You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

safina4u

• "safina4u" started this thread

Reg: Oct 22nd 2012

Tuesday, October 23rd 2012, 10:58pm

Clinic Advice ARGC London:

Hi Ladies, I would be grateful if someone could guide me regarding information how good is the ARGC London and it's success which is meant to be over 60 % for women under the age of 35, I wanted to know if anyone has cycled there how good is there care, how much monitoring, what they do differently to other clinics and also heard they cherry pick patients if this is true which i heard from my last clinic which is zita west in london and also heard they are very fussy about FSH before they take you on, I also had an appointment today at zita west where my hubby bombarded them with questions which needed to be answered that what different can they do to get success because IVF does cost a lot of money especially money which you don't have all the time. Zita west said that they will tailor make my cycle and monitor me closely but i'm still not convinced weather to stick with them or go to ARGC because Zita West said to me that ARGC clinic is very intense and they don't see the benefit of having blood test's twice a day which i heard they do at ARGC, And Zita west Clinic also said to me that they will do bloods every 2 - 3 days and also more scans frequently, also zita west website says there success for ladies under 35 is just over 60% which i find hard to believe considering they have been doing IVF there since only more than a year because i can't find anything about them via forums how good are they. Please if any ladies can help me to decide and also any advice i would be grateful because i don't want to waste my cycle if it's not gonna work at zita west then i'd rather go to ARGC if i have a better chance. Thank You.

Jappy

Reg: Sep 10th 2009

Children: One

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Tuesday, October 23rd 2012, 11:30pm

Hi

I had my sixth cycle at ARGC and got my first positive and baby James was born 5 weeks ago today. Yes it is intense. Daily monitoring and twice daily in the second week. You pretty much give yourself over to them for the 2 week cycle so you need to be prepared to do that. They do not reject people but they won't start you if your bloods including FSH are not right. It costs a lot of money per cycle so if your bloods etc are not right then you would just wait til the following month and so on. Their success rates are really good as well.

Hope this helps
Jappy

MY DIARY - Jappy's Journey

6th time lucky. BFP 30.12.11 : D
twins confirmed 10.1.12 :faint:
Lost one twin at 9 weeks. So sad x
Baby James born 18.9.12 - Finally blessed : D

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Tuesday, October 23rd 2012, 11:35pm

There are lots of other clinics in London which get good results and which take a less radical approach to ARGC. It is worth also looking into Guys (where I got my BFP after some really excellent and sensible treatment), UCH and the Bridge clinic.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

safina4u

• "safina4u" started this thread

Reg: Oct 22nd 2012

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 7:08am

sorry jappy did u have your sixth cycle at ARGC and how many cycles have you had at the ARGC before you had your lovely baby or did you you cycle else where first.
Thanks

Cherlou

Superstar

Reg: Apr 8th 2011

Children: Hoping for a miracle!

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 9:48am

Hi Safina,

I am currently having treatment at ARGC. I had 3 unsuccessful rounds in gateshead and then changed to ARGC due to recommendations and their success rate. I had a fresh round in July which ended as a BFN. I am currently having an FET and am on my 2ww. I agree with the others that the ARGC is very intense and not for the faint hearted. For many they do get their BFP's there...but unfortunately not me. Getting a BFN with them is very hard as you have invested so much energy and money to them. They are very thorough and monitor you daily on a fresh cycle. I only had to have repeat bloods and scans twice...e.g twice in one day so it wasnt too bad. The embryologists are very good and it was the first time i had made it to blasto and had 2 to freeze.
What I will say is they are a very difficult clinic. They take on too many patients and their patient care is poor. You can go to an appointment and wait four hours (As i did for my transfer) without so much as an apology. They also never answer their phones and you have to chase them constantly. Comparing them to Zita West is so difficult as they are so very different. I went to Zita West for acupuncture on my last cycle and there was such a different feel. Music playing, comfortable sofas, friendly staff. Sometimes going into the ARGC is like going into a cattle market!! The waiting rooms and corridors are crowded full of people.

Ok so I have been very honest about the ARGC. I have had a rough time with them lately but what I will say is despite how hard it is and how crappy they are at basic customer relations I would still chose them because they are the best in the country. Although i am yet to get a BFP..i do feel they will do everything they can to help me get there. Mr T knows his stuff. I have everything crossed that this round is my time and i can join the success rates.

Zita West is also a very good clinic and certainly somewhere i considered. What ever choice you make go in with your eyes open. ARGC is hard, no one will hold your hand or offer you a shoulder to cry on BUT they may just get u your BFP!
Cher
xxxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
1 IVF May 11 0 fert. :tears:
2 ICSi Sept 11 :BFN: :tears:
3 ICSI Jan 12 :BFN: :tears:
ARGC
4 ICSI Immune cycle (IVIG/Steroids) July 12 :BFN: :tears:
5 FET Oct :BFP: It's a :boy: and :girl:

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE