You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Newly Wed" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 10:37am

Help for a friend - monochorionic triplets

A friend of mine is expecting naturally concieved monchorionic identical triplets (i.e. they share one placenta). He pregnancy is incredibly high risk and she is being told that there is only a 50% chance of all 3 babies being born healthy because of the inability of one placenta to sustain all three, triplet to triplet transfusion syndrome etc. Has anyone been in this position and would you be willing to share your experience with my friend?
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 10:44am

My friend also conceived natural triplets.....8-)

Hers were identical girls and one boy so I think there must have been at least two placentas.....I could ask but I am not sure it is really the same. I know that she was also at high risk and her smallest triplet (born weighing just over 1lb) was in hospital for a very long time. Not to worry your friend but it is a risky pregnancy (although truly wonderful)! Let me know if you would like me to contact her.

Thanks.

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Reg: Jan 29th 2012

Children: 2 beautiful Angel babies xx

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 11:03am

hi, I dont have any experience of triplets personally or through my friends but I just wanted to wish your friend well. Once thing I would say/suggest is that I did have a twin pregnancy and that failed because of a placenta issue, which we have since been told may have been preventable had I have been prescribed aspirin and also given an ultrasound scan at around 17 weeks which is known as a vasculature check. I am sure she will be monitored very, very closely, but if you can somehow discreetly mention these things to her so she can ask about them, and has every chance of a successful pregnancy. On a very positive note, when I was in hospital after having my twins, there was a mum who had triplets. They had to spend 2 -3 months in hospital as they were prem obviously, but she took home 3 healthy baby boys so there is every chance she and the babies will be ok.

Sending lots of positive vibes to her xxx

Sep 10-IVF abandoned ?o( Jun 11:BFP-Premature Twins-too tiny to survive ;(:girl:1 day old :boy: 25 days old.Jun 12:BFP:mc 6w1d :| Oct 12:BFP:mc 7w2d ;( Apr 13:BFP: Our wonderful surrogate is carrying our baby!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests