You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Net

• "Net" started this thread

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Sunday, September 16th 2012, 9:48am

Blood in amniotic fluid

Hi all

I went for a scan yesterday and was told there was blood in the amniotic fluid, probably from the many bleeds I have had through my pregnancy. The consultant said it was nothing to worry about but that it meant that the baby's bowel showed up as a bright colour on the scan (from swallowing the fluid). He said that they may raise it as a concern at my 20 week scan but that there was an explanation for it (the bleeding) and really not to be concerned. Now whilst I'm not overly concerned I am a bit worried, just wondered if anyone else had experience of this?

Thanks
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Net" (Sep 16th 2012, 9:52am)

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Sunday, September 16th 2012, 9:49pm

Hi, I havent had experience with this, we never found out what caused my bleeding during pregnancy but didnt want to read and run, im sure someone with some experience of this will be along soon. If the doctors arent worried i'd try to not worry either (easier said than done I know) Take care xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2012

Children: 1 GORGEOUS Baby Girl and one due in December

What's Up?
My O.H proposed ....I'm getting married!!!!!!
wedding2

Thursday, September 20th 2012, 9:34pm

hey babe

I have never had this either. You say they know the reason for the bleeding which is good...in most cases they never figure out why it happens. They couldn't in my case either.

It's good that they have advised you not to worry, but I know what you mean....you can't help but worry anyway! As Kat said, I am sure there is someone else on here who will be able to discuss with you. Not long till your 20 week scan eh?
1st IVF Cycle @ CRM London :BFP:
2nd IVF Cycle @ CRM London :BFP:

Reg: Dec 14th 2011

Children: I have two sons 15 + 12 and a daughter who's 6 years old and another little man on route :)

Saturday, September 22nd 2012, 5:29pm

I've never heard of this either I bled a lot with my last three all the way through but never worked out why or where from. It's reassuring though that consultant said it was nothing to worry about, I do hope someone comes along to talk to you who has heard of this.
Xxx