You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Scattyash" started this thread

Reg: Sep 18th 2012

Tuesday, September 18th 2012, 11:16am

Does this sound like a normal pregnancy

Hiya I've recently had my first cycle of ivf and it was successful
I will be five weeks this coming Thursday,
I had 2 6 day blasts transferred,
Well the problem is I've been getting pains that I'm not sure are normal, I've felt like I'm coming on but I know that's normal, but on my left side above my ovary I've been getting some twinges, like stabbing pains, and sometimes when I sit or move my leg I am more aware of it like there's something there,
I've also been getting shoulder aches at the same time, I've been to the dr but wasn't much helpful but booked me in for a scan this comin Saturday,
I had a slight bit of pink spotting on the tissue last week, and I've had very bad heartburn,
Sometimes the pain feels like it could be wind and when I try and pass it, it hurts in the spot,
I am taking progestione pesseries twice a day,
Also when I googled my symptoms it came up ectopic symptoms,
But I had 2 of these and had both tubes removed,
I'm very worried x

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 18th 2012, 4:02pm

Hi,

In the very early stages of pregnancy the hormones affect you digestion and one of the first things a lot of people notice is that they become constipated, bloated and suffer from pains in their stomach. I remember having a similar kind of pain over my hipbone which I was convinced was an ectopic. My GP told me to avoid fatty foods (she actually said "lay off the junk!") and to drink plenty of fluid as it was just my digestion playing up.

Bad heartburn sounds like a good sign to me, get some Gaviscon liquid to help.

These aches, pains and twinges are VERY common, very worrying and very often just your body adapting to pregnancy.

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Tuesday, September 18th 2012, 4:24pm

Sounds pretty normal to me to be honest - hope the scan puts your mind at rest so that you can enjoy being pregnant!!!

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, September 18th 2012, 6:32pm

I had all sorts of aches and pains especially stabbing pain in the left and right hand side. The cyclogest really mucks up your digestion ad well so might be that. As others have said it sounds pretty normal but hopefully your scan will put your mind at rest - good luck!

• "Scattyash" started this thread

Reg: Sep 18th 2012

Tuesday, September 18th 2012, 10:54pm

Hi guys thank you, for your reply, it's just so stressful not knowing what's going on, and I want this Baby so bad im just waiting for something to go wrong, as it doesn't feel real that it's worked,
I'm looking toward to my scan and hopefully that will put my mind at rest
X

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Wednesday, September 19th 2012, 5:45am

Also to add I got teriible shoulder pain combined with pain in left hand side above hip bone which was due to wind! So awful I cried one day, so I know shoulder pain is classic ectopic symptom but can also be digestion related.