You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Cherlou

Superstar

• "Cherlou" started this thread

Reg: Apr 8th 2011

Children: Hoping for a miracle!

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 8:40pm

Morning sickness...How much is too much?

Hi all
Am currently 8 weeks pregnant...can't believe I finally get to say that. I am also having twins!!

I have been suffering with sickness since 6 weeks and it is all day every day. I get absolutely ravenous every few hours and if I don't eat I throw up bile and empty retch which is the worst. If I eat I feel better but then 5 minutes after I throw it all up. Only thing I've kept down lately is an ice lolly! I'm also throwing up a lot of water.

Obviously I'm exhausted and feel weak, dizzy and constantly nauseous. I have been given anti sickness meds by my local clinic yesterday but am hesitant to use them yet. Part of me thinks I should try and ride it out until the end of the first tri and hope it improves. I know another lady on here suffered but managed to resist the drugs until 15 weeks. I feel like I'm giving up to soon by taking them so early on, plus how long can you take them for?
At the same time I don't want to hurt my lil beans by being so ill.

So just after a little advice really ladies. I have been wearing sea bands for over a week but they haven't helped.

Thanks
Cher xxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
1 IVF May 11 0 fert. :tears:
2 ICSi Sept 11 :BFN: :tears:
3 ICSI Jan 12 :BFN: :tears:
ARGC
4 ICSI Immune cycle (IVIG/Steroids) July 12 :BFN: :tears:
5 FET Oct :BFP: It's a :boy: and :girl:

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 9:02pm

Hiya,

I was on tablets from about 7 weeks until 13 weeks. I couldn't keep anything down and like you it was all day everyday. Even brushing my teeth made me sick.

If you're dizzy and constantly being sick you won't be getting the nutrients you need to keep you well.

For me it was either take the tablets and feel more human and feel like I was able to eat and give my body the nutrients it needed or suffer, and for me, suffering wasn't an option!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Cherlou (29.11.2012)

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 9:04pm

hi cherlou

i can't give you advice on the morning sickness however i had a sickness bug about 18 weeks preg and couldn't keep anything down, my local clinic said to just sip water regularly and that not to worry too much about food at that point, but if i started to throw up the water to i might need to go into hospital incase i got dehydrated as it's very dangerous for babies, i also know a couple of girls who have ended up in hospital due to severe morning sickness but not sure how severe it was.

hope this helps slightly

and :congrats: on your good news

hope you feel better soon

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Cherlou (29.11.2012)

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 9:23pm

Hi Cherlou - first up, congrats on reaching 8 weeks, I'm so pleased to hear all is going well with your little twinnies! :D

I had severe morning sickness last year, and by 9 weeks it had got so bad that I was admitted to hospital with dehydration. Same as you, I couldn't even keep little sips of water down. I was given some anti-sickness medication and spent around 16 hours on a drip, before being scanned and sent home with a tub of Cyclizine tablets. Are these the same ones you have? I was also reluctant to take them, as with any medication in pregnancy, but as it turned out I only had to take them for maybe a day or so before my sickness eased considerably. And these tablets are prescribed frequently for morning sickness, so they are considered safe. Of course, it's totally your choice to take them or not, but it may well be worth it just to get you through the worst of it and preferably avoid severe dehydration - which isn't good for you or your babies.

xfingers crossed that by suffering sickness early on, it'll hopefully ease up in a couple of weeks for you.

Take care hun xxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Cherlou (09.12.2012)

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 9:26pm

Oh, and if the ice lollies are staying down ok, then bring 'em on I say! ;)

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Cherlou

Superstar

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 7:05am

Thanks ladies. Moggle yep it's the cyclizine they have given me. Am still on so much other medication from clinic, think that's why I'm reluctant to add more. But then if it helps that's what matters.

Silly question but how do u know if it's bad enough to need to go to hosiptal for fluids? I read that a sigb of dehydration was not going to the toilet...but I am still going a lot. Think I need to try as much as I can to keep drinking, especially after I'm sick..,even if some of it comes back up xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 7:42am

Cher my friend has had this and she took the drugs and felt so much better- she couldn't keep anything down even water. She went to hospital twice for fluids - both times sent by doctor. Her lips were all dry and felt really rough. Losing weight etc (which you are arent you?)Tbh I'd take the drugs to prevent needing a stay in hospital and get on top of it. She's 24 weeks now and it is much better than it was and she isn't taking the tablets now. I wouldn't recommend struggling on if you can't keep anything down xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

Cherlou (09.12.2012)

annab2

Reg: Feb 7th 2012

Children: Not yet

Thursday, November 29th 2012, 3:13pm

Congratulations Cher! I just wanted to let you know that my acupuncture lady mentioned that acupuncture helps to ease sickness. Hope it goes away and you feel better soon xx
April 2012- ICSI BFN
Nov/Dec 2012- ICSI BFP

Reg: Mar 19th 2011

Sunday, December 2nd 2012, 9:21pm

Congrats hun! So happy for you. Can't believe I missed this amazing news! So sorry you are feeling so sick. Don't worry about taking the meds, they are completely safe for your little ones. Eat little and often and keep hydrated. Ice lollies are great. seek medical advice if you can't keep water down. I was incredibly sick for 20 Weeks. Anti sickness meds can help but not always. Worth a try though because dehydration is dangerous for your precious cargo! Lots of love. Xx

Cherlou (09.12.2012)

Cherlou

Superstar

Friday, December 7th 2012, 9:01pm

Thanks girls, great to hear from u poppy! I remember how poorly you were with it!!

Really appreciate all your advice. I battled on but the last 2 days have been the worst yet and I am now so physically exhausted and really miserable which isn't right. I always thought I would be buzzing and yet am crying loads as I just feel so so poorly.

Am going to start the cyclizine tomorrow , 3 a day. Am truly hoping I feel a difference as nothing else I have tried has worked...literally nothing.

How will I know when to stop taking them? Is it when u feel better? But maybe ur only better cos of the drugs. Am at gp on Monday so might pick his brain about that.

Still nervous about adding even more drugs to my goody bag but am just gonna have to do it. They wouldn't give it to me if it wasn't safe.

Just need to keep repeating that!!!

Xxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Reg: Mar 19th 2011

Sunday, December 9th 2012, 4:22pm

I'm so sorry to hear you are still suffering. You are right though, they wouldn't give it to you if it wasn't safe. It is dangerous for you to get de hydrated so important for you to be able to eat and drink. It will get better though. I think it was trial and error for me when to stop but to give you an idea, I was on and of them until about 18 Weeks, everyone is different though. Fingers crossed you start to feel better. I know how horrid and worrying it is. Take care hun. Xxx

Cherlou (09.12.2012)

Reg: Jan 10th 2012

Children: None

Sunday, December 9th 2012, 4:49pm

Hey Cherlou

Sorry you're suffering with the sickness, something I know all about. Don't think a day passed until I reached week 16-17 without spewing. I was the same as you couldn't keep anything down but was hungry all the time. I was also prescribed anti sickness but was worried about taking them, instead I suffered on a daily basis which I now regret but glad the worse is behind me. Like other have said providing you can keep rehydrated that's the main thing. I use to make orange lucazade ice cubes to suck along with water cubes when I was really struggling to keep fluids down. I also use to take a pee sample to my GP & they'd test it regular to make sure I wasn't dehydrated.
Just when my sickness was beginning to settle down I picked up a DV bug & had to start the anti sickness meds as I became dehydrated very quickly & my GP was going to send me to hospital. I still have the odd day sickness & now take the meds as & when I need them recommended by both my GP & MW. Since I've been doing this I feel less exhausted & less miserable. I know it's horrible but it will ease & you will start to feel better. Until then take things easy & relax as much as poss & try & eat little & often. Think I lived on crisps & toast for weeks xXx

1st IVF cycle Feb 2012 :BFN: :sniff:

2nd IVF cycle July 2012 :BFP: bab22

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "sazlou" (Dec 9th 2012, 4:52pm)

Cherlou (09.12.2012)

Cherlou

Superstar

Sunday, December 9th 2012, 6:18pm

Thank you both girls. I gave in and started taking them and have noticed a big improvement. I still feel queasy but not been sick. Very tired from the tablets tho.

Think I will take them for a few days then maybe stop again and see how I go. Am much the same saz...not managing to eat much variety at all. Been munching on salty pretzels for days...how bad is that!!

At least I have managed to get some much needed fuel in me. I must say I slept a lot better too as I wasn't insanely hungry.

Who knew pregnancy was so hard!!!
Xxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests