn't. It is usually stress or hunger that triggers mine which is bizarre x

Friday, January 4th 2013, 7:42pm

Been at docs again as wound myself up so much with worry. What an amazing doctor I saw tonight, he went back to basics and took my pulse and noticed that my heart seemed to drop a beat. He asked me to try and not worry easier said than done then asked if he could phone an on call heart consultant and have a chat with him then phone me back. True to his word he phoned me back and the heart consultant said it sounded like irregular heart beats and asked if I could have extra blood tests to check my electrolytes and then to continue with having my 24hour tape next Tuesday. I felt happier in the fact he is doing something about it which is reassuring.

Tuesday, January 8th 2013, 9:51pm

So today at 2.30pm I had a 24 hour tape attached today, had an ecg done beforehand and typical no palpitations while it was on, had loads sitting in the waiting room. Once monitor attached i started getting them and continued to until about 8pm. Hopefully they will be able to she'd some light on the palpitations as they are worrying me no end. I really just want to enjoy being pregnant x x x

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests