You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jambogirl" started this thread

Reg: Mar 1st 2012

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 9:36am

painful movements

not really posted much more of a reader really. Im 37+1 today and apparently im having a big baby, been having regular scans due to this. Last week my bump was measuring just over term. Got another scan next friday when im 38+2 and she said they wont let me go past my due date due to size. Head is low down too.

Anyway to the point been getting tightenings for just over week but nothing constant. My baby moves lots but when it does its sooooooo painful all over and more so down low is this normal?

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 9:40am

The pains are normal Hun. There's no room left in there and your body is preparing for the birth.

Just a word of warning take everything they say with a pinch of salt. I was absolutely huge and they said my first one was gonna be over ten pounds and he came out 7lb 2 ozs. They never mentioned with my second one and he came out 9lb 3ozs and it was fine. Your body wouldn't produce a big baby if you couldn't cope. But sometimes they just don't come out as big as the professionals say. I wish I hadn't been induced with my first now I know better with the second.

Good luck Hun.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 10:52am

I have to agree. I bet we've had a hundred women on here who have been told that they're having tiny or enormous babies, who have been terrified, scanned, induced and ended up with babies between 'normal' range of between 6-10 pounds. It's important to remember that the 'average' size for a baby is 7lbs 6oz and that applies whether you are a 4ft 11 ballerina who weights 7 stone or whether you are 5ft 11 shot putter who weighs 14 stone. Often, 'average' is mixed up with 'normal' and this leads to worry.

As for the movements, yes, it gets pretty uncomfortable at the end. Every elbow or knee can be identified and if you're not particularly tall then it can be a really uncomfortable few weeks having a fully grown baby fighting for room with your insides. As long as baby is moving and you're not leaking anything then all is good (doesn't feel it though eh?). The tightenings and niggling pains are often a good sign, that your body is beginning to do the things it needs to to for birth.

It's such a relief once they're out!

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 8:11pm

hiya

i have to agree with the girls, i always measured 3 weeks behind my due date then 5 weeks at the end, i had 9 scans in total and i had a healthy 7lbs boy, my cousin was the opposite she was told her baby was 6lbs and he was nearly 9lbs so please don't worry.

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??