You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "karried" started this thread

Reg: Nov 11th 2008

Children: CFC, Ireland

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 4:16pm

BFP (Twins) IVF 2 years ago, poor responder then - am I crazy to try again?

I am 38 and have 1 year old twins from my first IVF in 2011.
I was a poor responder so only had 7 eggs from the short protocol but all 7 fertilised!
We had 2 put back - both took and we had our darling DDs october 2011.

I am seriously considering starting another cycle but as I was such a poor responder 2 years ago I am really worried that I won't be producing eggs at all any more.
Last time we went to Blasto and sadly none of the others were good enough to freeze at that stage so we would have to start a fresh cycle again and as we are provate patients it is another 4K!

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and gone on to a BFP?? :)
KarrieD xxx
Karrie's IVF Diary 2!

nov 2008 & Apr 2009 IUI :BFN ;( Apr 2010 IVF - abandoned - no follies ;( Jan 2011 IVF - :BFP: 2 little [zx076] [zx076]

Reg: Aug 18th 2012

Children: 1 son who has just turned 3

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 8:10pm

I was a poor responder last time I got 5 eggs 4 fertilised and I had 1 put back that is my ds who is now 3 this time I got 6 eggs all fertilised and one put back and I am 4 weeks pregnant am waiting for first scan. There are things that they can do to get you to respond more.

Redwillows second climb of the horse My Diary

iui :BFN: X2

Ivf October 2008 :BFP: 1 beautiful baby1 10th July 2009

September start for number 2 :BFP: [zx076] seen 7+3 , 12+3 ,16+5,21+4 and 28 bab21

Reg: May 30th 2010

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 11:19pm

If you are crazy you are not alone! I would so much love to try again even though I have a beautiful daughter and another little one on the way. So currently praying for the baby to be born healthy but still cannot forget about what if we would try again later.

7 eggs all fertilised means you have great quality eggs and I would say it is far from a poor response. I had more eggs to start with but many were immature and not all fertilised so you are much better. I also had 2 singleton pregnancies from 3 cycles whereas you had twins from one. A lot of ladies sadly have nothing from three cycles.

You don't have anything to lose apart from your money and invested emotions - but such a cycle should be a lot more relaxed than when the odds were whether to have children at all. Your children even have a sibling so you might be able to take it easy :-)

Good luck

xx Rianon

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rianon" (Nov 15th 2012, 11:21pm)

Jappy

Reg: Sep 10th 2009

Children: One

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Friday, November 16th 2012, 9:46am

Hi.

I agree with Rianon, that's not a poor response. All my cycles have been similar to yours getting 7-9 etc. it is quality that is important and you have quality there in spades. It is crazy that after trying for so long to have our first baby (ies) that we will go through it again...but I am already thinking the same and I promised myself I would settle just for my one miracle. Xx

Good luck with whatever you decide. X
Jappy

MY DIARY - Jappy's Journey

6th time lucky. BFP 30.12.11 : D
twins confirmed 10.1.12 :faint:
Lost one twin at 9 weeks. So sad x
Baby James born 18.9.12 - Finally blessed : D