You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LilMissBossy" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2012

Children: 1 GORGEOUS Baby Girl and one due in December

What's Up?
My O.H proposed ....I'm getting married!!!!!!
wedding2

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 12:50pm

**advice needed** 13 weeks and feeling amazing...can this be right?

Hi Ladies

Okay so I am 13 weeks tomorrow so I will officially be in the 2nd trimester. Up until last week I was sick as a dog, tired, moody etc and seemed to be getting a bump practically overnight!

This last week I suddenly feel great...no sickness, not as tired etc is it because i have stopped cyclogest now and folic acid? Can it really all change just like that?

I know I sound paranoid but i seemed to a get this little bump straight away and now it seems to have stopped...I haven't got any bigger. yet my pregnancy books say i should now be starting to get bigger more quickly?? Could there be something wrong or is this totally normal and I am just being daft?

I had my 12 week scan on Friday last week, and all was fine, but i can't help but think that this sudden feeling of ...well...greatness....must mean something is wrong?

Please someone else say you have had this!!!
1st IVF Cycle @ CRM London :BFP:
2nd IVF Cycle @ CRM London :BFP:

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 1:28pm

Hi, Hun
I think that this is totally normal. You would, previously, have had a bigger belly as a result of treatment, ovarian response to stims etc - basically fluid retention over the belly. The ovaries are now, no longer, working overtime as the placenta has taken over the function of providing the hormones to support the pregnancy. Even though baby is growing, the fluid is shifting and this will result in a perception of no growth for a few weeks.

Even in pregnancies where ladies have not been on drugs, many experience a sudden increased feeling of well-being somewhere from 12 weeks (although there are also many who do not) and they start to "glow". Skin problems clear up, nausea stops and, sometimes, the libido increases too.

If you are really worried, though, you can always contact your MW/doctor for advice

Hugs

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 1:30pm

Hiya,

It was 14 weeks before I started feeling well again. After 12 weeks the placenta takes over which means the sickness stops and the tiredness stops.

You may have been really bloated and swollen from tx which would be why you got a bump straight away, a lot of people don't get a bump until 10, 12 15 weeks!

You will start to get bigger but to be honest you don't really notice it yourself. It wasn't until much later that I couldn't fasten my shoes and I though 'Jeez, I'm big!!'

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
wedding2

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 1:48pm

Thank yuo so much for the replies ladies...I don't feel so worried now..you are right I did really bloat up with the IVF. We got 20 eggs in the end so the clinic said it was normal.

I guess I am shocked how it can change so dramatically in a week! Sometimes I genuinely forget I am pregnant!

Reg: Jan 5th 2009

Children: 3 children

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 2:24pm

Hi, we are exactly the same weeks to the day! I too am 13 weeks tomorrow. I was wondering the same thing as my sickness had disappeared . Although I'm still very tired. My scan is Friday! Really scared :tear:
:BFP: June 2012

Baby girl Millicent (Millie) born 16/1/13 bab21

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
wedding2

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 2:55pm

Hi, we are exactly the same weeks to the day! I too am 13 weeks tomorrow. I was wondering the same thing as my sickness had disappeared . Although I'm still very tired. My scan is Friday! Really scared :tear:
AWW SO YOU'RE DUE FEBRUARY 7TH THEN? ooops sorry for caps! How cool is that! I had my 12 week scan last week, everythign looked fine but they couldn't do the nuchal measurement which worried me...but now i suddenly feel so normal I had myself convinced something was wrong....I am considering getting a doppler so i can listen to the heartbeat to reassure myself...but then if i couldn't find it I'd freak!

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 3:08pm

Yes my due date is 7 feb smile2 Why could they not take nuchal measurements? My " 12 week" scan is being done a bit late! But iv had 2 previous scans that were ok. Doesn't stop me from worrying about this Friday though :tear:

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
wedding2

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 3:23pm

Yes my due date is 7 feb smile2 Why could they not take nuchal measurements? My " 12 week" scan is being done a bit late! But iv had 2 previous scans that were ok. Doesn't stop me from worrying about this Friday though :tear:

I had a scan at 7 weeks and 10 weeks too, but i still worried like hell about the 12 week one so I know what you mean. Aww it's so amazing we are due the same day!

Baby would not keep still for nuchal measurement...baby decided to do cartwheels instead!

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 3:25pm

U two are so lucky i got my last scan at 9 weeks and am not gettng another one until 16 weeks now thats scary!!!!! :thumbdown:

I cant wait til 13 weeks now becuz you two have said the sick stops woo hoo that day i will cheer :party:

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
wedding2

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 1:08pm

U two are so lucky i got my last scan at 9 weeks and am not gettng another one until 16 weeks now thats scary!!!!! :thumbdown:

I cant wait til 13 weeks now becuz you two have said the sick stops woo hoo that day i will cheer :party:
How come you have to wait that long??? Do you have a midwife appointment in the meantime? At my first midwife appointment I asked if she could use a doppler to listen to the heartbeat. Maybe you could do that to tide you over till your next scan?

Kitten...so your 12 weeks scan is this friday? OOOOH It will be amazing trust me x I cried the whole time!

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 2:24pm

Lil Miss Bossy- The reason i have to wait is the amount of women in our hospital and we just get scanned when they can 9 week one was technically my 12 week scan andthe 16 week one is one they are giving me as a "favour" to put my mind at rest AS IF!!!!
I seen my midwife on tuesday past and am booked in again on the 21/08/2012 for another appointment and at this one she said she will use doppler cuz you gotta be over 12 weeks before she will be able to hear anything and by then i will be 13 so lets keep xfingers

I cant wait til then becuz i will stop using all the pessaries and tablets and hopefully i will hear my bubba and the sick will stop :yuk:

Kitten- :goodluck: with your scan on friday they are so amazing

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
wedding2

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 11:29pm

Lil Miss Bossy- The reason i have to wait is the amount of women in our hospital and we just get scanned when they can 9 week one was technically my 12 week scan andthe 16 week one is one they are giving me as a "favour" to put my mind at rest AS IF!!!!
I seen my midwife on tuesday past and am booked in again on the 21/08/2012 for another appointment and at this one she said she will use doppler cuz you gotta be over 12 weeks before she will be able to hear anything and by then i will be 13 so lets keep xfingers

I cant wait til then becuz i will stop using all the pessaries and tablets and hopefully i will hear my bubba and the sick will stop :yuk:

Kitten- :goodluck: with your scan on friday they are so amazing
I haven't heard the heartbeat yet, as midwife couldn't find it when I went at 10 weeks. I bet it will be amazing!!!! Once you stop pessaries things do get alot better hun x

Kitten - all the best for tomorrow xx

Deedles

Reg: Nov 12th 2011

Children: none yet !

Monday, August 6th 2012, 12:07am

HI Kitten Love
Hope your well
I am due mid feb and I have my nuchal scan thursday ...aarrgh !! nailbiting
be good to hear from you and how you are feeling !

Deedles

Monday, August 6th 2012, 7:12am

Hi Hun....I had my nuchal scan last Thursday. Was amazing smile2 they dated me at 14 weeks. Due date 1st feb.
I have an awful cough and cold at the moment, think I may even have chest infection so going to try get appt with my gp. X

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE