You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sweetnatalie" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 27th 2009

Children: Hopefully!

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 11:41am

Most amount of fails before a positive?

Hi all

Just tested early and got a bfn on day 10dp3dt. Brief history:

First ivf in 2009 on nhs.
2 embies put in. Chemical
Then 1 snow baby put in and I got a negative.
Then went to Norway for tx. 2 embies put in on fresh cycle and got a bfp, early mc.
Then fet number 1, bfp - early mc
Then fet number 2, bfn
And now fet number 3 and looks like another bfn

What's the most treatments people have had before a positive???????

Would you say I am flogging a dead horse as the next one will be our 7th tx?? We have 6 frosties left

Thanks x x
Me 42 DH 43

2 x Natural :BFP: resulting in M/c
1 x IVF (NHS) :BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
1 x FET (NHS) :BFN:

Sept 11 (Norway) 2 Embies on board (12 on ice) :BFP: MC at 5 weeks!!
Jan 2012: FET 1:BFP: MC + Ectopic?? at 6 weeks
Jul 2012: FET 2:BFN:
Sept 2012 FET3:BFN:
Nov 2012 FET4:BFP: - No heart beat at 8 weeks gutted. our Ivf journey is over!!

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 12:31pm

Hello lovely lady,

So sorry you've had a negative today. I would say hang in there until test day just to be sure. I tested early and had a negative in the past, but then when I had my hcg blood test it was positive, so you never know - could be late implantation.

If it is negative, then I think you are right to go for it again. You have 6 frosties there waiting, so fingers crossed a little one or two is waiting for you there. I know some ladies who managed on their 7th time. I think as long as you are able to keep going then do because it WILL happen. There are very few people who don't manage to succeed with children, most get there in the end. I admire your strength very much.

I would suggest talking with Jon about what you can do next time that is different and about what he perceives to be the problem ie purely your eggs, implantation etc. Remind me about your protocol and tx drugs etc? Is your progesterone ok?

Xxx

Jappy

Reg: Sep 10th 2009

Children: One

What's Up?
I am a mommy !!!

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 1:29pm

Hi Natalie

Hopefully it's too early yet xxx

I got my BFP on my 6th cycle. I switched to a full immune cycle with ARGC and had the works. as AG says most get there in the end but you may need a change to your protocol to get there.

Lots of luck xx
Jappy

MY DIARY - Jappy's Journey

6th time lucky. BFP 30.12.11 : D
twins confirmed 10.1.12 :faint:
Lost one twin at 9 weeks. So sad x
Baby James born 18.9.12 - Finally blessed : D

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 3:12pm

Hi ladies.

Thanks for you kind words and advice. The Argc thing is out as I am not going to be having another cycle. We have the 6 frosties left and will use them. After that I think we are going to go down the surrogacy route. But hoping we don't need too. I know some lovely surrogates. So am not as scared as I used to be. I think it's just that I wanted to know people do eventually get there.

Grace I start my cycle on day 1 with 3 x Progynova, and 10 mg of prednisone and also 1 shot of clexane. I am also on metformin for the pcos and they used embryo glue the last two times. Have had some great suggestions from people about what to try etc so I am going to mention some of this to Jon. Some have even suggested endometrial biopsy (scratching) so see what he says

Still having loads of side effects. But that's what threw me, have had a real heavy, bloated tummy that has had stretching, pulling pains. Almost like stitches. I have had nausea, I have had extreme tiredness and extremely sore boobs. And I have even had heart burn. Which I have never had in my life. And my problem was that if they were side effects of them meds. Why did I not get any on my last cycle which was a bfn?.

Nightmare of a ride this is. I will test again on Friday and hope for a miracle that it changes. But I am now ready for it and have done my grieving. So it will be easy to move on.

X x
Me 42 DH 43

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 6:15pm

Unfortunately for some the whole journey can take a long time. Some quit before they succeed because it is all to much for them. I strongly believe that if you stick with it, you WILL succeed and I think you are in a good place with Jon in Haugesund. To some extent IVF is a bit of a numbers game and your numbers will come up i hope. Maybe you could suggest extra progesterone after ET, I take 2 shots of crinone a day. It sounds like he has you on a good protocol and with drugs that are used by immunies too. Trying to think what else you can do. I strongly recommend acupuncture and there is an amazing lady here in Bergen who I see. Maybe you could have some acupuncture with her too!

I will keep everything crossed for you for Friday, you never know. If anyone, deserves this - you do. Keep me posted and do let me know when you are coming over again. Hoping for a miracle for you. Xxx

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 6:33pm

Thanks Hun. I can't give up. Never will. If this doesn't work will go down the surrogacy route. But I will be a mummy by hook or crook!!! But have to give these last few a chance.

Will ask Jon what else he suggests. They always said it was just statistics as all looks great. But just luck of the draw. Well statistically I'm sur some happy news soon!!!!

Should be out in November / December I thinks will see what he says Monday x x x
Me 42 DH 43

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 6:40pm

I felt like that too and would have fought tooth and nail until we succeeded. I couldn't accept that it would never happen. I do think it will happen for you sweetie, just all this waiting and rollercoastering is hard. Let me know what Jon says about coming over and hopefully we can arrange something to meet up. Hopefully you'll have a turn in the books and not need to come. Let us know how you get on, on Friday. Xxx

Reg: May 30th 2010

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 10:59pm

Hi Natalie,

I am sorry to read about your negative test but to give you a ray of hope I also tested early and got a negative 10 days after a 5-day transfer. So hoping that you may just be too early.

On the other hand you seem to be doing FET so in a way I think it is already decided whether they will work or not. Are you not allowed to have 3 put back in I thought they let you do it over 40 so you might at least get a definite answer sooner. I like you would never give up on my frosties even if I had 5 children (would be nice :-)

I really hope your child is out there but nice to read you have a back-up plan. It makes me so sad when people who tried earlier decide to lead a childless life as it is completely different to those couples who never wanted children. It really does not matter (for me) where the child comes from who carries them etc. they just make you so happy and complete.

I wish you all the luck in the world and looks like you already decided.

xx Rianon

Reg: Jan 29th 2012

Children: 2 beautiful Angel babies xx

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 11:23pm

So sorry to hear your news hun, I really hope youre just too early :pray:

Im pretty sure that a lady called Carol here on FZ had 7 attempts but that last one did work and her baby girl is due any day :clap
Really hope you just tested too early xxx

Sep 10-IVF abandoned ?o( Jun 11:BFP-Premature Twins-too tiny to survive ;(:girl:1 day old :boy: 25 days old.Jun 12:BFP:mc 6w1d :| Oct 12:BFP:mc 7w2d ;( Apr 13:BFP: Our wonderful surrogate is carrying our baby!

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 6:32am

Thinking of you lovely and still hoping the tables turn for a positive result. Lots of love xxx

• United Kingdom

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 6:50am

Thank you ladies x x
Rianon. They will only transfer 2 in Norway which is ok with us as they were also frozen in vials of 2. So they just defrost 2 at a time. Means we have another 3 goes left. People keep saying how brave and strong I am. But it's not a case of that. It's more that I have to have a family. So I have no alternative.

I test tomorrow. And have held fast. Still have bouts of nausea and sore boobs but could be my meds

Will let you know soon x x
Me 42 DH 43

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 8:46am

""Hun I'm sorry it wasnt positive so far but you never know hun. I haven't had time to read through all the posts I just wanted to say my little man was our 7th attempt. Hang in there and as ag said I do believe it will happen if you can hang in there. Massive hugs to you my friend xxxx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "louise78" (Oct 4th 2012, 8:46am)

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 8:52am

Hi Natalie,

I just wanted to pop in as I've also had quite a few attempts without even a sniff of a BFP but I haven't given up hope yet. Like AG says, we WILL get there in the end - we just have to find a way to be strong and keep going.

Good luck.
Constance xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

• United Kingdom

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 8:54am

Thanks Constance

It does start to get you down after a while. Lol. I will keep going, not because I am strong but because I want a family x x x

Good luck with your new cycle xx
Me 42 DH 43

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Gutted

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 9:17am

Don't underestimate yourself - I think you are a very strong lady to have gone through everything you have. I know what you mean though, we keep going because the urge to have a family is so strong, there is no other option.

Good luck for tomorrow - I do hope this is your time.

:sticky: :sticky: :sticky:

C xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

taxihome

United Kingdom

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 9:29pm

Hi SN

I didnt get my BFP until past OTD on my 4th cycle, so please dont completley give up on this cycle yet.

To answer if you should carry on...Absoloutley if your heart says too.
X

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

• United Kingdom

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 10:02pm

Thanks ladies.

Taxi I would live to have hope but there is not even a sniff of a line. So have stopped my meds x
Me 42 DH 43

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 10:38pm

I know I am cluthcing at straws but did you test in the morning? (Sorry I'm sure you did after so many goes).

Well... fingers crossed for next 2 frosties it must be really draining I hated to travel within the UK can't imagine how it must be to go to Norway all the time. Any chance your frosties could be transferred to a nearby clinic? I mean I wouldn't want to offend your clinic or anything I am sure they are very good just to make it easier for you. After all does it matter who puts embie back if it is a skilled enough person? My clinic allowed us to do the scans of our last cycle in our local clinic and it was great I felt like living a normal life. We only had to go to London for a couple of days each as a separate day trip.

Also have you considered natural FET? I know it might sound stupid like you are decreasing your chances but again it is something to let you live a normal life. I might be saying rubbish after all I cannot thank science enough for my beautiful daughter. However if I ever had frozen embryos I would try natural FET so it is only my opinion.

Hope you had a good cry or did something nice with DH that helps xxx

Rianon

• United Kingdom

Friday, October 5th 2012, 7:47am

Hi rianon

Otd this morning but we already knew the result. So another bfn.
As you say it is so draining. Feel exhausted at the moment. Had all rife tears so at least they are out of my system. But just ache from head to toe.

Will speak to the clinic today. Unfortunately Norway are a bit funny with reproduction etc. they don't let you move the embies or do anything other then put them Back. So we are stuck there.
As much as I love them it is a pain. Especially with my phobia of flying lol

I may suggest a natural fet as I am a little concerned with keep using hrt as it increases your risk of breast cancer and my family have a history. It wasn't too bad when I was taking it for a short while but I have been on this for a year with this clinic

Thanks for all your lovely words. Like i say. We will get there. And I am thankful that I have such an amazing husband who loves and supports me x x
Me 42 DH 43

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Gutted

Friday, October 5th 2012, 8:26am

Hi SN,

So sorry to hear your news. I know how gutted you must feel.

I hope your getting lots of comfort and support.

Also, try not to worry about HRT - a lot of what we think about it is not actually proven - it was based on results from 10 years ago and lots of media hype. Updated results of large trials published this year failed to show a link between HRT and cancer risk.

Sending you lots of hugs.
C xx

MY DIARY

Friday, October 5th 2012, 8:40am

I am so sorry Natalie, I really am. You are amazing after everything you have been through to still be looking positively ahead. I know it is through your desire to have a baby no matter what and I have to say people with that attitude WILL get a baby no matter what. You WILL be a mummy.

Regarding your clinic it is a pain with all the travelling, especially if you are scared of flying, you poor thing, but I do think you are in a great place and changing clinics at this stage of the game would be disastrous. In my opinion anyway. Your clinic know you very well and have a history with you. I always advise people to think twice about changing clinics. Grass not being greener and all that. Will be interesting to hear what they say about next steps.

Take some time with DH just now. Go for a lovely meal and some expensive champagne because you can and because hopefully soon you'll be off the booze for a good 9 months! Much love xxx

• United Kingdom

Friday, October 5th 2012, 8:51am

Thanks honey.

I do love my clinic but sometimes the make me mad lol today his email said I can stop the meds and to "keep in touch" I was so mad but it's making me laugh now. I know it's because he isn't English and his wording is sometimes funny. They are so laid back. And I know they can't give me answers as no one knows why it's not working but just a theory would be nice. We never have a follow up and they just say "it's one of those things"

I have asked him a few questions today, as to why we are going backwards. Why before we started with the embryo glue we had bfps.

Hopefully he will give me some answers. Or at least a theory.

Apart from that. All is good :) just soooooo tired and achey.
Me 42 DH 43

blackie

Reg: May 14th 2008

Children: one dd, aged 10

Friday, October 5th 2012, 10:18am

Natalie, just seen this post, I had put a little note for you in the 2ww chat thread. Im sorry you got another bfn today. This is so tough for you emotionally. Try and take care of yourself (maybe hold off the champers for a couple more days though just in case? - be forever hopeful) (((HUGS)))
Sally

me 39yrs, with low amh. dd (10yrs) conceived naturally

dh 50yrs (vasectomy)

d iui OCT 2012 bfn hpt, blood test low hcg, m/c 6wk2d

Friday, October 5th 2012, 3:11pm

[zx127]

• United Kingdom

Friday, October 5th 2012, 3:15pm

Thanks ladies. Am all good today had my bad day yesterday. So back on it again today. Been our food shopping.

Have the most random cramps today. Don't feel period more stabbing. Guess its all the meds my body has had.

Tmi alert - also had to go to the toilet when out today as I thought I had started bleeding but was just cm. guess it's coming off the meds

Have a nice bottle of Zinfandel in the fridge for later so I know I will sleep well tonight haha
Me 42 DH 43

Switzerland

Reg: Oct 21st 2009

Friday, October 5th 2012, 3:30pm

SN
Sorry to hear about your BFN but really admire your attitude re carrying on. Oh and the wine drinking - enjoy it :cheers2:
If you take the view that, in any "batch", you have some eggs which are better than others am sure that there is a little fighter amongst your remaining frosties that will be the "one" - have everything crossed for you xxx